What's new

Does India need 8,000 Km Range missile?

A strategic weapon system is develop for a specific threat. Identify the threat first then develop the weapon system to address that threat. Simple as that.

Not a good strategy. You could end up with the wrong weapon system.
You mean to say India developed this missile without specific threats. Are you the national security advisory for Indian establishment or u have strong connection in New Delhi.

Can not understand how some brainless can become PROFESSIONAL.

National security and poverty are two different issue, we dnt want some one else to rule us. But being a Bangladeshi your far dream is Chinese/US military base in your country.

May be you people like to be ruled by others but we dont.

then this statement is valid for all countries including Pakistan...

Its not the issue about aggressor its all about purpose of making this missile which u earlier said is made without specific threats. remember

You are hard to understand. ... India was the threat in the 1962 war.

T

Two people who dont understand each other is always a threat to each other so is the case between INDIA & CHINA

If that is that case how would having a 8,000km missile help to promote understanding between the two country.

If that is that case how would having a 8,000km missile help to promote understanding between the two country.
When people of different race live's together at close proximity then only one thing avoids eating one other and that is threat of DEATH.

When people of different race live's together at close proximity then only one thing avoids eating one other and that is threat of DEATH.

So we have come a big circle. In Malay this type of arguing is called "Turning, turning" (Pusing Pusing).
So back to....who is threatening who.

Based on 1962 war document, India threatened China. Thus China was never a threat. For the past 50 years, the Sino-India disputed border are the world's most peaceful disputed border.
Second. Your immediate threat is the internal Maoist insurgent and next is Pakistan which is smaller and just next door.
Third with your current GDP it will be costly for India to sustain such a expensive deterrent weapon system.

Based on all the above, NO India does not need a 8,000km range missile.

So we have come a big circle. In Malay this type of arguing is called "Turning, turning" (Pusing Pusing).

Based on 1962 war document, India threatened China. Thus China was never a threat. For the past 50 years, the Sino-India disputed border are the world's most peaceful disputed border.
Second. Your immediate threat is the internal Maoist insurgent and next is Pakistan which is smaller and just next door.
Third with your current GDP it will be costly for India to sustain such a expensive deterrent weapon system.

I don't know to speak Malay neither i have been there thus i can't comment on what is said in Malay and what not.

Based on evidence of early 1950-1960 we know that India had boarder with Tibet not with China which was inherited from East India Company like many other Boarder such as Boarder with Nepal which is my nation. Similarly Boarder with Burma and Bhutan the same way you inherited your boarder with Thailand. This arrangement was breached when China invade Tibet after which Boarder with two country was established. Thus a country who expanded its territory towards India via Tibet is always threat coz of its expansionist behavior

India expense 3% of its GDP on defense which is average defense expenditure. With economic size of 1800 billion dollar growing 5% is not as bad in present context when global economy is growing 2% on average. Out of G20 nation Indian economy beside its slow down is still growing as second fastest nation after china.

So India requires 8,000km range missile because it is affordable to its economy and their is serious threat from expansionist dictator regime across Himalaya. isn't is ?

We have enough GDP to keep the ICBMs in arsenal, you know how much we spending on whole military, just 1.7% of GDP, and for us that is not that much high.

And actually Agni-6 is going to achieve 10,000 Km., not 8000.

I don't know to speak Malay neither i have been there thus i can't comment on what is said in Malay and what not.

Based on evidence of early 1950-1960 we know that India had boarder with Tibet not with China which was inherited from East India Company like many other Boarder such as Boarder with Nepal which is my nation. Similarly Boarder with Burma and Bhutan the same way you inherited your boarder with Thailand. This arrangement was breached when China invade Tibet after which Boarder with two country was established. Thus a country who expanded its territory towards India via Tibet is always threat coz of its expansionist behavior

India expense 3% of its GDP on defense which is average defense expenditure. With economic size of 1800 billion dollar growing 5% is not as bad in present context when global economy is growing 2% on average. Out of G20 nation Indian economy beside its slow down is still growing as second fastest nation after china.

So India requires 8,000km range missile because it is affordable to its economy and their is serious threat from expansionist dictator regime across Himalaya. isn't is ?

तुम तो नेपाल को चीन का हिस्सा बनाना चाहते थे, ये मैं क्या देख रहा हूँ भारत का समर्थन और चीन को गालियाँ o_Oo_O

An 8000km or 10,000km icbm would reach eu or usa. I don't think that helps india the least bit in its defence. The only reason india seems to develop these icbms is to assert its global power status, and raise its head among the major powers of the world, and ultimately get a permanent seat in the UN. Other than that the icbm doesn't make india safer.

As to the question of whether india needs such a weapon, i think it doesn't. The best way to receive global recognition is to keep investing in the space program, including the mars mission. That would prop india on world stage very quickly, giving it the national glory it seeks.

Back
Top Bottom