What's new

Do Pakistanis feel schadenfreude towards India's Minorities?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Err.... does that mean that I can't admire you or Imam Bukhari on the premise that both of you are Pakistanis & therefore partake(merely by being) in the opinion against the Indian ideal of secularism & therefore the idea of India itself ?

If someone speaks against the creation of Republic of India and believes it was a mistake, then you could legitimately regard them as hostile to the Republic. Making a statement for or against secularism is not an attack on India itself, merely on an opinion on a particular state policy. Plenty of Indians debate the matter without bringing into question India's right to exist.

If someone speaks against the creation of Republic of India and believes it was a mistake, then you could legitimately regard them as hostile to the Republic. Making a statement for or against secularism is not an attack on India itself, merely on an opinion on a particular state policy. Plenty of Indians debate the matter without bringing into question India's right to exist.

Arguing against Indian secularism is part of the argument to shore up the basis of the 2NT(If India can be secular now, then could it not have been secular as a united country in 1947 etc..) That however is not my point, it is simply whether admiration can be limited merely on the fact that the other person holds views that one may disagree with. A good example would be that you find yourself aligned with the ranks of those hardliners who saw Jashwant Singh's slightly more favourable view of Jinnah as amounting almost to a treasonable act. Not the best place for you to be.

Arguing against Indian secularism is part of the argument to shore up the basis of the 2NT(If India can be secular now, then could it not have been secular as a united country in 1947 etc..) That however is not my point, it is simply whether admiration can be limited merely on the fact that the other person holds views that one may disagree with. A good example would be that you find yourself aligned with the ranks of those hardliners who saw Jashwant Singh's slightly more favourable view of Jinnah as amounting almost to a treasonable act. Not the best place for you to be.

I thought I was quite clear. Agreement or disagreement on policy issues is one thing; denying a country's legitimacy for existence is another matter entirely.

As for whatever happened in Jinnah's time, I have to say my history is not that strong, but it is also not relevant to me. My position is a principled one in that I believe every opportunity for internal reconciliation should be followed before resorting to the ultimate act of separation. Sometimes, that ultimate act is unavoidable and I will trust it on faith that Jinnah took that decision as a last resort. However, once taken, it is a done deal and there is no room for second guessing and 'Monday morning quarterbacking'.

Pakistan exists. Whether the decisions taken 60+ years back were right or wrong is irrelevant now and both sides would agree that it's time to move forward.

There is this wonderful option called "report post" - use it!

Jinxed_girl: see your inbox.

Now you already read that post of kumarkumar, that girlz in Pakistan r shot for wearing jeans? AND I WAS LIKE HUH? what r u talking about? Girlz in Lahore, Islamabad, Karachi etc wear jeans and I don't remember any girl being shot for that. Haan "chair khani" is a different story. I don't know where do these Indians dig such posts, just to make themselves feel good by comparing themselves with Pakistan.

Dear Miss/Mrs,
I am extremely sorry if I annoyed you by any of my sentence.Here come the source :-

Pakistani cop kills sister for wearing jeans - Times Of India

Few days back same news was on Dawn site too.

Well atleast I have a source for what I say I dont put here my personal opinions & blame your nation or your people for being smelly,ugly,etc and so on as You do.

In real life, no Indian ever had a courage to say anything to me on face. I completely ignore them in real life. For me it is really annoying and irritating, that the same people whom I ignore in real life, and don't like sitting next to, come here and insult us again and again. In a long run, it is not healthy for PDF, that it is attracting Indian members and repelling Pakistani members.

Indians mostly dont waste time in real life on some 'special' type of peoples.I agree with bold part, In real life I too avoid ignorant or deluded peoples.

Sorry You were getting annoyed by Indians & I was under impression that we are having a healthy talks & I was sharing & expecting some knowledgeable info (from you instead of your personal opinions & thoughts) which you failed to provide.

Believe me if u have ever worked with Indians in real life in USA (I am not sure about U.K.), especially where I live, you will get that instant "feel good" feeling. The first thought that comes to mind.. were these the people who were associated with us, 60 years ago? Thanks God, we r not part of them anymore.

There you go again, are you so significant that what you personally feels matters to world??? You can share your experiences with your private friends instead of displaying it on international forum.

Well I dont have complains with many pakistanis as I see them not too different from my indian friends but when I meet 'special' person like you from pakistan who are so closed minded & dumbheaded to learn truth than I too feel ....Thanks God, they r not part of us anymore.

And point noted, next time whatever you rant I will not answer your post not because I dont want to but because you are incapable of proving points you shout & chest thump about.

Fi-Amaan-Allah !!

Besides , since you consider i take you posts too seriously, can i have you consent then that most if not all your posts here were mere nonsense requiring no attention or seriousness?

For Bolded Part, She will say YES then NO then again YES then again NO.

This is the special quality of Jinxed_Girl she has unfailing ability of denying herself again & again here as I saw in last two days.

I thought I was quite clear. Agreement or disagreement on policy issues is one thing; denying a country's legitimacy for existence is another matter entirely.

No one is denying a country's legitimacy for existence at the present time here. Dr Najma Heptulla(grand niece of Maulana Azad btw) questioned the logic of the decision to create Pakistan on the basis of the 2NT. She does not question (nor do most Indians) Pakistan's right to exist now. How admiration for her or her grand uncle would qualify for being called a "traitor" to present day Pakistan is the question? Surely Pakistanis like Indians can question & analyse, coming to different conclusions, the events leading up to partition. How should it matter to someone looking forward what opinion people may hold about past decisions especially considering that the family of the gentleman in question did make a long leap of faith by coming to Pakistan, something that many original residents of the provinces that now make up Pakistan never had to.

No one is denying a country's legitimacy for existence at the present time here. Dr Najma Heptulla(grand niece of Maulana Azad btw) questioned the logic of the decision to create Pakistan on the basis of the 2NT. She does not question (nor do most Indians) Pakistan's right to exist now. How admiration for her or her grand uncle would qualify for being called a "traitor" to present day Pakistan is the question? Surely Pakistanis like Indians can question & analyse, coming to different conclusions, the events leading up to partition. How should it matter to someone looking forward what opinion people may hold about past decisions especially considering that the family of the gentleman in question did make a long leap of faith by coming to Pakistan, something that many original residents of the provinces that now make up Pakistan never had to.

You are doing sophisticated word play. The actual quote is here:

Is this not the liberal argument against the very creation of Pakistan? Isn't this what Dr. Najma Heptullah often says in her lectures. I think you may have found another soul-mate in Dr. Heptullah (BTW, I admire her a lot)--

To admire, i.e. agree with, someone who questions "the very creation of Pakistan" is a crystal clear statement. There is no ambiguity here.

I think there is where things are slightly misunderstood. Indian feeling of schadenfreude does not show up in the sorry state of Pakistan's minorities for whom there is nothing but sympathy and also for the reason that Indian identity is not based on religion. The feeling shows up when Pakistan as a state & Pakistani muslims(including Ahmedis) go through a rough patch. Unlike for Pakistan, minorities in your country do not negate Indian identity & therefore their suffering elicits no feeling of schadenfreude. The majority does & therefore their suffering does sometimes elicit that feeling.

You didn't quote my text properly, the paragraph you quoted contains bits & pieces from other paragraphs so I suggest you check that out. I really doubt all Indians feel sympathy for minorities in Pakistan. There must be those that take pride in the misery of our minorities. Similarly, there are Pakistanis that sympathize with the misery of minorities in other countries too. Respect, sympathy, & the overall concern for the well being of a people has nothing to do with religion. The majority & the minorities of Pakistan are referred to as "Pakistani", after that, they choose to identify with their ethnicities. Some people may identify with their religion & languages too. As I said earlier, none of the Pakistanis that I have ever met considered themselves Indians in any sense whatsoever.

One request,

TNT and other things of past right or wrong that have tested the strength of time and survive today are realities.These things may again change in the future but the idea of nationalism is pretty strong and solid and is how it ll remain.it doesn't matter what happened in 1947,no use discussing it anymore.

Today it is all about money.Think constructively and move on.

Thats all.

You didn't quote my text properly, the paragraph you quoted contains bits & pieces from other paragraphs so I suggest you check that out. I really doubt all Indians feel sympathy for minorities in Pakistan. There must be those that take pride in the misery of our minorities. Similarly, there are Pakistanis that sympathize with the misery of minorities in other countries too. Respect, sympathy, & the overall concern for the well being of a people has nothing to do with religion. The majority & the minorities of Pakistan are referred to as "Pakistani", after that, they choose to identify with their ethnicities. Some people may identify with their religion & languages too. As I said earlier, none of the Pakistanis that I have ever met considered themselves Indians in any sense whatsoever.

How many Pakistanis have you personally met? 50? 100? 500? 1000?

The population count from the latest 2011 census is 192 Million, tracking a 2.85% Cumulative Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) from the last census in 1998.

Population shoots up by 47 percent since 1998

Surge in population growth alarming

i wonder if india's minorities feel schadenfreude towards Pakistan's majority.

i wonder if india's minorities feel schadenfreude towards Pakistan's majority.

I don't know much about India's general minorities, but I can say with a great deal of certainty that India's Shia minority is right now thanking God for the safety that India's system is providing them.

To be Shia in Pakistan today is to be the target of vilification, exclusion, hate and violence.

Lashkar-e-Jhangvi publishes beheading Shiakilling Video +18 - YouTube

Lashkar-e-Jhangvi (LeJ) published a gruesome video on jihadist internet forums that shows the beheading of Shiites.

How many Pakistanis have you personally met? 50? 100? 500? 1000?

The population count from the latest 2011 census is 192 Million, tracking a 2.85% Cumulative Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) from the last census in 1998.

Population shoots up by 47 percent since 1998

Surge in population growth alarming

How are people supposed to count the number of individuals they have met? :what: Do you happen to record & classify by nationality every person you come across? :blink:

By the way, aren't you the member that keeps getting banned, & then rejoins the forum with a different username?

......................... :what: .................. :blink: ................By the way, aren't you the member that keeps getting banned, & then rejoins the forum with a different username?

Which member would that be? About whom do you speak? Would you mind being a little bit more specific?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom