What's new

Does India need 8,000 Km Range missile?

There is difference between MRV(Multiple RVs), MaRV(Maneuverable RV) and MIRV(Multiple independently Target-able Reentry Vehicle), Agni 5 can carry up to 3 MRVs while Agni 6 can carry 4 to 6 MIRVs.

What Saraswat hinting is about MaRV and MIRV, while other sources suggest Agni 5 is capable of carrying up to 3 MRVs(Multiple RVs).
Agni-V in its present configuration can deliver only one RV, thats because the third motor is conical and has too small diameter to support any MIRV bus. Development of MIRV-ed variant of Agni-V would require a re-designed cylindrical third stage, an MIRV-bus and a shroud.

Agni V is too small to carry three MIRVs under a payload shroud as it's right now, so they would need to design it same way as the Soviets designed RSD-10 IRBM.
qwnImZ1.jpg

Wonder if they will design one to carry 10 warheads.

I doubt it... Russia's best land based ICBM RS-24 doesn't carry more than three to four warheads, and that's why Russians are planning to design new heavy liquid fueled ICBM.

Single warhead SS-25 is still the most common mobile ICBM in Russian arsenal.
f7dhAoB.jpg

That is one reason why I just shake my head when I read claims that DF-41 is armed with 10 warheads... so far other countries haven't managed to design and manufacture something like the Peacekeeper MX.

We are working on long range missile only because of China, otherwise we don need 8000 KM missile…We have to make sure that we are giving 100% cover to CHINA…means each and every point of CHINA…It will good to answer any aggression from CHINA.
what about their much effective missile defence system??

depends on what you mean by need.

China would never use it regardless of Indian capabilities. Even disregard the whole international response and other things, just the after effect of the Nuke will cause more harm than good, even to China itself. We are too close.

But missiles like these are the ticket to great power status, so think of it like a mercedes, nobody needs it, but good to have.

I doubt it... Russia's best land based ICBM RS-24 doesn't carry more than three to four warheads, and that's why Russians are planning to design new heavy liquid fueled ICBM.

f7dhAoB.jpg

That is one reason why I just shake my head when I read claims that DF-41 is armed with 10 warheads... so far other countries haven't managed to design and manufacture something like the Peacekeeper MX.

Our Trident missiles has the potential to carry 14. But because of reduced range and START treaties, thats not gonna happen.

Our Trident missiles has the potential to carry 14. But because of reduced range and START treaties, thats not gonna happen.

It was rumored that Peacekeeper could have carried up to 18-20 W-76's, but I guess it was never seriously planned since W-76 is a NAVY warhead... no IHE or any that sort of things what were required from land based warheads.

TvOX6vu.jpg

f7dhAoB.jpg

Bro,R 36 "Satan" of soviet union carries upto 14 (or more) RVs,10 warheads.

Back
Top Bottom