What's new

Do Pakistanis feel schadenfreude towards India's Minorities?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could be wrong. This is just my theory. Like most Psycho-babble theories, I am sure there is a lot of "hoo-haa" in it. I just thought it would be interesting if readers would look deep inside and come up with their own views on this theory. Does not have to be in absolutes of True/False, Yes/No only. Posters could also examine finer nuances like "Yes, but", "No, although", "Unlikely, but possible", "Improbable, but not impossible" etcetera.

Why would this generation of Pakistanis compare the status of Indian minorities of this generation at all?

The American colonies revolted against the English monarchy - today England itself has a democratic set up - Is their existence threatened?

Indians revolted against British as Indians were third class citizens in their own country, today's UK is one of the best nations in terms of equal rights... Why stop at Indian existence, lets give all India to the British.

Todays generation has its own issues, separate identity from India was the former generation's issue.

Our goals are different now - we are now seeking comfortable living, improving our laws, paying our bills. People who are truly happy with themselves will just not care. Indians are not improving the lives of their minorities to show Pakistan down either. Each are moving on with their own issues.

This question was for Pakistan Muslims and I have not read any Pakistani said that they feel happy after looking at any bad conditions of minorities especially Muslims in India but what I found amazing is how Indian Hindus making sweeping generalization about all Pakistani that they are not well wisher of Indian Muslims and others minorities. Who give them right to speak on our behalf

Hath kangan ko aarsi kya, Padhe likhe ko farsi kya. :D
So why no you go ahead and point out the connection i made in my post by higlighting it as u claim so.otherwise i'll teach u farsi if you want.:no:

i believe we have digressed from the original topic at hand . would some senior Pakistani members (not icewolf) give their thoughts .

This question was for Pakistan Muslims and I have not read any Pakistani said that they feel happy after looking at any bad conditions of minorities especially Muslims in India but what I found amazing is how Indian Hindus making sweeping generalization about all Pakistani that they are not well wisher of Indian Muslims and others minorities. Who give them right to speak on our behalf

It's not that you wish misfortune of Indian muslims, but you feel vindicated at mistreatment of Indian muslims at the hand of majority.

And then sometimes you try to show Indian Muslims in poor light to feel vindicated.

It's not that you wish misfortune of Indian muslims, but you feel vindicated at mistreatment of Indian muslims at the hand of majority.

And then sometimes you try to show Indian Muslims in poor light to feel vindicated.

What non sense is this ? You have no ability to read my feelings and don't speak on my behalf as for me there is no difference between Pakistani Muslim or Indian/ Bengali or African Muslims as I always place my nationality after my religion unlike your blind Indian nationalists who are quick to labell others as traitor because they say something against Mahaan incredible India . Can a Muslim in India say that his loyalty to Islam come before loyalty to land
as per their Islamic teachings ? I am sure if they dare to said what I just said, they will be labelled as traitor

What non sense is this ? You have no ability to read my feelings and don't speak on my behalf as for me there is no difference between Pakistani Muslim or Indian/ Bengali or African Muslims as I always place my nationality after my religion unlike your blind Indian nationalists who are quick to labell others as traitor because they say something against Mahaan incredible India . Can a Muslim in India say that his loyalty to Islam come before loyalty to land
as per their Islamic teachings ? I am sure if they dare to said what I just said, they will be labelled as traitor
What does it really mean to be loyal to islam before being loyal to your country?
Can you tell me a situation in which there will be a conflict and you will be forced to choose one of them?

Pakistanis point out the problems in India to put the uppity Indians in place when they come barging in on their high horse.

The rest of the OP is classic armchair psychobabble. It will (and did) get lots of thanks from Indians, but is not worthy of any serious response from Pakistanis.

Pakistanis point out the problems in India to put the uppity Indians in place when they come barging in on their high horse.

The rest of the OP is classic armchair psychobabble. It will (and did) get lots of thanks from Indians, but is not worthy of any serious response from Pakistanis.

The bold part explains your comment very aptly .

Not worthy of your response ?yet you responded and that too so emotionally .Looks like OP touched a raw nerve.

Who starts first ? Comes riding on a high horse ? That is a very debatable. It goes both ways mostly from what I have seen .

But one would at least expect a think tank to tackle the subject of the thread in a more tactful , academic way

The bold part explains your comment very aptly .

Not worthy of your response ?yet you responded and that too so emotionally .Looks like OP touched a raw nerve.

Who starts first ? Comes riding on a high horse ? That is a very debatable. It goes both ways mostly from what I have seen .

But one would at least expect a think tank to tackle the subject of the thread in a more tactful , academic way

I answered the entire long-winded OP in my first sentence; there was no need for further comment. There is a well-known scientific principle called Occam's Razor: when a simpler explanation is sufficient, there is no need for overly complicated analyses.

The Chinese, Sri Lankans and Bangladeshis also take the Indians to task on these matters. Should we go on an international psychological expedition in all these countries, or look for a common theme?

I was too kind to the post.

If I were a non Muslim in newly created Pakistan, this is how I would react to your statements.

I am not interested in what provisions are there in Islam. Should I care ? I want the country I live in to make provisions and treat me as an equal citizen irrespective of my religion irrespective of what is the interpretation of Islam.

State based on religion by definition is not equal to all. Why use provisions of Islam, why not use provisions of Bible?

If I were a Muslim in secular India this is how I would react to your statement pertaining equality - Let Azmi buy an apartment in Mumbai without any discrimination let schedule castes obtain equal rights and then make a remark on equality in a state based on a religion.. Anyway, lets not derail the topic.... Have your say on topic and not on PRINCIPLES of a state.

We are all arm chair analysts here, some have shiny badge to show off, but that doesn't make them any authority.

I don't think anyone would oblige us by sharing a piece of mind, that too wrapped in an one liner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom