What's new

Discuss PAK-IND air wars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry about you loosing your work....

Sure i will but remember do consider my latest replies to your post before picking up something old and then saying "Comprehend what i am saying"...

I will get back to you...Also i have used SIPRI(as suggested by you to be probably the most accurate) to see what all India and Pak ordered from 1950-1970....So either that source is providing wrong information and thus not credible or some of your assertions are wrong...i will highlight them later...for now lets enjoy the Friday evening and the long weekend...:cheers:

What ever SIPRI got is accurate enough but they dont have all 100% military arms transfers data.

Deckingraj watch this video.

RAF replaced "REPLACED" its F-86F fleet with "Hawker HUNTERS".

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the Rawalpindi info on an IAF Canberra shot down in April, 1965.

Are you referring to my previous post? If yes then i wanted to inform you that the canberra was shot down in april of 1959 and not 1965. This has been further explained in Patriot's post. I don't remember any canberra shot down in april of 1965 (from what i have read).

Regards

Sure i would love to see it...

not my cup of tea...i would be more than happy to say "I stand Corrected"...However this is about talking with respect..Anyways seems like not your cup of tea...
So now you have the capability to judge others from their font size.
Just wondering if i laugh or hit my head with a wall...I cannot explain you discussions about pervious posts all the time...I very well know when the war's happened..lack of military knowledge does not mean i am blind/dumb..... When i say 1967 then i am refering to PAF records about F-104's...Last aircraft lost due to accident was in 1967 which brought the total to 8 before 71 started...Am i clear now???
Whatever makes you tick, but let me rephrase it for you one more time that PAF went to war with 7 F-104s.

PAF had 8 before the war...and PAF accepted only 2 were lost in war...Are you saying 3??? Anyways i have shows you neutral links claiming atleast 4 were lost to enemy fire.....
PAF had 7 before the war...and PAF accepted 3 were lost in war....
I always maintained 3 !!! 2 in dogfights and one to ground fire, also stated in the article.
Seriously bringing you two on same page should not be my job...
That is entirely your choice, making it more confusing.
Yup...I quoted 71 instead of 70..You are right...but that's not the point...Sep 70 or Sep 71 doesn't make a difference...Your/Growler theory about spare parts and small numbers is wrong/not complete...because clearly you had spare parts available but you refused to take them....Why are you not answering this part??? Look at my post and answer my questions...I stand corrected on date however 70 instead of 71 makes my claim even more stronger...
Seems you are missing 90 Minutes again, PAF was under US sanctions from 1965, albeit some equipment was offered in 1970, as a one time option, the availability of spare parts is bull crap since the sanctions were firmly in place, hence how do you claim your stand.

Do you know the number of F-86 and F-6 you had??? How can you retire them in One year...I am sure you very well know about the stop gap measure...Let me repeat not for a second i said that you retire F-104's solely because of Mig...However with introduction of Mig-21 your fighters lost their edge against IAF and had to be eventually replaced...With small number and problems with spare F-104 was the first one to retire...Even though spares were available yet this fighter had lost its charm because PAF very well knew its vulnerability against Mig-21(the interceptor)... Is this good enough or you still disagree???
There were many drawbacks in the F-104s in PAF service like it didn't have any ground attack capability with bombs and rockets and the dual seaters even had their guns removed, and spent most of it's service in PAF under sanctions, any ways let's leave it at that.
P.S : I have been very accomodating because my intention is to learn here...I can very easily rebuke your newspaper cuttings from Pakistan sources giving Pakistan POV that decision to replace F-104 was taken before 71 war because the cutting you have shared in written post war and many facts are twisted to unnecessary glorify...However i don't want to take cheap shots... So hoping you will atleast agree to above mentioned theory....
A healthy debate can always enhance knowledge amongst the parties however one should also keep in vision the source of the articles, claims or disclosures. The articles i posted weren't picked out of thin air, rather it's authentic narratives dating back to 1966 and i don't recall posting any news paper clips. :cheers:

Hahaha...Now since i have backed my claims with Independent/Neutral authors you need picture proofs...Sorry my friend i think i have done my job...These sources are reputed, neutral and have no reason to be biased....I claimed something and have showed you independent authors claiming the same...If you can, prove them wrong...On a contrary why don't you put pictures of 10 Jordan Fighters being given back to Jordan and proove me wrong???
It's not quite simple as that, none of these so called neutral sources were on the battlefield, it's a well known fact of history that the superb performance display by PAF was overshadowed by the events in East Pakistan and albeit all the claims and allegations are made regarding the Jordanian F-104s or the number of Mirages in inventory but sadly it's ones word against the other.

LINKAMONGST the numbers of post-World War 2 RAF fighter aircraft there have been few that have captured the imagination quite like the Hawker Hunter. Its sleek outline, multiplicity of purpose and contribution to the British war material export market has not been exceeded apart from, perhaps the Gloster Meteor which it followed into front line service. As a second generation full scale production fighter it filled the need for a heavily armed, near supersonic, interceptor during the period in which the Cold War between the Western Allies and the Soviet Union reached its climax.

VS

North American F-86 Sabre - United States, first generation jet fighters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom