What's new

Disappearance of Buddhism from "Non Violent India": An Untold Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
chandragupta was supposed to be from a obc caste...:lol:

Origins of the Mauryans are unclear.

But through out history it was the Kshatriyas and Brahmins that were running the show.

How many potential Ashokas or Chandraguptas did India miss, because of the caste system?

You called Abrahamic religions rigid, but I call abominations like the Caste System rigid.

they switched religion?? Who? Only maryo took buddhism. Gupta all alon Hindus but maintained most of the status quo of maryo. Palas were all along Buddhist never Hindus.

We are NOT a religion. See this is the thing; first of all you need to understand the difference between organized religion and way of life. These are two different concepts. It may be difficult to understand but if you are seeking genuine knowledge in the area, then I fully encourage you to research more sincerely on our core philosophies. :)

Secondly, it is Maurya, not Maryo. Chandragupta Maurya was a mainstream Hindu emperor who became a Jain path ascetic after vacating his throne.

Most people confuse religion with path of life or faith, which is a different concept altogether. This is where the misunderstanding occurs.

you really dont know what you are talking about right ? :lol:

guptas and mauryas patronized both hinduism and buddhism...chnadragupta also patronized jainism...

there was extensive presence of buddhism in south centered around kanchipuram in tamil nadu....it became corrupted and later hinduism saw a resurgence once the cholas re-converted to hinduism under the influence of the shaivite saints (nayanmars)...

heck boddhidharma, the man who took buddhism to china was supposed to be from south india...

You are talking about the time of Buddhist rise in Indian sub continent. You are cleverly escaping the time of Palas decline and the disapearance of Buddhist even in its core birth place. You are talking about How Afhgan got massacared but cleverly not answering how Buddhist just disapeared from Bihar and Nepal before the arrival of Islam.

Look at how Brahmanism wiped out Buddhism and made them Shudras and Dalits. This forum shows the evil desires and inferiority complex of Brahmanist rulers of india today!

Then why only the name of Afhganistan and Bengal comes to your History book where Buddhist were masacared? Islam was all over the places right?

Apply your logic without getting the victimization sense. Afghanistan was the gateway into India in those days while Bengal... I think you should know this better. Do you know anyone from CHT? They'd tell you very much in detail. :)

---------- Post added at 01:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:05 AM ----------

Look at how Brahmanism wiped out Buddhism. This forum shows the evil desires and inferiority complex of Brahmanist rulers of india today!

Another ignorant comment by a Communist who doesn't even have any history...great. I am impressed :coffee:.

We are NOT a religion. See this is the thing; first of all you need to understand the difference between organized religion and way of life. These are two different concepts. It may be difficult to understand but if you are seeking genuine knowledge in the area, then I fully encourage you to research more sincerely on our core philosophies. :)

Secondly, it is Maurya, not Maryo. Chandragupta Maurya was a mainstream Hindu emperor who became a Jain path ascetic after vacating his throne.

Most people confuse religion with path of life or faith, which is a different concept altogether. This is where the misunderstanding occurs.

I dont want to go to Religion other than history. But funny it is (other tha spelling which is not a English word) that you say you dont belong to religion but belong to Hindu religion. You dont differentiate yourself from Hinduism again Hinduism is a religion by any definition. I dont think other buddhist will buy you.

---------- Post added at 07:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:37 PM ----------

Look at how Brahmanism wiped out Buddhism. This forum shows the evil desires and inferiority complex of Brahmanist rulers of india today!

They think Chinese are not buddhist at all. Above all Buddhism is not a religion but it belongs to Hinduism. Whats your thought on it?

Confucias was a pre buddhist man. How can he be influenced by Buddhism?

---------- Post added at 07:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:18 PM ----------

Then why only the name of Afhganistan and Bengal comes to your History book where Buddhist were masacared? Islam was all over the places right?

hahahaha You don't understand. Do you?

Buddhist/Hindu leaders never prosecuted against each others' religions as they often switched between the religions. But most of the sub-continent was predominantly Hindu and Buddhism had spread to Afghanistan and Far east. Buddhism and Hinduism are so closely related that one does not need to change their religion to understand the other religion's beliefs and much of sub-continent was already Hindu before the birth of Bhagawan Budhdha and since Hindus believe Lord Budhdha was an avatar of Lord Vishnu they didn't need to change their religion to understand the teachings of Budhdha.

So, Buddhism spread to places like Afghanistan and far east. Forget about India for a second look at any other Indianised kingdoms. Just look at Indonesia before the arrival of invaders they were Hindus even though they had seen both Hindu/Buddhist rulers.

Watch this video if you still can't understand.

Last edited by a moderator:
You called Abrahamic religions rigid, but I call abominations like the Caste System rigid.

i was talking about inter-faith relations in india..between the indian religions...not intra-hinduism policies...

that being said..i agree caste system was bad...

Buddhist/Hindu leaders never prosecuted against each others' religions as they often switched between the religions. But most of the sub-continent was predominantly Hindu and Buddhism had spread to Afghanistan and Far east. Buddhism and Hinduism are so closely related that one does not need to change their religion to understand the other religion's beliefs and much of sub-continent was already Hindu before the birth of Bhagawan Budhdha and since Hindus believe Lord Budhdha was an avatar of Lord Vishnu they didn't need to change their religion to understand the teachings of Budhdha.

So, Buddhism spread to places like Afghanistan and far east. Forget about India for a second look at any other Indianised kingdoms. Just look at Indonesia before the arrival of invaders they were Hindus even though they had seen both Hindu/Buddhist rulers.

Watch this video if you still can't understand.

I already answered all your question. Why are you beating the same drum again and again.

Besides I dont want to eat up all my monthly quota watching some bbbulcrap Indian video.

Last edited by a moderator:

nahh bro...he perfectly understands...but pretends he doesnt understand...

see u gotta shift the decline of buddhism on some one other than islamic invaders ..and hey presto you have the eveeeel brahmins...

Interesting discussion but there seems to be a missing link here...Buddhism and what is now called Hinduism aka Santhana Dharama could never have conflicts like what the Abrahamic religions have had with each other and other Parenthetic religions.

At the heart of the difference are 2 different philosophies..Vedic Hinduism believes in the concept of the"absolute" while Buddhism believes in the concept of "shunya".

So between these 2 religions there is nothing to kill each other about..

^ i agree..,buddhism was a bit on the nihilistic side....

I dont want to go to Religion other than history. But funny it is (other tha spelling which is not a English word) that you say you dont belong to religion but belong to Hindu religion. You dont differentiate yourself from Hinduism again Hinduism is a religion by any definition. I dont think other buddhist will buy you.

I've had the golden opportunity to study both mine and mainstream Hindu philosophies in detail in significant parts of my life. If there is something Buddhism teaches you, it is about accepting truth and learning to bear it with all virtues that are needed too be a good human being. There are jokers who call themselves Buddhist but if you ask them anything, they'd throw some verses in front of you and claim to be all knowledgeable.

Our way of life isn't about rote memorization of sutras and verses. It is about application, about seeking and about realization. If you're telling me that some Sinhala guy is not going to "buy me", I would thank you for giving me a good entertainment. Because what they follow there is a complete caricature of Buddhism.

Believe me, I've had my interactions with many of them here at during Kalachakra Puja season. They make me laugh with their ignorance of "we are different" mentality. :lol:.

You're using a wrong terminology again. Hindu Dharma or any other Dharmic paths including us, Jains or Sikhs; are not religions. Religions are politico-ideologies driven by absolutism and unwavering rigidity that has no place in our spiritual value chain of eastern ways of life.

Since Abrahamic people don't have a synonym for Dharma, they (Colonials) used the word religion.

They think Chinese are not buddhist at all. Above all Buddhism is not a religion but it belongs to Hinduism. Whats your thought on it
?

Why don't you check Chinese surveys on beliefs? They openly say they follow no defined path or religion. Secondly, if you're idea is to intentionally keep misunderstanding by reiterating the bolded part, I cannot help you. Thirdly, you're asking a Communist about Buddhism! :lol:

It is equivalent to me asking a Haredi Jew about you Muslims. So please, choose your sources more carefully.

---------- Post added at 01:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 AM ----------

Besides I dont want to eat up all my monthly quota watching some bbbulcrap Indian video.

That sums up your intention. You're not hear to learn but shift your blame on someone else. Who else according to you is better than the "evil Hindoos". Yeah if you Muslims have got a problem with them, that's your thing. But don't try to delink us with them. We're from the same core.

@iajdani

You attempt of establishing that Hindus and Buddhists did not get along, Buddhists were prosecuted against by Hindu rulers, and Buddhists were already extinct in India before the arrival of Islamic Invaders is not true.

Indian rulers switched religions between Hinduism and Buddhism since both being Indic religions and did not prosecute against either religions.

During the time of Guptas, Muaryas, Harsha, Palas they changed their religions between Hinduism and Buddhism but both religions were official religions of India. Even during the rule of Sena dynasty Buddhism was one of the state religion and they weren't prosecuted against but Buddhism in general declined since the arrival of Islamic Invaders and after the demolition of their universities.

Decline of Buddhism in India - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Mate I think you're the one who needs to do his research.

Dasavatar%2C_19th_century.jpg

See ninth avatar as Bhagawan Buddha!!

Gautama Buddha in Hinduism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Dashavatara - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Gautama Buddha - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Lumbini (the place where Bhagawan Buddha was born) is also a holy shrine for us Hindus as much as it is to Buddhists.

The biggest threat Buddhism got from Hinduism because of the inclusion of Buddha as one of the 1000s of lords of Hindus. Many of those who believe more in Buddha in Hindus do believe in other hindu lords also but more in Buddha that’s it, the Gautam Buddha who was son of a Hindu King himself. Like, even if Rama has the highest number of prayers in Hindus, they do pray for Krishna, Ganesha etc with many of them celebrating Buddha Poornima also. Therefore, most of the believers of Buddha in Hindus remained hindus this way.

That’s why I argued my Western friends many times that religion means for blind followers who have one lord only and whatever he said, its right for their followers. Like Jesus in Christianity, Prophet Muhammad in Islam and Buddha for the real Buddhists like those who are based in Japan, Thailand etc. This way, its fair to call Hinduism a ‘culture’ than a ‘religion’ who has 1000s of Lords who have impressed Hindu society on time to time with their great characters including Gautam Buddha :meeting:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom