What's new

Does India need 8,000 Km Range missile?

An 8000km or 10,000km icbm would reach eu or usa. I don't think that helps india the least bit in its defence. The only reason india seems to develop these icbms is to assert its global power status, and raise its head among the major powers of the world, and ultimately get a permanent seat in the UN. Other than that the icbm doesn't make india safer.

As to the question of whether india needs such a weapon, i think it doesn't.

Yup we dont need that, in defense. But today most of the war is run through diplomacy, and not from real weapon, whats all the Aircraft Carriers.

And for hard power capability, we needed hardly.

तुम तो नेपाल को चीन का हिस्सा बनाना चाहते थे, ये मैं क्या देख रहा हूँ भारत का समर्थन और चीन को गालियाँ o_Oo_O
I speak the truth. I hate Indian foreign policy in the region specially the smaller neighborhood which some Indian wants argue with me on it where as support the idea of growth, development and stability of governance. Its all like analyzing the plus and minus of India. I have no personnel issue with u.

I don't know to speak Malay neither i have been there thus i can't comment on what is said in Malay and what not.

Based on evidence of early 1950-1960 we know that India had boarder with Tibet not with China which was inherited from East India Company like many other Boarder such as Boarder with Nepal which is my nation. Similarly Boarder with Burma and Bhutan the same way you inherited your boarder with Thailand. This arrangement was breached when China invade Tibet after which Boarder with two country was established. Thus a country who expanded its territory towards India via Tibet is always threat coz of its expansionist behavior

First it was the 1962 war, now its Tibet. India might as well spend even more resources defending themselves against United Kingdom. After all they conquered India for 200years. But the fact of the matter is that Indian former PM already identified their most serious threat as the internal insurgent then Democratic Pakistan.
But it seems you will dig up what ever to identify China as threat no matter what. You have your point of view to defend.

India expense 3% of its GDP on defense which is average defense expenditure. With economic size of 1800 billion dollar growing 5% is not as bad in present context when global economy is growing 2% on average. Out of G20 nation Indian economy beside its slow down is still growing as second fastest nation after china.

So India requires 8,000km range missile because it is affordable to its economy and their is serious threat from expansionist dictator regime across Himalaya. isn't is ?

Yes, Indian can spend their hard earn money on what ever they want. But you must also consider the current level of India development. There are many better and cheaper low tech ways of developing a credible deterrent.

Last edited:
Yes, Indian can spend their hard earn money on what ever they want. But you must also consider the current level of India development. There are many better and cheaper low tech ways of developing a credible deterrent.

Enough money is being spend on development.The development budget of our missile development project is negligible when compared to infra budget..

What cheaper ways ?

An 8000km or 10,000km icbm would reach eu or usa. I don't think that helps india the least bit in its defence. The only reason india seems to develop these icbms is to assert its global power status, and raise its head among the major powers of the world, and ultimately get a permanent seat in the UN. Other than that the icbm doesn't make india safer.

As to the question of whether india needs such a weapon, i think it doesn't. The best way to receive global recognition is to keep investing in the space program, including the mars mission. That would prop india on world stage very quickly, giving it the national glory it seeks.

In order to reach US, we need ICBM with 12,000 KM range.

An 8,000 KM range ICBM will not cover US but will cover whole Europe, including England.

If India doesn't wish to be blackmailed by the US and other Western powers in future, she must develop ICBM capable of hitting any important western military/non-military installation anywhere on Planet Earth. We no longer have the USSR with us.

In short yes we do need >> 8000 km missile.

If India doesn't wish to be blackmailed by the US and other Western powers in future, she must develop ICBM capable of hitting any important western military/non-military installation anywhere on Planet Earth. We no longer have the USSR with us.

You mean the 12000km missile :p:
8000km doesn't make it to the coast.

Agni-3 is not just a missile but a system to configure a variety of missiles from the building blocks. Thus using the same technology modules one can generate a system with a combination of modules to realize longer range or heavier payload or multiple payloads/decoys.

Agni-3A Configuration:

A 3 stage missile consisting of A2FS(S32), A3MUS(S9), A3CUS(S4) and MIRV-Mk2 payload.
Height: 17 m.
Mass: 51 ton
Performance: 8,100Km (1,500Kg)

Agni-3C Configuration:

Agni-3C consisting of A2FS(S32), A3MUS(S9), A3SUM(120-14) and MIRV-Mk4 payload.
Height: 14.6 m.
Mass: 45 ton
Performance: 10,300Km (1,050Kg)

Agni-3SL Configuration:

Agni-3SL consisting of A2FS(S27), A3CUS(S7), A3SUM(120-14) and MIRV-Mk4 payload.
Height: 12.2 m.
Mass: 38 ton
Performance: 5,200Km (1,400Kg), 7,200Km (1,050Kg), 11,600Km(700kg)

Agni-3TD Configuration:

Agni-3TD consisting of A2FS(S32), A3MUS(S9)and RV-Mk3 payload.
Height: 16.7 m.
Mass: 48 ton
Performance: 4,100Km (1,500Kg)

You mean the 12000km missile :p:
8000km doesn't make it to the coast.

I believe by >> he means > which is sign for greater than.

Yes,definitly we need a 8,000 km missile. Because,the need for that may come up within days,but the missile won't . It'll take months and years to build one.

Back
Top Bottom