What's new

Do Pakistanis have romantic (unreal) view of Saudi Arabia?

i believe the romanticizing some countries and demonizing others comes from the same mindset - the innumerable conspiracy theories generated in the media that put the blame on every shortcoming on sources outside pakistan.

There is no system that pins responsibility or accountability on the state's departments or people in power. you are being sold dreams while your house is being looted by your own brethren. The only way to stop that - is to stop dreaming

i believe the romanticizing some countries and demonizing others comes from the same mindset - the innumerable conspiracy theories generated in the media that put the blame on every shortcoming on sources outside pakistan.

There is no system that pins responsibility or accountability on the state's departments or people in power. you are being sold dreams while your house is being looted by your own brethren. The only way to stop that - is to stop dreaming

And deal with reality? Heck no!

Well said.

Original post encourages to look at the facts

hopefully to negate the conspiracy theories

the philisophy behind making of pakistan is universal brotherhood among muslims, and its natural that they will consider turkey and saudi arabs as their brotherly nations.
secondly subcontinent muslims are taught since childhood to like arabic language, (its the most beautiful language), arabic dress, the best, arabic everything is good. That kind of creates positive feeling and even sometimes an yearning to be arab yourself.
It applies to bangladeshi muslims as much.

the philisophy behind making of pakistan is universal brotherhood among muslims, and its natural that they will consider turkey and saudi arabs as their brotherly nations.
secondly subcontinent muslims are taught since childhood to like arabic language, (its the most beautiful language), arabic dress, the best, arabic everything is good. That kind of creates positive feeling and even sometimes an yearning to be arab yourself.
It applies to bangladeshi muslims as much.

Philosophy behind Pakistan?

Wow. Now you are talking like Mullah Murdoodi of 1951 December.

I wish they kick out few thousands of your tribe, and than you may change your opinion. :pleasantry:

My hate is cause they have destroyed my country and killed 60.000 of my kind question is what would it take to end your lover affair with them and see the reality obviously 60.000 dead Pakistanis don't bother you for them as you wish more bad for Pakistan.

Saudi Arabia is a subservient ally of the Zionist Jews in Israel, and Zionist Jews HATE Muslims/Islam. having romantic feelings to a country like that is the same as having romantic feelings to a prostitute, while you may care about her she does not care about you. again look at Iraq and Syria two Arab countries the Saudis have helped destroy with their covert and overt funding of terrorists who commit suicide attacks and promote sectarian hatred.

Do Pakistanis have romantic (unreal) view of Saudi Arabia?

Please no trolling.

Just support or oppose the subject line. Thank you

Pakistanis comment on KSA based on very limited set of observations that deal primarily with prayer, mosque, shop, and street.

Why?

--- Most of the Pakistanis commenting on KSA may have lived there for 20 years, but in this time they had ZERO contact with local Saudi families in social settings. That means visiting each others' homes on regular basis, letting each others' kids play with each other, go to the same school, attending each other's weddings and birthdays.

--- Pakistani kids mostly go to international schools and thus have very little interaction with local Saudi kids, and their mum-dads

--- Even though many here claim to have lived in KSA, but they don’t know even the basic facts (see below)

And thus our views of KSA are very twisted, very romantic, and thus utterly wrong!
In majority of the cases off course.

So here are some basic basic facts

--- Saudi Arabian population will fit into just 2 Pakistani cities. That is just TWO large cities of Pakistan. That's all.

--- on the population of about 30 million, KSA budget allocation is about $250 billions a year
---------- compared to Pakistani spending of $40 billion on population of 200 million (1/6 the budget on 6 times the population)
---------- This is like my city Karachi spending $200 billion on just one city.

--- This tiny tiny population is spread in an area 2 million sq KM
--------- compared to Pakistan's 800,000 sq KM (We have 6 times the population in 1/3 area)

--- Compared to USA
--- --- KSA has 1/10 the population
------ KSA has 1/14 the budget
--- --- KSA has 1/5 the area

Misconceptions:

--- KSA is not a Monarchy modeled after systems that existed 100s of years ago
--- KSA system can be implemented in Pakistan with no issues
--- KSA can provide economic/social justice to its citizens that do not belong to majority faith / culture
--- KSA justice system does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, ethnicity, and sexual orientation.
--- KSA is a super power that Pakistan can rely on to counter another super power aka USA
--- KSA economic system is model for Pakistan
-------- Pakistanis do not know that KSA economic system is utterly dependent on stuff coming out of ground and NOT human development. KSA has at least 50-100 years to go before its earning from human capital become the dominant basis of its economy

So what are your views. Romantic? Or Realistic?

Peace

p.s. Saudi Islamism and Fiqh is moribund philosophy that is totally NOT applicable to a multi-ethnic multi-religious society.

Sorry to say.

I have seen with my own eyes, Shia mosques forcibly shuttered during Friday prayers (in Sunni majority areas).

They have zero citizens (for all practical purposes) who follow religion other than majority Wahahbi and minority Shia. No Chrisitan citizens to speak of, no Hindu citizens, no Jewish citizens of any number large enough to be counted in Saudi Islamism.
Pakistanis are least concerned about Saudi Government Pakistanis only love for Saudi Arabia is because of Makkah and Madinah and other places related to Islam and that is the only reason Saudi Government is given respect by Pakistanis

Pakistanis are least concerned about Saudi Government Pakistanis only love for Saudi Arabia is because of Makkah and Madinah and other places related to Islam and that is the only reason Saudi Government is given respect by Pakistanis

Or the main reason is tons of petrodollars Saudis toss into the enormous begging bowl hanging from Pakistan's neck? Were the Sheikhs as penniless as their miskeen brothers themselves are, there would be no "romantic view" of SA,

My hate is cause they have destroyed my country and killed 60.000 of my kind question is what would it take to end your lover affair with them and see the reality obviously 60.000 dead Pakistanis don't bother you for them as you wish more bad for Pakistan.

You are biased and clueless., and repeating same nonsense since you joined.
Issue in hand is bigger than your head.

You are biased and clueless., and repeating same nonsense since you joined.
Issue in hand is bigger than your head.
Why don't you counter his arguments with facts instead personal insults?

Since you are considered an "Elite Member" show us how elite your intelligence is, go ahead counter him point by point on what he said.

--- Most of the Pakistanis commenting on KSA may have lived there for 20 years, but in this time they had ZERO contact with local Saudi families in social settings. That means visiting each others' homes on regular basis, letting each others' kids play with each other, go to the same school, attending each other's weddings and birthdays.
--- Pakistani kids mostly go to international schools and thus have very little interaction with local Saudi kids, and their mum-dads

True

Even though many here claim to have lived in KSA, but they don’t know even the basic facts (see below)

Wrong . Those who have lived in KSA for many years may not be fluent in Arabic , May not have much interaction with Saudi families , may have gone to Pakistan Embassy schools , but assuming that they dont know basic facts about the country(not even as much as you know) is really a stupid assumption ;)

Last edited:
Thank you.

Wrong . Those who have lived in KSA for many years may not be fluent in Arabic , May not have much interaction with Saudi families , may have gone to Pakistan Embassy schools , but assuming that they dont know basic facts about the country(not even as much as you know) is really a stupid assumption ;)

Those sentences of mine were directed towards people like my plumber or some blind followers of Saudi inspired Sharia. These are the guys who openly say that Pakistan can use KSA as a hedge against the super power aka USA. Or worse, they say we must and quickly implement Saudi style Sharia in Pakistan.

I hope you are not one of them
in fact

I am sure you and some other respected members are not one like my plumber or the some blind followers of Saudi inspired Sharia

with due respects

Always!

Or the main reason is tons of petrodollars Saudis toss into the enormous begging bowl hanging from Pakistan's neck? Were the Sheikhs as penniless as their miskeen brothers themselves are, there would be no "romantic view" of SA,

There are no "tonnes" of petro dollars specific to Pakistan.

Sending labor and earning petro dollars is pretty common between India, Pakistan, S lanka, BDesh, Nepal, Egypt, Palestine, Sudan, and all such countries, majority of which do not hole romantic views about KSA

Those sentences of mine were directed towards people like my plumber or some blind followers of Saudi inspired Sharia.

Your Plumber surely wont have been a student of our Embassy schools !!:D

In reality , Saudi inspired Sharia is good for no one (including Saudis)

Back
Top Bottom