What's new

Dispatch of 10K Troops to KSA "under discussion": Sartaj Aziz

SBD-3

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Sorry for opening a new thread for this. But because the old thread by @tamim was closed, so i had to open a new one for this
1102102060-1.gif

Though Sartaj Aziz denied the rumors that a decision has been reached, He did note that the matter is "in discussion".

I think this has to do with Iran supporting rebels in Yemen , close to the Saudi border ... that’s why the Saudi defence minister was here
As things stand today our army is stretched to its limit with its deployment to the east and west so it will be hard to come up with the numbers.
But at the same time , Pakistan will never ignore a security threat to Saudi Arabia , that’s almost a given

Last edited:
Again fighting someone else war? :tsk:
There is already a give and take.....Pakistan gets to sell KSA AK Tanks and JF-17s in return. Plus a good number of soldiers are already deployed in KSA on deputations. I met one PAF/ISI guy recently who had just returned from Riyadh after 3 year of deputation with their Ministry of interior as a military trainer.

again putting your leg where it does not belong .:tsk:

Why so in an open forum sire?

Is this question illegitimate, or me asking this?

There is already a give and take.....Pakistan gets to sell KSA AK Tanks and JF-17s in return. Plus a good number of soldiers are already deployed in KSA on deputations. I met one PAF/ISI guy recently who had just returned from Riyadh after 3 year of deputation with their Ministry of interior as a military trainer.

Brother, did your army men took oath to sacrifice their life to get few tanks and fighters getting sold? I dont think your people and family of those army men would like there son die in line of duty for KSA. There is a difference between paid security agency and a national army, army men took pride when they offer life not money.

Brother, did your army men took oath to sacrifice their life to get few tanks and fighters getting sold? I dont think your people and family of those army men would like there son die in line of duty for KSA. There is a difference between paid security agency and a national army, army men took pride when they offer life not money.
All of them most likely be deployed on rotatory deputation and mostly in reserved roles. You're getting emotionally overblown here........Just like PA contributes to UN Peace Missions (which are more active war-zones than KSA)

i do not understand why KSA needs pak army ? does not its army trained or have gut ?
The availability of human resource. For example, Wikipedia notes that around 8.2 Million people were available for military service, while only around 4.7 Million were considered fit for the service. And from these only 233K enlisted in military. Thats why they always need assistance with their military operations because of headwinds of domestic resources.

All of them most likely be deployed on rotatory deputation and mostly in reserved roles. You're getting emotionally overblown here........Just like PA contributes to UN Peace Missions (which are more active war-zones than KSA)

Not sure if I am over blown but I am just imagining what would be my reaction if I lost some dear one fighting for some XYZ country just because DRDO wants to sell Tejas.

Contributing to UN peace mission atleast got some noble thoughts attached to it.

Not sure if I am over blown but I am just imagining what would be my reaction if I lost some dear one fighting for some XYZ country just because DRDO wants to sell Tejas.

Contributing to UN peace mission atleast got some noble thoughts attached to it.
All of them most likely be deployed on rotatory deputation and mostly in reserved roles.
Let me give you an example, US has been there for long after operation desert storm but never saw any active duty.....

In essence you are right but British troops never took oath to jump in fire on the call of Uncle Sam but thats what UK has been doing for decades loosing thousands in "friendly" fire and hostile fire.

NOW NOW NOW

dont get upset and read what assassinations caused the first great war? why everyone jumped in resulting in millions of deaths?

just Like American and Israel have special relationship we have one with Saudis too and yes if it comes to sacrificing our lives for the Kingdom we will do it. its about our roots of religion as well.

@Yzd Khalifa please enlighten our cynical Indian friend about our contribution in border wars with Yemen.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom