What's new

Do you have any questions about China?

Countries with autonomous region usually don't have separate currencies.

The reason was due to Hong Kong and Macao having different economic institutions at the time compared to mainland China. 50 years of high autonomy were given to the territories in order to give China time to catch up and develop sufficiently before their institutions are integrated with the mainland.

I love my MOP and HKD in my wallet, they are much cleaner than other currencies.

They depend on dollars not RMB.

lets see if the decoupling of the local currencies in SARs from usd will happen sooner than expected. People are accumulating RMB as the rates are higher. Now with the unlimited period of QE3 ongoing, usd is closer to toilet paper more than ever!

I dont know where is gaogang! is it in 泰州市? if it is then gaogang is just a very tiny village town and that has already made him so impressed.

¸ß¸ÛÇøÈËÃñÕþ¸®ÍøÕ¾

It is 泰州,I looked some of the pictures he took. Gaogang is a small city but it is a brand new city out of blue. So everything is new, the city looks pretty impressive.

For anyone who is still interested to have an idea about China-Vietnam's trade and other exchanges, here is also a 3-part episode of the same program above describing the livelihood and everything in a border city of China, Dongxing 东兴市, Guangxi with its Vietnam neighbour.

1/3

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunately I only understand two words "China" and "Vietnam" in the videos. Anyway it is nice to see how both countries overcome differences and work for a better future.

We have similar political system and share something in Culture. You should have general idea. Are you born in Viet ? How many years you spent there ?

I put the word "secrets" in quotation mark. Just want to hear what you are saying is that what I am thinking. Yes, I grew up in Vietnam, and indeed we both have more things in common than things that divide us.

I put the word "secrets" in quotation mark. Just want to hear what you are saying is that what I am thinking. Yes, I grew up in Vietnam, and indeed we both have more things in common than things that divide us.
what do you think the "secrets" are?I suggest you make a tour of Guangxi the next time you go back to VN and find the "secrets" yourself

The tv program was a huge project undertaken by CCTV which has sent a cavalcade of reporters touring, interviewing and filming in significant cities situated along the border of China with our many neighbours. We managed to officially demarcate a vast majority of boundary issues with the bordering countries; and with Vietnam on the land border as well.

There was never any demonized nor bitter narrations in the series. The show was a big hit and all the episodes were broadcast in the most graceful manner nationwide.

Is this thread limited to general questions about china ??

Can we ask defence related questions ???

Anyone knows the payroll taxes in China, Hong Kong and Macau as percentage to salary? Do people with higher incomes pay more or stay the same percentage wise?

Back
Top Bottom