What's new

DMRC to help build Dhaka Metro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only few days ago Indians were crying for the technology of MRLS

Go check Pinaka MBRL & Prahaar missile.Smerch comes in between.You conveniently forgot our ICBMs?

asking Russian to help testing their jet engine in high altitude.

So? Not everyone need to have a testbed.And again,you conveniently forgot that Russian testbed was used for testing only.

The misery of Bangladeshis make me sad.

Same here.Poor chaps.

Since you are a good poster, I will say this. Stay away from this thread. Some Bangladeshi's had the arrogance to mock India's developmental efforts. Some of us (Indians) had fragile egos. Its been a downhill thread since then.

Bangladesh is progressing fast, we know it, we are happy for you. We hope you become better and better. :tup:

We all love our respective nations, if we feel your attacking us we react its natural. I am happy to see india grow and develop, it's good for the region and globally. But please don't mock us.....we have egos too.

We all love our respective nations, if we feel your attacking us we react its natural. I am happy to see india grow and develop, it's good for the region and globally. But please don't mock us.....we have egos too.

Sorry to hurt you my friend,but I didn't start this.Someone dug up a 8 month old thread just to bash India.

OK.

Share of these sectors in economy,exports?

The pharma sector is quite big but still in its early stages.

Over 80% of the local market is held by local producers like Beximco, Square, Incepta, ICA...and dozens of smaller setups. We import under 20% mainly from europe, usa, india, china and other asean countries. We also export to other african, south american and european nations but exports are relatively small, FDA, eruropean etc rules are very stringent (as it should be) and only the larger groups have been given permission to export.

The first aim was to replace imports of key drugs with generic drugs, then start targeting the export markets, then finally to build our RnD setup. We have achieved stage 1 and are starting stage 2, it will be a while before the sector reaches anywhere near the results of the garments industry. Mind you pharma is one many areas we are focusing on.

1. Garments empower and employ millions mainly women, it still has decades of growth both scale and valued added element. We aim to overtake China soon as the number 1 exporter, and double exports from $22bn to near $40bn.
2. Leather goods including shoes, etc is the next growth area, remember that's an export market worth over $200bn and China is the world leader, we want to attract those manufacturers to our EPZs and achieve the same as we have done in garments.
3. We want to go massive in the shipbuilding sector for ships in the 2000-10000DWT range, remember a lot people from Bangladesh have worked in the South Korean shipbuilding industry and are transfer their skills and knowledge to setup local builders.
4. We have setup various EPZs around the country to encourage foreign companies to make / assemble white goods and industrial plants for export, we are one of the largest exporters of bicycles, key centre for photographic lens assembly etc.
5. Build auto industry and parts, this is just starting with Walton, runners etc major manufacturer of two wheelers and export to a number of countrie in the Middle East, Africa etc.
6. Finally there is the push to build a knowledge based industry, banking and finance, ICT, horticulture, etc

The only way we are going pull our people out of poverty, is through exports and hard work, just like Korea, Taiwan, China and others have. We can't wait for others to help us....it's only been a decade or so...like a boxer...we were on the canvase...now we are starting to getup on our feet...we are learning to fight.

Sometime greed is good, it encourages people to try harder, and I have noticed the young generation in Bangladesh getting real hungry.

@damiendehorn

thanks.but I meant percentages.

Very hard to say, but I doubt it's more the 5-6% of total GDP, no one has done a detailed research of all the producers and a sectoral breakdown in 2014 to my knowledge. Still the country has 160 million people, with a fast expanding middle class, who use to prefer "imported" drugs, but now buy local.

Smart? I doubt your IQ has reached the one in your avatar.

You can at least be sure that your IQ hasn't reach that level, post some credible links or just stop blabbering. You can take some lessons from me instead, unlike you I didn't start foaming in mouth, I just gave you links from World Bank and CIA Fact book. Don't reply if you do not have anything credible to add.

Most of the West Bengali comes here to find a justification of their decision of parting with india or leaving behind East Bengal. Anything better than India (in Bangladesh) make them sad.

West Bengalis were always Indians, we don't need any justification to remain Indian. However, Bangladeshis might be searching for justification of parting with India, and many Bangladeshis in PDF are also seen searching for justification of parting with Pakistan. :) Many Bangladeshis here were seen lamenting the existence of their country, you must be knowing them. :)

However, leaving behind East Bengal was matter of life & death for most, you must be knowing that also. :)

Finally, we are yet to find anything that is better than India (in Bangladesh), if we find anything, we will be happy for you guys.

We didn't start it, check the thread from the beginning.

You can at least be sure that your IQ hasn't reach that level, post some credible links or just stop blabbering. You can take some lessons from me instead, unlike you I didn't start foaming in mouth, I just gave you links from World Bank and CIA Fact book. Don't reply if you do not have anything credible to add.

West Bengalis were always Indians, we don't need any justification to remain Indian. However, Bangladeshis might be searching for justification of parting with India, and many Bangladeshis in PDF are also seen searching for justification of parting with Pakistan. :) Many Bangladeshis here were seen lamenting the existence of their country, you must be knowing them. :)

However, leaving behind East Bengal was matter of life & death for most, you must be knowing that also. :)

Finally, we are yet to find anything that is better than India (in Bangladesh), if we find anything, we will be happy for you guys.

We didn't start it, check the thread from the beginning.
All your smiley face indicates you are lying

The thing that derailed this thread is posters who were posting OT posts.

The Point I was trying to make (which was quickly derailed by several posters, mostly Indian, and became a cluster-f*ck of sorts) was how Indian Urban Rapid Transit technology was not even matured enough for their own use given how little time they have had developing it and definitely not matured enough for export to a first-time MRTS buyer like Bangladesh.

In fact the Mumbai Metro which was recently commissioned validated my point in getting Chinese rolling stock through Reliance Infrastructures which is a private sector initiative that built Mumbai Metro.

There were several Multi-Billion dollar projects that were built and are being mooted in Bangladesh and none of these projects had Indian involvement.

The huge JMB project had SAMWHAN HYUNDAI as the contractor and smaller projects have Chinese contractors. Indians either don't have expertise or aren't competitive enough.

Plus BEML is one of the largest defense product manufacturers in India. I don't think the Bangladesh Govt. should support an organization with its taxpayer money which,

a. Is a competitor to Bangladeshi defense products and,
b. Manufactures products that can be used against Bangladeshi soldiers or civilians during any future conflict (if that ever occurs).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom