What's new

Do you have any questions about China?

Yes in my place electricity and food is definitely cheaper than Shenyang,liaoning ........... dont know about the rest

Electricity Rs3.5/unit
One kg onion is Rs.14

I prefer Chinese trains.....price to comfort ratio they are definitely cheaper !! Indian trains are slower and there are many classes ........and majority bogeys are non ac........just looking at price india will be cheaper but quality was IR lags way behind

So for comparison only
3AC - 1400 rupees for 2000 km ........

In China, train, about 220RMB for 2000km, about 1900 rupees

USA is a High income country. I guess 2.25 is OK for New Yorkers.

Every little thing adds up and it costs about $4,000 a month for a family of four with a mortgage-free house and two cars. Of course you can cram four people in a single room that costs half but no cars.

My question is, let say we move to China, what kind of live style we (4) can have with $2,000 USD monthly fixed income excluding our health insurances. Would we a) barely manage, b) comfortable or c) live in high style.

So what is the Chinese view on athiesm?

Chinese believes in everything, but also believes in nothing.yea, in some degree.
2500 years ago, Confucius said "Give honor to all the gods, but keep them at a distance"
now about 10% Chinese has religion, but 90% others also give honor to all the gods:
EG: Gang, Mars belive the god: Guang Yu, God of wealth, God of door, god of toilet, God of Kitchen(the 7th day before Chinese new year, pray for the god), God of fire (the 7th day after Chinese new year, send the god away for the year your house has no fire disaster), Buddhist Kwan-yin is also the baby god(if your wife want a baby, then she may be pray for her), and general Chinese think the gods of China are Neighbors of Buddha living at east sky, and Jesus, Greek gods, Nordic God live in the west sky, the gods of Islamic live in the north middle sky, and Unknown God scattered throughout the universe; for the Hell, the east Hell is ordered by Yanluo King and Ksitigarbha Bodhisattva, and west hell is ordered by Lucifer and Satan...........

whay Maoism is banned in china , but still hang big picture of him everywhere?

Every little thing adds up and it costs about $4,000 a month for a family of four with a mortgage-free house and two cars. Of course you can cram four people in a single room that costs half but no cars.

My question is, let say we move to China, what kind of live style we (4) can have with $2,000 USD monthly fixed income excluding our health insurances. Would we a) barely manage, b) comfortable or c) live in high style.
I do not know much about NYC, but according to my experience in London, with half amount of income, you can live far better in Beijing rather than London, actually, there are many USA people in China, about 110,000. If you want to move to China, find a good job and bring ur family, you can easily survive, when I was a student, my pocket money is just 200 dollars, thats enough and I do go clubbing sometimes.

BUT, language and culture may be big issues.

we no longer use Mao's idea of economy, politics and international affairs. But he is the founder of PRC, still got respected all over China. Maoist, it no longer has a market in China.

i have to say ,at lest 80% families here cann't earn 2000USD a month .so you are among the 20%
20120706092348118.jpg

banned???when & why? "fade" more accurate

Damn Beijing subway is way cheaper than Delhi metro !!! 2 rmb....around 14 rupees !!

hi,don't be sad.what about subways of other cities,shanghai shenzhen guangzhou xi'an hangzhou...........example: most tickets are 3-7rmb in shanghai,maybe more expensive than in delhi....

hi,don't be sad.what about subways of other cities,shanghai shenzhen guangzhou xi'an hangzhou...........example: most tickets are 3-7rmb in shanghai,maybe more expensive than in delhi....

In Shenyang, 2-4 RMB

it denpends on which cities. in shanghai 2000 USD fixed income is normal. my wife worked in hsbc in shanghai. her fixed income ist around 4000usd.
but the average salary in shanghai is not so high compare with other metro cities.

I have a trading company in shanghai the average salary in my company is only around 700-900USD. my company is very small. only 8 peoples. and only two people of them get more than 2000usd monthly, ( include myself).
and I had a pakistani intern( he can speak several dieferent language.) . he got 700USD in a month,the rent of his appartment (very small) is over 350USD. .(700USD it is not enough for him. and his father has to support him some money:azn:)
in shanghai with $2,000 USD monthly fixed income: means less than comfortable. not so comforable. for example. with only 2000USD monthly salary. is hard for you to buy a appartment.
shanghai has a terrible high house price rate
but people has different view of comfortable. if you dont buy real estate. 2000USD is ok.

in my hometown in anhui, 2000USD monthly is comfortable

he got repected all over china. not as god, but as founder of PRC.

some people still repect him as god. include myself.

tea originates from china but but now is national drink of India. In local language we call it "Chai". I think Indian tea is very different from Chinese. Chinese tea looks like brown colored hot water and I think Chinese tea don't have sugar, milk, cardamom, ginger, tulsi leaves and other spices in it. Indian tea is always sweet in taste

I have seen the movie "the red cliff" it was dubbed in hindi, there was a procedure to make good Chinese tea, when the actress was making tea it looks like if she is doing some yoga with here hands in between making tea. She was more concentrated on the timings and temperature of boiling water rather than the key ingredients. Can you tell me how it actually tastes the Chinese tea? means it is sweet? salted? sour? or no taste at all!!

tea originates from china but but now is national drink of India. In local language we call it "Chai". I think Indian tea is very different from Chinese. Chinese tea looks like brown colored hot water and I think Chinese tea don't have sugar, milk, cardamom, ginger, tulsi leaves and other spices in it. Indian tea is always sweet in taste

I have seen the movie "the red cliff" it was dubbed in hindi, there was a procedure to make good Chinese tea, when the actress was making tea it looks like if she is doing some yoga with here hands in between making tea. She was more concentrated on the timings and temperature of boiling water rather than the key ingredients. Can you tell me how it actually tastes the Chinese tea? means it is sweet? salted? sour? or no taste at all!!
It just tastes like tea itselt. More ingredients will ruin good tea.

most chinese people drink green tea with bitter taste (no sugar)
and sugar is actually not good for health
Green tea - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

1.green tea .black tea.Dark Green Tea .oolong (tea).yellow tea.white tea.etc.
Their raw materials and production process are different.
no sugar or other seasonings

2.Tea ceremony is very complex.it is a way of self-cultivation ,not just for tastes

In Mandarin and Cantonese tea is called "Cha".

What you saw in the movie was Chinese tea preparation. As for the tea, it usually depends on what kind of tea; chrysanthemum tea for example would be sweet while green tea would have a refreshing, clear taste. Generally we don't drink our tea with all the extra stuff like milk, sugar, and spices, usually just tea leaves or a teabag. Though we do have Chinese tea culture, it focuses much more on tea preparation and customs than on taste and ingredients.

Chinese tea culture - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Back
Top Bottom