What's new

Does India Really Need to Defend the Siachen Glacier?

Pakistan is not waning, the will to liberate is rock solid. Pakistan has just been busy at the western border last 15 years. Once mission there is over the focus will again be om liberation on Kashmir from Indian occupatipon .
been waiting for 69 years old chap.try harder .

Whatever helps you sleep at night. Lucky for you, you dont have nightmares of 155mm shells and PGMs unlike the PA that survived and later evacuated.
Sweetheart, if Indian artillery was that accurate than 3 months of continuous shelling would have produce miracles for the IA in Kargil. After 3 months of continues failure, IA restore to IAF, which also failed initially, than asked France to send them laser guided munition. Even villagers along LoC are not scared of Indian shelling.

A road to the glacier is being built(part of over 3000km of road being built along the Tibetan border). The costs for India will come down dramatically when it is complete in 2022. Anyone calling for demilitarization need only be reminded of Kargil, 27/11, and other attacks emanating from Pakistan.

Words of wisdom: Let the snow melt then we'll find precious land. And dead bodies by the way.

We find this from the snow

i5cbpk.jpg

Guess what our future gen will find.

I think if we start from small to big, it'll be good and easy. Like this:

1. Joint controlled Siachen

2. Joint controlled Kashmir, and then

3. Joint controlled India-Pakistan.

It'll give us space for trial and error.

Pakistan still holds the highest peak in Kargil and can target surround Indian post anytime. Which mean Pakistan can cut off ladakh Highway to Siachen. Cutting off essential, food and supplies for the Indian solders on Siachen.

You really think Pakistan can afford to do such a thing that too now nope may be later when Pakistan has sufficient international clout and a good economy you can try but the window for such misadventures is fast closing as the gap widens btw our two armed forces.

You really think Pakistan can afford to do such a thing that too now nope may be later when Pakistan has sufficient international clout and a good economy you can try but the window for such misadventures is fast closing as the gap widens btw our two armed forces.
When it comes to capability building, Pakistani is moving faster than India. Indian is buying unarmed, transport plans, helicopter and random junk. Still worst case scenario, tactical nukes. Nothing to worry about.

When it comes to capability building, Pakistani is moving faster than India. Indian is buying unarmed, transport plans, helicopter and random junk. Still worst case scenario, tactical nukes. Nothing to worry about.

Unarmed transport planes and helicopters is what will address our problem of slow mobilization of forces.
To be really honest i don't see India ever initiating a war with Pakistan we are happy with status quo we don't want your part of Kashmir.

As far as tactical nukes go i don't even want to discuss because they will never be used.

Sweetheart, if Indian artillery was that accurate than 3 months of continuous shelling would have produce miracles for the IA in Kargil. After 3 months of continues failure, IA restore to IAF, which also failed initially, than asked France to send them laser guided munition. Even villagers along LoC are not scared of Indian shelling.

Like I said whatever helps you to persist in believing other than the reality is understandable. It has been in operation since 48.

Pakistan will simply face an even worse situation if it tries it again....but what is assured is you will spin it some way to save face again afterwards.

As I said before on other threads about Siachen.

Siachen is an ego booster for a jingoistic warmongering nation like India. Other than that there is not logic in occupying that icebox. Siachen offers no special strategic advantage to India and all the articles written in Indian media about Siachen's strategic advantage are nothing but excuses for India's adventures in Siachen and to retain occupation.

As I said before on other threads about Siachen.

Siachen is an ego booster for a jingoistic warmongering nation like India. Other than that there is not logic in occupying that icebox. Siachen offers no special strategic advantage to India and all the articles written in Indian media about Siachen's strategic advantage are nothing but excuses for India's adventures in Siachen and to retain occupation.

Then why pa ask to demilitarized that area? And cry foul in every where about siachen?

Enemy's ENVY, Owners PridE..!

Loll, we aren't interested in negotiating Kashmir at all. We can hold that without Siachen too. Kuch milne wala nahi hai tumko.

Itnay time Se issue chal Raha hai aap ko Kia mil gya hai?????
Pakistan Ka flag raise karne pe to ban Kar dete ho even universities Se dispel Kar dete ho.

Then why pa ask to demilitarized that area? And cry foul in every where about siachen?

Enemy's ENVY, Owners PridE..!

Pakistan asks to demilitarize this area because it considers it waste of finances and human lives to fight over a piece of ice that has little or no military or strategic worth. For that it needs demilitarization from both sides.

You can take pride in occupying an ice box. Just don't give us bullsh!t reasons for it.

Itnay time Se issue chal Raha hai aap ko Kia mil gya hai?????

kuch nahi. Aur na milai ga. Anyways we Pakistanis should move on.

Instead of asking Indians to demilitarize we should just carry on with status quo for now and pray for Indians to regain their long lost rationality and sanity.

Like I said whatever helps you to persist in believing other than the reality is understandable. It has been in operation since 48.

Pakistan will simply face an even worse situation if it tries it again....but what is assured is you will spin it some way to save face again afterwards.
.. and your reality revolved around Indian media.

Difference b/w India and Pakistan is, India got Drinking buddies. As long as Indian is willing to bear the bill, they are your friends. when things go south, Pakistan got real friends and allies who historically helped Pakistan without worrying about money or payback. I want to see how many countries stands behind India when they run out of money in any long term conflict.

.. and your reality revolved around Indian media.

Difference b/w India and Pakistan is, India got Drinking buddies. As long as Indian is willing to bear the bill, they are your friends. when things go south, Pakistan got real friends and allies who historically helped Pakistan without worrying about money or payback. I want to see how many countries stands behind India when they run out of money in any long term conflict.

Yah and Sharif recently calling Kargil a "backstab" on Vajpayee was a Indian media stunt? I don't rely on the media for that perception....I, unlike you, have been to Dal lake and Kashmir valley and was able to see who's version is closer to the truth....and it certainly wasn't Pakistan's.

As for these friends and allies that have helped Pakistan and will apparently do so in future. Where were they when half your country broke away from you? One sent an aircraft carrier to try some posturing and ignored their own diplomat's telegrams, another did absolutely nothing except complain and withdraw recognition to the rebels for some years...till Bhutto went there and started relations himself with the breakaways and accepted reality.

But at least that pressure helped you get 90,000 POWs back relatively quickly without a war crimes tribunal. So yeah your "buddies" will probably do the same in helping you get better surrender terms if Pakistan dares to instigate something again and fails inevitably as usual.....no ones going to go out of their way to help you fight a war you start. What did Chinese say and do during Kargil?

Last edited:
Yah and Sharif recently calling Kargil a "backstab" on Vajpayee was a Indian media stunt? I don't rely on the media for that perception....I, unlike you, have been to Dal lake and Kashmir valley and was able to see who's version is closer to the truth....and it certainly wasn't Pakistan's.

As for these friends and allies that have helped Pakistan and will apparently do so in future. Where were they when half your country broke away from you? One sent an aircraft carrier to try some posturing and ignored their own diplomat's telegrams, another did absolutely nothing except complain and withdraw recognition to the rebels for some years...till Bhutto went there and started relations himself with the breakaways and accepted reality.

But at least that pressure helped you get 90,000 POWs back relatively quickly without a war crimes tribunal. So yeah your "buddies" will probably do the same in helping you get better surrender terms if Pakistan dares to instigate something again and fails inevitably as usual.....no ones going to go out of their way to help you fight a war you start. What did Chinese say and do during Kargil?

Ok let me rephrase my question. Suppose there was a volcano instead of Siachen glacier above the point LoC ends. What would be the reaction of India, and Pak as well. Wouldn't we be fighting on papers and table instead of mountains. THAT is the point. Ego and pride (yours or mine) ends where NATURE begins, for human survival.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom