What's new

Do you have any questions about China?

I've heard it's very hard to get a tourist visa for CHina, for southasians, is it true?
Also, is china a popular destination for studying? I've considered many countriesd but can't find any o\info on china - which unis/colleges have many foreign students and is rankied high in the top 100 of the world?

For Pakistani, Not very difficult, check the world University ranking, you will find more information. HongKong is a choice but it very different from Mainland China.

In Spratly isl where VN control the largest and the most important part, can China defeat VN there or VN will kick china out and retake all lost islands ?? and Why ?

our leaders are soft.

All I can say is Wen Jiabao is the China's version of a Liberal, soft leaders cannot run the country with full potential at least not now.

no we dont plant them. but we do have a lot of indigenous fruits that taste just as good!

In fact mangoes are mass-produced in S Asia.

Have you ever eaten mangoes? forget that, are chinese interested about foreign foods? Because most people are crazy about chinese food mostly because of the exotic aura about it

For Pakistani, Not very difficult, check the world University ranking, you will find more information. HongKong is a choice but it very different from Mainland China.

wil i be comfortable there? i mean chinese people here mostly keep to themselves, a few nice ones i've talked to, but most are VERY VERY quiet

about 10% Chinese has religion, 130million, and 99% believe Confucianism:
Study hard
Good work
Support parents
Child-rearing
give honor to all the gods, but keep them at a distance

is it easy for one child to take care of two parents and four grandparents?

I've heard it's very hard to get a tourist visa for CHina, for southasians, is it true?
Also, is china a popular destination for studying? I've considered many countriesd but can't find any o\info on china - which unis/colleges have many foreign students and is rankied high in the top 100 of the world?

Pakistan is well regarded as a friend of China! As for tourist visa, the best place to ask for detailed information is to access the local consultate / embassy there. Because I dont need one so I cant help you further on that.

Regarding studying in China, all universities are taught in Chinese and verbally communicate in Putonghua. You will find a hard time getting through your life without acquiring a good language skill there. But some universities, like foreign language university may offer courses wherein the students' ignorance in Chinese do not pose as bad as an obstacle like other Chinese universities.

wil i be comfortable there? i mean chinese people here mostly keep to themselves, a few nice ones i've talked to, but most are VERY VERY quiet

If you visit HK or Taipei the people are very friendly, as most Chinese overseas keep to themselves.

comfort zones various from person to person! many people from s asia are more introvert than Chinese!

is it easy for one child to take care of two parents and four grandparents[/B]?

obviously it is not! is that a good question?

the elders will live on their own pensions and some still carry on their functional employment in other areas even after retirement.

Have you ever eaten mangoes? forget that, are Chinese interested about foreign foods? Because most people are crazy about Chinese food mostly because of the exotic aura about it

Of course! mango raw, icecream, puddings,cakes, milkshakes!

We are open to different tastes of food if they are available from all over the world.

I wont give you a preconception on Chinese food. Why dont you try some for yourself?

My co-worker who is Chinese told me -

ABC in China means - American Born Chinese :tup:.. and guess what I told him

ABCD in India means American Born Confused Desi.. :):tup::tup:

american_born_shirt-235694677084061009

He literally was in stitches :)

Threads going pretty well so far lets keep it that way.

Back
Top Bottom