What's new

Does India need 8,000 Km Range missile?

We don't need SSBNs to have a 2nd strike option against Pakistan, fighters with nuclear payloads can do the same because that's a thread next door. The main targets of China on the other side are out of reach for IAF, which makes it urgent to have a secondary alternative to our land based nuclear missiles against them. That's where projecting power comes in, which is why we need nuclear subs and capable carriers and carrier fighters, because you send the our force to their area.

BM with increased range does not means its easy to detect. The speed of such missiles isa crucial factor that has made Misisles Shields ineffective. As for the range, we need to be more strategic. Sending our navy around their waters is a lossing strategy since they have developed effective countermeasures for the US Navy. We are fooling ourselves to think that such an act would be successful. As for Pakistan, we never know. Things can always change in a short notice especially if China feels the need to do so. Who is going to stop them? Look at North Korea. Increased missile range is the only safe solution at this time, due to the ability to hide better and further.

We need Agni-6 but not right now. We should give emphasis to Agni 4 and 5 more. After they are inducted into our strategic forces command then we can go for it.

Wrong we should be continuing our research and development. Saying we don;t need Agni 6 now, will f-k us in the long run. When we need it, where will we get it at that moment? I say if we could skip the development of 4 and 5 and go straight to 6 with MIRV's then do so.

BM with increased range does not means its easy to detect. The speed of such missiles isa crucial factor that has made Misisles Shields ineffective. As for the range, we need to be more strategic. Sending our navy around their waters is a lossing strategy since they have developed effective countermeasures for the US Navy. We are fooling ourselves to think that such an act would be successful. As for Pakistan, we never know. Things can always change in a short notice especially if China feels the need to do so. Who is going to stop them? Look at North Korea. Increased missile range is the only safe solution at this time, due to the ability to hide better and further.

Wrong we should be continuing our research and development. Saying we don;t need Agni 6 now, will f-k us in the long run. When we need it, where will we get it at that moment? I say if we could skip the development of 4 and 5 and go straight to 6 with MIRV's then do so.

I think you didn't understand my point. I am just saying DRDO is messing up with too many projects. Thats why they are not delivering the systems to our armed forces. Which project were started long ago were running behind their schedule. Agni 4 & 5 needs to be perfected and should induct into our strategic forces command in around 4/5 years. Then we can go for agni-6 and all the technologies were developed for Agni4/5 can be used in Agni-6 and DRDO will be free at that time without any other missile programs. They can concentrate only on one project and deliver them around 2020/21.

Do I need a Porsche? No, my versa from my student days was fine, but it's nice to have when you have the means.

I think you didn't understand my point. I am just saying DRDO is messing up with too many projects. Thats why they are not delivering the systems to our armed forces. Which project were started long ago were running behind their schedule. Agni 4 & 5 needs to be perfected and should induct into our strategic forces command in around 4/5 years. Then we can go for agni-6 and all the technologies were developed for Agni4/5 can be used in Agni-6 and DRDO will be free at that time without any other missile programs. They can concentrate only on one project and deliver them around 2020/21.

Agni 6 is already nearing completion

Do I need a Porsche? No, my versa from my student days was fine, but it's nice to have when you have the means.

we may go for 8,000 KM missile

it's not about "wish" and "means", its about strategic need

We must have a missile to cover whole Europe

Going for 9,000-10,000 km missile will make US angry and will result in sanctions, so I don't think India will develop such missile, at least till 2025

Yes- India does need this to protect itself against its enemies

well we need such missile and thats why we are working on to get such capability.

I have reached conclusion that India needs missile with 8,000 to 9,100 KM range and ability to carry at least 6 warheads.

In other words we may not need Surya-2 but need Surya-1.

I have reached conclusion that India needs missile with 8,000 to 9,100 KM range and ability to carry at least 6 warheads.

In other words we may not need Surya-2 but need Surya-1.

There is no limit to such tech and there will be no cap on range too.

We need the max we can achieve but right now mirv and marv are much more imp than range.
We need to focus on those first

we may go for 8,000 KM missile

it's not about "wish" and "means", its about strategic need

We must have a missile to cover whole Europe

Going for 9,000-10,000 km missile will make US angry and will result in sanctions, so I don't think India will develop such missile, at least till 2025

They can't sanction us now.

But anyhow we need at least 10 years to have an operational 8000 km missile,by 2025 india will be too strong for usa to sanction assuming it grows at 6-7 pc which it is poised to do

A 5000 KMs range from an SLBM will reach US too. Which is already in the making. If we have to we will, it all depends on threat perception.

We should Keep on focusing For Enhancement of the ICBM tech We have Today.And Yes we should go for 12k -15k missile.V.k Sarasawat Already acknowledged that Range is Not a Problem For DRDO .We Should Keep Agni-6 Like missiles Operational For Minimum Deterrence And Use Surya 1 and Surya 2 Missiles For Technological Enhancement for Future Prespective:smokin::smokin:

There is no limit to such tech and there will be no cap on range too.

We need the max we can achieve but right now mirv and marv are much more imp than range.
We need to focus on those first

Both will take shape in parallel.

I believe Surya is already under development.

One GOI official revealed in late 1990s that India is developing missile with up to 5,000 KM range. (Few days later he was stripped of its department.)

We know that he wasn't lying if we remember 2007 and 2012.

This is why I believe Surya (At least its 8,000 KM version) is under development; all those rumor about Surya are not rumors.

Definitely Indian authoriets have done their best to keep this program secret.

We should Keep on focusing For Enhancement of the ICBM tech We have Today.And Yes we should go for 12k -15k missile.V.k Sarasawat Already acknowledged that Range is Not a Problem For DRDO .We Should Keep Agni-6 Like missiles Operational For Minimum Deterrence And Use Surya 1 and Surya 2 Missiles For Technological Enhancement for Future Prespective:smokin::smokin:

I believe we will not go for missile having range more than 8,000 KM, at least for next 15 years.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom