What's new

Does PA have these weapons/tactics which have been successfully deployed in Ukraine?

313ghazi

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Last edited:
6) Access to satellite intel and space based intel platforms

7) Amrekan dollars 💸 💵 💲
Big backers

zelensky.jpg

Apologies if this has been discussed elsewhere, but I was watching this video...

... about the weapons used in Ukraine that turned the tide of the war for the Ukrainians.

The 3 listed in this video are;

1. Javelin/NLAW
2. HIMARS
3. Artillery coordinated by drones

My question is - does PA have thier own equivalent?
1. Not really, dont have any guided F&F munitions that are infantry operated
2. We have GMLRS but not the HIMARs
3. Yes

Apologies if this has been discussed elsewhere, but I was watching this video...

... about the weapons used in Ukraine that turned the tide of the war for the Ukrainians.

1. Javelin/NLAW
2. HIMARS

The PA has analogous solutions for each:

1. Javelin ATGM: There's been a standard ATGM program in the works. But it was tied to the new attack helicopter program. For example, when it ordered the T129 ATAK, the PA also planned to induct large numbers of Roketsan OMTAS and UMTAS for use from aircraft, infantry, and vehicles. They'll likely buy smaller batches of ATGMs until the attack helicopter programs come online. Once they do, they'll standardize on an ATGM for service-wide induction.

2. NLAW: The PA uses the Alcotán-100.

3. HIMARS: The PA doesn't have an exact solution like the HIMARS, but it does have guided rocket capabilities in the 122 mm and 300 mm calibers. The next ideal step would be to develop a hot-swappable module for our existing guided rockets.

4. Artillery/drone coordination: The PA can probably do it with its existing solutions, but IIRC there are no dedicated solutions for this.

Javelin: No (Maybe HJ-12 in the future).

NLAW: Alcotan ATGM in service with PA roughly works along the same principles.

HIMARS: Fatah-1 series of precision guided MRLs and a new battlefield range missile named "Orhan" displayed at IDEAS by Harobanx Industries can fill this role.

UAV Guided Artillery: The capability is within reach.

20221115_121119.jpg
20221115_113115.jpg
20221115_113216.jpg
20221115_113207.jpg
20221115_145335.jpg
20221118_125019.jpg

Attachments

• 20221115_113055.jpg
    20221115_113055.jpg
    222 KB · Views: 27

1. Javelin/NLAW
2. HIMARS

Only himars type rockets pak may have but none of other too but there are some reports pak has Chinese red arrow HJ 12 ATGM

Back
Top Bottom