What's new

Doka La face-off: Round 1 to India

We should really avoid provacative titles. We should respect Chinese army and its size. We should never strive for War, but the Chinese are pushing for it using century old map. Forward policy of the Chinese.

I think you may have called the game a little too early. Hold your horse and watch.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...stand-off-with-india/articleshow/59402806.cms

Nah its over man. PLA knows what the situation is there first-hand. They will have to overcommit there for nothing or worse. PLA is actually quite flexible and knowledgeable on where it enjoys the advantage and where it doesn't.

What Chinese govt does... like it does with SCS regarding say American Destroyers floating past in claimed territorial water is something different.....but I am not talking about that aspect.

The middle ground between the two is some troop movements and military posturing...but thats about it.

Its been a few days already now so lets see anyway.

Nah its over man. PLA knows what the situation is there first-hand. They will have to overcommit there for nothing or worse. PLA is actually quite flexible and knowledgeable on where it enjoys the advantage and where it doesn't.

What Chinese govt does... like it does with SCS regarding say American Destroyers floating past in claimed territorial water is something different.....but I am not talking about that aspect.

The middle ground between the two is some troop movements and military posturing...but thats about it.

Its been a few days already now so lets see anyway.

Yeah, that is exactly what Nehru and Menon thought in the first part of 1962. Sure, today's India is not longer the India in 1962, but China is not the China of 1962 either. India was the darling of both camps of cold war in 1962 and enjoyed the air superiority and the shorter supply line over China, and China was at odd with USSR, under embargo imposed by US led West, facing Taiwan Chiang's “Counter Strike". I am not sure India today holds any advantage over China as she enjoyed in 1962. In fact, while India has hardly finished 30% of border infrastructure required, China is building a harden road right up to your chicken-neck area, which is the very reason that made India so nervous and decide to trespass the border.

Also, when it comes to the war potential, India and China had similar economic footing in the 60's, but today India is only 1/5 of size of China.

Chinese government usually does things quietly, but this time, they intentionally made the conflict very public. If you think Xi will back down this time in front of 800 million social network users who are constantly picking on the government, you may be into another "surprise".

By the way, Indian MSM using Indian keyboard Warriors edited wiki page as evidence of "giving China a bloody nose", was laughable. :partay:

Last edited:
Yeah, that is exactly what Nehru and Menon thought in the first part of 1962. Sure, today's India is not longer the India in 1962, but China is not the China of 1962 either. India was the darling of both camps of cold war in 1962 and enjoyed the air superiority and the shorter supply line over China, and China was at odd with USSR, under embargo imposed by US led West, facing Taiwan Chiang's “Counter Strike". I am not sure India today holds any advantage over China as she enjoyed in 1962. In fact, while India has hardly finished 30% of border infrastructure required, China is building a harden road right up to your chicken-neck area, which is the very reason that made India so nervous and decide to trespass the border.

Also, when it comes to the war potential, India and China had similar economic footing in the 60's, but today India is only 1/5 of size of China.

Chinese government usually does things quietly, but this time, they intentionally made the conflict very public. If you think Xi will back down this time in front of 800 million social network users who are constantly picking on the government, you may be into another "surprise".

By the way, Indian MSM using Indian keyboard Warriors edited wiki page as evidence of "giving China a bloody nose", was laughable. :partay:

What are your predictions for what happens next? Do you think we will see an all out conflict in the near future?

Like I said, can just wait and see the result yourself. Shall we revisit situation in say a months time? Enough?

What are your predictions for what happens next? Do you think we will see an all out conflict in the near future?

I don't think so as China needs to continue its long term strategic roadmap, but the social pressure is building on Xi's government. Facing problems in SCS, HK, Taiwan, and with SK, Japan and US, Chinese government has been long accused of being too soft by many, China may need a limited border conflict with a sound legal ground to vent the domestic anger, and IA happen to be on Chinese soil right at this moment!

I don't think so as China needs to continue its long term strategic roadmap, but the social pressure is building on Xi's government. Facing problems in SCS, HK, Taiwan, and with SK, Japan and US, Chinese government has been long accused of being too soft by many, China may need a limited border conflict with a sound legal ground to vent the domestic anger, and IA happen to be on Chinese soil right at this moment!

I don't know how the war will proceed but any war with China will push India into the American camp firmly once and for all. Sucks that the two Asian giants can't work with each other..

I don't know how the war will proceed but any war with China will push India into the American camp firmly once and for all. Sucks that the two Asian giants can't work with each other..

It took a very long time for the British and Americans to put their differences and rivalries behind and become partners and then strongest of allies...around 100 - 150 years

You wouldn't think it, but not very far from here are a network of forts and canals designed by British engineers to do one thing: kill as many American invaders as possible and hold out till British reinforcements arrive along with the Navy. They are mostly tourist attractions now and also good fishing and boating spots....hiding to large degree what their reason originally was.

The yanks after all torched current day Toronto (fort york) back in the war of 1812 (which is why the British marched down and set Washington on fire in response). Tell a soldier of that period that down the road, their countries would be the thickest of friends and you would get laughed at (if not shot at).

China and India barely have 1% of that realised animosity on population terms (can look to Europe as another example)...so I am pretty sure the future is much brighter from the past evidence of other countries doing do. Both countries also know better in the end to over commit too much to pettiness when they are nowhere near their realised potentials anyway.

China and India barely have 1% of that realised animosity on population terms (can look to Europe as another example)...

To be honest, Indians and Chinese get along effortlessly in the US. I have many Chinese friends and am seriously disturbed by the vitriol spewed by Chinese members here. I can't help but wonder if most Chinese actually hate Indians and they are just being fake polite for the sake of social propriety.

To be honest, Indians and Chinese get along effortlessly in the US. I have many Chinese friends and am seriously disturbed by the vitriol spewed by Chinese members here. I can't help but wonder if most Chinese actually hate Indians and they are just being fake polite for the sake of social propriety.

Internet defence forums attract the weirdest hyperbolic types from all nations....provided they are who they claim they are in the first place.

I have been to China, even the interior places....no there aren't vile and paranoid India-haters in every corner....and the very few that may be....well I doubt they hate only Indians and could distinguish between the various South Asians, Arabs, Africans etc. One Chinese person thought a Peruvian-origin friend of mine was from India etc...

Indulging over-nationalist, even racist tendencies on an internet forum is probably because such people have serious social inadequacies in reality....because society as a whole stops them from acting on it in real life (few want the consequences) and face to face etc...so they get to vent here with little restriction (lets face it this forum for obvious reasons is more naturally conducive for it on the anti-India flavour)

Others simply are in some kind of warped existence online getting a power and superiority thrill. I indulged in such myself in the BD subforum before (mostly because I expected them to be like my RL BD friends instead and when they weren't I escalated fire with fire etc)...and I can see why it can consume others completely (in my case I stopped thankfully because I didn't like what I was becoming even as an online persona, as much as I could segregate it from my actual real life persona).

Others simply are in some kind of warped existence online getting a power and superiority thrill. I indulged in such myself in the BD subforum before (mostly because I expected them to be like my RL BD friends instead and when they weren't I escalated fire with fire etc)...and I can see why it can consume others completely (in my case I stopped thankfully because I didn't like what I was becoming even as an online persona, as much as I could segregate it from my actual real life persona).

Wow, I can relate buddy. When I first joined this forum (under a different ID a long time ago), I was attacked by some alt right Indians and called a Khalistani etc.. That made me angry and I attacked them back leading to a couple of nasty confrontations that I would never do in real life with Indian, Pakistani or Chinese. So I've just decided to stop and treat my online existence as a continuation of my actual self. Otherwise you just look like an asshole and worse spoil the image of your community (Sikh, Indian, Pakistani, Hindu, Muslim etc) in the eyes of people.

Whom do u support here,India or China. Or Dou take neutral stand.
At the airport going to singapore..b back on 8th
20170703_161242.jpg
20170703_163821.jpg

Just counted 31 immigration counters
20170703_165007.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom