What's new

DNA: Analysis of two newly-developed indigenous weapons by DRDO

fsayed

Reaction score
Country
India
:smitten: @proud_indian @Roybot @jbgt90 @Sergi @Water Car Engineer @dadeechi @kurup @Rain Man @kaykay @Abingdonboy @SR-91 @nang2 @Stephen Cohen @anant_s

@jbgt90 @ranjeet @4GTejasBVR @The_Showstopper @guest11 @PARIKRAMA

@GURU DUTT @HariPrasad @JanjaWeed @litefire @AMCA @SrNair
@Nilgiri
@Guynextdoor2 @DesiGuy1403
@nair

Wow awesome news varunastra variant for submarines is in final leg of trial as per DRDO Chief trial will be completed in 1month of time

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::victory::victory::victory::cheers::cheers::smitten:
Yaaaaahooooooooo chahe koi mujhe junglee kahe yaaaaahooooooooo

We def need chief of defense staff to admonish/put on a leash these firangi maal loving Army and Air-force.
I think there must be a financial rewarding system for inducting indigenous systems.

I am really impressed by the way navy in giving user feedback to DRDO and working with them patiently. Navy is the only service pushing for NLCA with focus on NLCA-MKII

We def need chief of defense staff to admonish/put on a leash these firangi maal loving Army and Air-force.
I think there must be a financial rewarding system for inducting indigenous systems.

I am really impressed by the way navy in giving user feedback to DRDO and working with them patiently. Navy is the only service pushing for NLCA with focus on NLCA-MKII
Absolutely right my bro . Army and airforce need to taught a lesson of MII

How do we compare the performance of our weapons and systems from the foreign made ones?
Specifically the comparisons must be on

1) Effectiveness (does it do the job, CEP, probability of kill)
2) Robustness (various usage conditions, counter measures, stupidity of users etc...)
3) Usability (ease of use, time taken to deploy)
4) Scale (how many can be made and carried, range, burst mode)
5) Cost (Rs)

Would be nice if someone already has done the hardwork :angel:

How do we compare the performance of our weapons and systems from the foreign made ones?
Specifically the comparisons must be on

1) Effectiveness (does it do the job, CEP, probability of kill)
2) Robustness (various usage conditions, counter measures, stupidity of users etc...)
3) Usability (ease of use, time taken to deploy)
4) Scale (how many can be made and carried, range, burst mode)
5) Cost (Rs)

Would be nice if someone already has done the hardwork :angel:

How do we compare?

With numbers? :P

DRDO Chief Dr S Christopher speaking to media said that submarine-launched variant of Varunastra heavyweight torpedoes dubbed “Takshak” could be a reality soon and will begin preliminary developmental trials if it clears tests in next coming months.

Chief also confirmed that Indian Navy’s Russian Kilo class Diesel Submarine has been sought to begin its developmental trials and are positive that Navy will respond positively to their request .

Takshak HWTs is a submarine-launched variant of Varunastra HWTs with wire guidance .Takshak uses wire as a medium of communication between the torpedo and the firing submarine . If the wire breaks before it hits its target then Takshak becomes an autonomous torpedo like its Varunastra ship-launched variant which can travel up to a distance of 40 km for taking out submarines and can operate up to a depth of 400 m.

Takshak HWT programme is key and significant torpedo programme which will be the main armament of many indigenously to be developed Nuclear Ballistic missile submarines and Nuclear attack submarines in future .

Full article

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom