What's new

DMRC to help build Dhaka Metro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jamati Delusions again.Only this garments industry is there in Bangladesh,other sectors are weak.Shipbuilding ? Make a ship displacing more than 10,000 DWT before commenting!

Engineering ? What ? Heavy engineering ? Develop a two stroke engine first.

That is why I said that garment sector will propel economy for another 10 years while the other sectors develop.:crazy:

Plenty of time to turn each one of them into multi-billion dollar export earners by then.

With engineering, I was talking about light engineering like Walton BD.

Cherry pick the nice new modern railway features while ignoring the ground reality, let's take a look..

If you mean the lowest spectra of IR services as ground reality,here is it for you.

Here is the WAP 4 loco which is used to haul many IR services.

4836.1105551840.jpg

And it is being replaced by this 6000HP locomotive which can haul a 24 coach train at 140 kmph (it has reached speeds upto 180 kmph in tests)

WAP7-GMO-30201.jpg

Diesel locos - WDM 3D

pramathsb-1304276726192.jpg

WDP 4B

maxresdefault.jpg

Now for the coaches,Newer coaches are being manufactured on LHB bogies (even for cheapest second class coaches).

8138054690_87989d847a_b.jpg

Slow 'Passenger train' services are being replaced by DEMUs/MEMUs.Here is a DMU

1a4.jpg

And its only getting bettter.

That is why I said that garment sector will propel economy for another 10 years while the other sectors develop.:crazy:

Plenty of time to turn each one of them into multi-billion dollar export earners by then.

With engineering, I was talking about light engineering like Walton BD.

See all of these all very small,when compared to your chief industry-RMG

Last edited:
Either stop lying or go back to school to learn basic maths.

2014 India per capita GDP: $1584 (cal at 2010 base rate)
2014 Bangladesh per capita: $1180 (cal at 2005 base rate, if cal at 2010 like indias then GDP per cap would be above $1300)

Current Indian GDP only exceeds Bangladesh GDP by 34%, plus Bangladesh has about 2% higher growth then india.

He is talking about the GDP per capita (PPP).
List of countries by GDP (PPP) per capita - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And besides, the living standards in India in general are higher than in BD, even with the abysmal BIMARU states...

And the current economic slowdown is just temporary, in fact it is picking up again.

And the amount of money which is poured into the economy is beyond your league anyways. India has one of the most ambitious infrastructure project in Asia, so you should be happy if we can help you

you have poor knowledge of economy. It will take more than 5 decades to cover that 34%.

India:
GDP
$1.87 trillion (nominal: 10th; 2013)[3]

$5.07 trillion (PPP: 3rd; 2013)[3]

GDP growth
11px-Increase2.svg.png
4.7% (2013)

Bangladesh:
GDP
$173.8 billion ((nominal) 37th; 2014 est.)[1]

$419.2 billion ((PPP) 36th; 2012-2013 est.)[2] BD poverty rate set to drop as economy crosses $400b mark | FIRST PAGE | Financial Express :: Financial Newspaper of Bangladesh
GDP growth 6.1% (2013-14 est.)

5 decades! Are you serious? Alright professor show me you calculations.
Bangladesh has moved on from your prehistoric views, we are more focused on growth, we are looking at emulating South Korea, as a model. We don't have natural resources such as oil, mineral etc and we have to follow a growth model based on exports and utilising the abundance of labour we have.

Points to take:

1. In just a few decades we have built a garments industry that is second behind China, which will continue to grow at double digit rates for the next 10-15 years, counting for $22bn of $400bn world wide market. Our aim is to attract industries from China and replacing them as the largest exporter.
2. We have now focused on taking a big chunk of the $200bn leather goods market, with the aim to being the largest exporter by 2030.
3. We are also looking at developing a ship building industry, we export ships to Africa (Tanzania, Mozambique etc), Europe (holland, Germany etc).
4. We have focused on attracting Korean, Chinese and others to various EPZs around the country, that make and export white goods, light industrial goods etc.
5. Next target is to build our knowledge based sector, pharma, banking and services, ICT etc.

There is huge development happening in the last decade, we sat on our lorrals before and depended on aid. Now all that has changed, it's all about commerce and international aid is a small fraction of our income.

Indians need to remove their blinkers, it not the seventies.

5 decades! Are you serious? Alright professor show me you calculations.
Bangladesh has moved on from your prehistoric views, we are more focused on growth, we are looking at emulating South Korea, as a model. We don't have natural resources such as oil, mineral etc and we have to follow a growth model based on exports and utilising the abundance of labour we have.

Points to take:

1. In just a few decades we have built a garments industry that is second behind China, which will continue to grow at double digit rates for the next 10-15 years, counting for $22bn of $400bn world wide market. Our aim is to attract industries from China and replacing them as the largest exporter.
2. We have now focused on taking a big chunk of the $200bn leather goods market, with the aim to being the largest exporter by 2030.
3. We are also looking at developing a ship building industry, we export ships to Africa (Tanzania, Mozambique etc), Europe (holland, Germany etc).
4. We have focused on attracting Korean, Chinese and others to various EPZs around the country, that make and export white goods, light industrial goods etc.
5. Next target is to build our knowledge based sector, pharma, banking and services, ICT etc.

There is huge development happening in the last decade, we sat on our lorrals before and depended on aid. Now all that has changed, it's all about commerce and international aid is a small fraction of our income.

Indians need to remove their blinkers, it not the seventies.

still it will take you a lot of time to hit 1 trillion mark. Because you don't only earn you spend also. This thread is about metro.

wowwwwwwww yaar, kashmere gate hai kya?? They had closed it down for renovation some time back, didnt know it was going to be this good, have to check ot out next time i take a bus to doon :cheesy:

ya man complete makeover,,,if anyone had seen the old one he would react the same way like u did........lol

even i was like that when i saw the new building,,,damn the old one was a khandar:rofl::rofl::rofl:

He is talking about the GDP per capita (PPP).
List of countries by GDP (PPP) per capita - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And besides, the living standards in India in general are higher than in BD, even with the abysmal BIMARU states...

And the current economic slowdown is just temporary, in fact it is picking up again.
And the amount of money which is poured into the economy is beyond your league anyways. India has one of the most ambitious infrastructure project in Asia, so you should be happy if we can help you

Then stop lying! Indian GDP per capita is not that far of from ours. Please DMRC is just a company peddling their services like all the others, there nothing special, it's commercial tendering. If need be we can get the same from a dozen other.

Oh and those Wikipedia figures are completely wrong, the int institutes take BB figures that are based on 1995 base rate, totally out of date figures BB has rebased their cal to 2005.

Very small one,building ships below 10,000DWT

. Next target is to build our knowledge based sector, pharma, banking and services, ICT etc.

You haven't even started yet.

ya man complete makeover,,,if anyone had seen the old one he would react the same way like u did........lol

even i was like that when i saw the new building,,,damn the old one was a khandar:rofl::rofl::rofl:

The new station is really kick ***
When I first saw it I was like
BhenC£@d (in a good way) gazzab kardiya

Then stop lying! Indian GDP per capita is not that far of from ours. Please DMRC is just a company peddling their services like all the others, there nothing special, it's commercial tendering. If need be we can get the same from a dozen other.

Oh and those Wikipedia figures are completely wrong, the int institutes take BB figures that are based on 1995 base rate, totally out of date figures BB has rebased their cal to 2005.

This is the difference! We can produce it for others Bangladesh cannot.

You haven't even started yet.

Ofcourse not... We need at least 20 more years before we can come close to the social structure of China as of today. Then we can only think of gradual moving towards knowledge based society (by the 2nd half of this century) like western Europe. By the way, making web pages or answering phones are not knowledge based society (just to make sure and stop you getting into wet dreams).

This is the difference! We can produce it for others Bangladesh cannot.

Dude, the project is at its early planning stage. It's years away before DMRC is even confirmed to be part of the consortium that will provide any services. So what, we only started to really focus on our economy in the last few decades.

We achieved our independence only in 71, and before that all dev was done in west pakistan and resources were used to build their industry and defence (one of the main if not the main reason we split) very little happened in East Pakistan.

Then in the 70s we were recovering from the war, the 80s and early 90s was a tumultuous period of coups and short term governments and terrible floods cyclones etc.

We really began to get on our feet from the beginning of the millennium, we don't have any natural resources, but we have hard working people and a dynamic young generation. The next few decades will be ours....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom