What's new

Discover the cultural and culinary customs of the blessed and beautiful Hijaz

such a racist thread !! yummmmm.... :P

Racist?:o:o_O Or have I misunderstood something? Probably I guess.

اليغمش <-- that's what I was talking about!

Btw, u forgot to add Al-baik in it..it's not traditional Arabic dish but STILL it can be consider as one . :agree:

I normally dislike fast foods but Al-Baik is a exception. Really something and unlike any other fast food.

You are welcome.:cheesy:

A few photos of more Hijazi cuisine:

13yfkgh.jpg

Hijazi pizza:

2cdimxf.jpg

sqiao6.jpg

2dgunus.jpg

A thing that I have not yet covered is the amazing seafood which Hijaz is also famous for. Especially cities such as Jeddah, Yanbu etc.

Some of the food kinda resembles ours... anyways.. only the kebabs etc look nice.. :D

No one can deny Al-Baik's magic, I have seen people parking their cars across the street and crossing roads and what not ONLY to buy Al-Baik.. :ph34r:

They should open a franchise of Al-Baik in Pakistan, it would be 'heaven' for me : P

Everything looks and tastes wonderfully.:coffee: Hijazi cuisine is really something. A very diverse cuisine.

Hijazi version of Kabsa:

xftf7a.jpg

Hijazi meze (similar to the nearby Levantine)

154alib.jpg

2ed11ye.jpg

29fzgp1.jpg

Falafel:

2z4ml9l.jpg

Shawarma:

29msrab.jpg

2rrksh0.jpg

Local fruits and vegetables:

2e4x8p4.jpg

The seafood and all the Hijazi fish dishes can wait for tomorrow. Not in the mood for fish, LOL, unless of course @Arabian Legend will cover it.

Last edited:
Racist?:o:o_O Or have I misunderstood something? Probably I guess.

I normally dislike fast foods but Al-Baik is a exception. Really something and unlike any other fast food.

You are welcome.:cheesy:

A few photos of more Hijazi cuisine:

13yfkgh.jpg

Hijazi pizza:

2cdimxf.jpg

sqiao6.jpg

2dgunus.jpg

A thing that I have not yet covered is the amazing seafood which Hijaz is also famous for. Especially cities such as Jeddah, Yanbu etc.

It was light hearted comment brother :)

Some other Hijazi dishes that I can think about right now aside from those that have been mentioned by me already in this thread.

السليق
المعصوب
العريكة
المطبق
الحنيذ
المدفون
الهريسة
الفول
الفرموزة
العيش باللحم
الكباب البلدي
شربة العدس
شربة الحب
المنتو
الفتة
اليغمش
العصيدة
المبشور
الدبيازة
الألماسية
الجبنية
اللبنية
اللدو
المعمول
لقيمات
:enjoy:

@Imran Khan are you familiar with some of those traditional Hijazi dishes or is Al-Baik more famous for you?:D I ask because you have lived in KSA for quite some time if I remember correctly.

You should really try some of the dishes.

You must especially try this dish because it is funny to make.

المدفون

Watch until the end!

Last edited:
@Imran Khan are you familiar with some of those traditional Hijazi dishes or is Al-Baik more famous for you?:D I ask because you have lived in KSA for quite some time if I remember correctly.

You should really try some of the dishes.
yes most of them are in my weekly food such as kabsa -humus -shawarma -shan shawarma -sahan arbi- filafil - kunafa - kibda - matabaak - saleek -fool -basboosa -kabaab but spicy like pakistani - ousaal peaces sometime - mandi - mazghoot - mantoo yaghmash i eat in madinah not recent - madfoon or bil furn i eat sometime and much more which i didn't remember now

المدفون

Watch until the end!

bro there is no such thing real madfoon or many other foods we are eating from resturants in center of cities and its all artifical 100% even chiken from brazil and meat from god knows where . still we pakistanis are fimiler with these foods as soon as we arrive . you may don't know but we eat hot breads in pakistan . here is a joke in saudi we said the person whom can eat khubuz he can live in saudi because nothing worse then eating cold khubuz from bakala :D still i am so happy with food in gulf over all as i travel most of the time and found good foods in all over gulf :partay:

@Imran Khan this is why you need to get invited by local Hijazis who can show you local dishes that you have never seen before and how to prepare them.:D

Whether in Yanbu (the famous fish dishes there), Jeddah, Makkah, Madinah, Ta'if etc.

KSA is not a so-called Gulf country or Khaleeji. Only Kuwait, Bahrain, Qatar and UAE is that but they all differ from each other.;) Only Khaleeji part of KSA is the coastal areas of the Eastern Province and that's where most of the Shia population live. They also have very good fish dishes btw.:lol:

Lastly, although not the thread, but you really need to taste the cuisine of the southern provinces of KSA and most importantly Yemeni cuisine. I think that you would love it since Yemeni cuisine is the most spicy Arab cuisine and very excellent.

Please feel free to discover this thread and all the dishes I and others have posted.;)

@Imran Khan this is why you need to get invited by local Hijazis who can show you local dishes that you have never seen before and how to prepare them.:D

Whether in Yanbu (the famous fish dishes there), Jeddah, Makkah, Madinah, Ta'if etc.

KSA is not a so-called Gulf country or Khaleeji. Only Kuwait, Bahrain, Qatar and UAE is that but they all differ from each other.;) Only Khaleeji part of KSA is the coastal areas of the Eastern Province and that's where most of the Shia population live. They also have very good fish dishes btw.:lol:

Lastly, although not the thread, but you really need to taste the cuisine of the southern provinces of KSA and most importantly Yemeni cuisine. I think that you would love it since Yemeni cuisine is the most spicy Arab cuisine and very excellent.;)
i traveled to yunbu dozens of times try foods in front of yunbu port with black rice :partay:

look like you are missing home dear come back now :agree: i am going to pakistan too for few days soon

@al-Hasani

I know its little off-topic, but speaking of food, do you like kalle pache? lol

137111705.62Toco39.EpzIMGP91171.jpg

Some of my Nordic friends, they will not even taste it, because it looks disgusting for them. Especially when seeing the lamb head LOL
One of my vegetarian friends threw up a little, just at the mere sight of it. hahaha
For me, its one of my personal dishes. :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom