Votes: 53 61.6%
  • God but not religion

Votes: 18 20.9%
  • Athiest

Votes: 15 17.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
and doesn't this show the flaws in a society without religion, a society based on materialistic and worldly gains? A society in which money is worshiped?
Its studies, not money. As result infant mortality in South Korea is 4.26 per thousand while in Pakistan its 65.14 per thousand.

Life expectancy in South Korea is 78.6 years in Pakistan - 65.5 years.

and the debate is slowing down D: if you wanna call it a debate i just see people tossing ideas around both muslims and athiests this isnt a proper debate D:

Kabhi ae Haqeekat-e-Muntazir Nazar aa Lebas se Majaz me
Ke Hazaroo Sajday Tarap rahein hein Meri Jabeen-e-Niaz me

1473446a6e688d2b5e.gif

(Iqbal)

I was referred by a muslim friend of mine to read about islam because I have lots of curiosity about universe and its origin, but there were few things I didnt find convincing, so can anyone tell me if I misunderstood something. I was reading through this site which seems to be a muslim site.

God Allah - What is The Origin of God?

Q) My question to which I was looking for answers was that if everything needs to have an origin, if simplest life forms like amoeba and bacteria can’t start on their own then how can there be super powerful, super intelligent entity called god be there on its own.

Answer as given on site was He always has existed and He never was created, as He is not like His creation, nor similar to it, in any way.

The prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) explained the devil would come to a person and ask them questions about creation; "Who created this or that?" to which the reply would be; "Allah" until he would ask; "Who created Allah?" At this stage the prophet advised us to drop this train of thought. Obviously, God - the real God, must be eternal and not have to be created.

What I didnt like in this answer is that it doesnt gives answer to my question, it just says like ' Hey I am always right, if there is something I can't answer then the question has to be wrong and other guy has to be crazy'. I cant buy that answer because It has become human psychology to believe that they are perfect in every sense, that they are right ones and others are wrong. We are trained from childhood by family and society to feel superior and special and answer given on that site sounds analogous to that. NOM to any religion but I feel thats a flaw in the concept of religions, so is there any correct answer to that. Just like Universe has to have an origin, doesnt it makes sense that god also needs to have an origin.

Is there anything else that religions have to say on Origin of god himself?

this thread is still going on? goes to show its a never ending debate..

In my observation Religion and atheism has a very clear pattern...Rich people and those who never see any trouble or live in countries with well developed social security systems are less likely to turn towards God as they dont need it..
Poor people,people living in chaotic countries or those who have dilemmas,be it emotional,health or financial need a help line and turn reach out to God and usually get a response...

A drunk Russian under influence of Vodka once engaged me in God no God discussion and words of wisdom flowed out of his alcohol stinking mouth..
He said...may be we are like Bacteria...Too small to see the whole picture...Too smalll to see God who is too big for our vision...Same as Bacteria living on opour Body can see all the mechanisms,such as Blood flowing..and other little little things happening in our body...but cannot see the whole of us...May be same way we can see all the little mechanisms of the world...but cannot see the Big Picture,The God.

Last edited by a moderator:
So you such type of discussion? OK.

Don't run away, I said existence of God and religion harming us but when I said, "vehemently expressed how all these ills are solely the result of "divine intervention"?????

I have seen people putting wrong words on other's mouth but you can't just do it here because we can see who posted what.

Hehe.. sorry i was at work, just finished my evening shift.. Don't worry i don't run away from debates.. But this is a fruitless exercise.

You know everything, there is nothing we i can "share" with you.. Looks like you are a fountain of knowledge.. Well whatever floats your boat.

Im happy living in my beliefs... Just hope you can find yours. :)

Two interesting videos I was watching :D - Of course influenced by the Muslim community but there is nothing wrong in watching

First of all, your posts are making it obvious that you have 0 clue of what your talking about, you have not even basic knowledge of Islam and yet you have the audacity to comment about it. Secondly non of the Muslims countries (except Saudi Arabia to some extent) are Islamic and neither are they following Islam properly so how can you judge Islam based on a country? So its no use debating with you regarding Islam.

Can you just tell me what is wrong in what I said? Muhammad died in 632AD. Islam started spreading around that period. Why do you think I have no clue of what I am talking about? Please explain.

having a high life expectancy doesn't mean anything when a country has a a high suicide rate, and that too a developed, so called modern first world country.

That's your opinion. Rest of the world would not agree with you. In spite of the suicides, the South Korea's life expectancy is around 80yrs, Japan's is more than 82. If their life is so miserable, they wouldn't be living so long.

Two interesting videos I was watching :D - Of course influenced by the Muslim community but there is nothing wrong in watching

YouTube - Does god exist ?? Professor VS Student A Must Watch!!!

Has anyone seen Prof's brain, electrons, energy ?

No one can see Prof's brain but one can see it by X-ray scans, cant they?
No one has seen electrons but they were discovered experimentally only, its strings in string theory that haven't been found till now and thus their existence is under question till now.
No one has seen air but one can feel it or look at it through their electromagnetic spectrum, thats how we get to know whether planet X has atmosphere and which gases are predominant there.
No one has seen energy in every form but scientifically light is also energy.
No has seen their 10th grandfathers but if there were cameras at that time then one could have seen.

I wonder in coming times how will religions explain this:
Antimatter Atoms Trapped for First Time—"A Big Deal"
Antimatter Atoms Trapped for First Time?"A Big Deal"

To people who reject God on the basis of science and logic, please be aware that science and logic themselves are ultimately based on faith. According to Goedel's Incompleteness Theorem, no system of mathematics or logic can prove its own truth completely, and logic and mathematics are the twin pillars of science.

To people who reject God on the basis of science and logic, please be aware that science and logic themselves are ultimately based on faith.

Dont need to believe in God to have faith...

I can have confident belief or trust in a person or something other then God, religion. =P

Dont need to believe in God to have faith...

I can have confident belief or trust in a person or something other then God, religion. =P

Yup...for example "The flying Spaghetti monster" ?

Pirates Harr Harr..

On the serious note...No we don't need to Believe in God,and that the whole point..
We are supposed to "want to" believe in God..Only then "all is revealed".

EDIT: Jai-Hind can you please stop your "Serial thanking"? Its annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom