What's new

Does India need 8,000 Km Range missile?

Yes, you do if you can. Being complacent is dangerous. India was invaded by countries more than 8000 km away; you don't want to have such a tragedy to repeat. Why do you think America wants to have the ability to hit every country on Earth?

I agree. The ability to strike at any point of the world makes everyone think twice and actually brings peace compared to the one sided armament the has usually been the norm.

I think Ist DRDO have to compete all the existing project which are more important like..
Nirbhay
Astra MK-1
Astra MK-2
Nag
Aaksh -II
Pinaka - II
Helina
Anti Radiation Missile
Prahar
Shaurya
K-4 and even K-5 (with the range of 5500)

Last edited:
I cant believe this is still being debated by morons.....there should never be any limit on range and minariztion. Think of space travel and that being the end result. Thus we need to look for a propulsion system that works on that scale which will also satisfy a missile range comparable to China.

Having missiles with such range allow for our subs to operate from anywhere in the world which is a tactical issue. The opinions of posters who advocate for limited range, display their total lack of or ignorance of STRATEGY>

What is the range of Agni6.6000km??

Its range is 6,000 K and max range is around 6,500, in my opinion.

India needs 8000 x 2 kms range missile.

I seriously doubt we will have 15,000 KM plus range missile for next 20 years.

I think Ist DRDO have to compete all the existing project which are more important like..
Nirbhay
Astra MK-1
Astra MK-2
Nag
Aaksh -II
Pinaka - II
Helina
Anti Radiation Missile
Prahar
Shaurya
K-4 and even K-5 (with the range of 5500)

We also need Nirbhay 2 with 2,000 KM with GLCM, SLCM and ALCM version.

Its range is 6,000 K and max range is around 6,500, in my opinion.

I seriously doubt we will have 15,000 KM plus range missile for next 20 years.

We also need Nirbhay 2 with 2,000 KM with GLCM, SLCM and ALCM version.

As of now there is nothing called agni 6.
Hell even agni 5 will take 2-3 years to enter production

As of now there is nothing called agni 6.
Hell even agni 5 will take 2-3 years to enter production

Agni 6 is under developement and it is not myth.

Agni 5 can carry 3 warheads at max which makes it potential MRV( Multiple Reentry Vehicel) platform, while Agni 6 will be able to carry 4 to 6 warheads (MIRVs).

Agni 6 is under developement and it is not myth.

Agni 5 can carry 3 warheads at max which makes it potential MRV( Multiple Reentry Vehicel) platform, while Agni 6 will be able to carry 4 to 6 warheads (MIRVs).

Stop the propaganda dude.

saraswat and ashwini both have stated on record that next focus after agni 5 will be mirv and marv and range will be considered later.

And agni 5 can carry only warhead,thats it.
Maybe we will test mirv/marv with agni 6 but thats still years away

Stop the propaganda dude.

saraswat and ashwini both have stated on record that next focus after agni 5 will be mirv and marv and range will be considered later.

And agni 5 can carry only warhead,thats it.
Maybe we will test mirv/marv with agni 6 but thats still years away

There is difference between MRV(Multiple RVs), MaRV(Maneuverable RV) and MIRV(Multiple independently Target-able Reentry Vehicle), Agni 5 can carry up to 3 MRVs while Agni 6 can carry 4 to 6 MIRVs.

What Saraswat hinting is about MaRV and MIRV, while other sources suggest Agni 5 is capable of carrying up to 3 MRVs(Multiple RVs).

There is difference between MRV(Multiple RVs), MaRV(Maneuverable RV) and MIRV(Multiple independently Target-able Reentry Vehicle), Agni 5 can carry up to 3 MRVs while Agni 6 can carry 4 to 6 MIRVs.

What Saraswat hinting is about MaRV and MIRV, while other sources suggest Agni 5 is capable of carrying up to 3 MRVs(Multiple RVs).

Read my post too.
Am also talking about mirv/marv only.

And pls give a source for ur claims which u sadly can't as none exists.

Back
Top Bottom