What's new

Diplomats praise the self sacrifice of PAA pilots

Sir am not a helicopter pilot or been in one . All I know is that when an object free fall depending on it altitude impact force increase or decrease. And Nose Dive or Nose up what kind of impact will it make on gravitational pull? That's what my point. When rotor is running then its different story .

Hi,

The altitude is important. Just like in a fixed wing aircraft, the higher the altitude you have, the longer the controlled glide you can do without any engine power at all. So in this case, the helicopter was not very high, the margin of opportunity to pilots was almost non-existent. Take off and landing of a fixed wing or rotary wing aircraft is the most dangerous situation.

However, say the helicopter was at 10,000ft. Even if the engines lost power, and rotor lost speed, the pilot can adjust the pitch of the rotor blades such that, as the helicopter falls, the rotors starts to 'windmill' due to the rush of the air coming from underneath.................and that creates a drag on the rotors, which are connected to the chopper and thus will arrest the fall speed of the chopper, thereby reducing the impact. However if you only had 50-100 meters, hard luck then.

Take this situation "“There was a major vibration in the air and then the helicopter took a vicious circle. It went up and then went down. In the next moment it just dropped,”

How in the world you can control the aircraft for nose dive ? That was my point . And unless you have control and engine works you can't slide with wing less machine . When you lost control , then its free fall . Either you Nose down or not. It won't make any difference .

On incident : It looks like Mi17 lost control while few ft of landing . No one can do anything .For ever trained one may be .And ppl stop coming up with some stories .

Not really. You clearly have NO idea how helicopters achieve lift and fly. If you still have control of your rotor risk via the cyclic stick you can still change the attitude of the aircraft and be able to induce altitude changes within it. It is precisely how helicopter pilots are able to survive if their engine shuts off at altitude.. something called autorotation...read about it.

On the other hand, even if you were low level.. you CAN STILL create altitude changes REGARDLESS of whether your engine is on or off. The movement of the rotor disk is all that matters to induce altitude changes.

Hi,

I am surprised that none of you guys have seen the video----the chopper came in fast---hit the grassy lot----the skid pads got stuck in the dirt / grass instead of skidding---it jumped up----the tail lifted higher and the nose then hit the ground----.

I saw the video yesterday and posted my comments----but still I see some brainless posts by both Pakistanis and Indians.

Here is the youtube video: if the chopper had wheels or if it was landing on concrete---would have survived----.

The chopper that crashed was a Mi-17.. this was a Bell Jetranger..
you've been duped MK.

Respect to the braves.

Where is Indian BULL SH!T now? both India & their rented TTP tried very hard to cash in on this incident but both failed horribly.

I want to share with you an eye witness account as I spoke to a delegate to console and he informed me that when the plane was landing after a smooth flight, the pilot had two options either to take the plane to heigh and evict himself however on the contrary he preferred to nose dive so all the pressure comes towards the cockpit and when the helicopter was closer to surface he asked everyone to jump. The male diplomats were sitting in the front seats and jumped out of the plane, however the wives of Indonesian and Malaysian were at the back seat and could not jump and the subedar in the helicopter survived but went in the burninng rubble to evacuate the remaining passenders and gave his own life. This is the real level of bravery of our armed forces and where in the world you will find such men who sacrifice their lives for the intergrity and respect of our country. As ordinary Pakistanis we should all try to be honest and truthful and learn from the sacrifice of these brave men. May Allah protect our from the evil eye of the enemy. Long Live Pakistan

Long live Pakistan and I salute the martyrs that saved the lives of our diplomat guests.

Hi,

The altitude is important. Just like in a fixed wing aircraft, the higher the altitude you have, the longer the controlled glide you can do without any engine power at all. So in this case, the helicopter was not very high, the margin of opportunity to pilots was almost non-existent. Take off and landing of a fixed wing or rotary wing aircraft is the most dangerous situation.

However, say the helicopter was at 10,000ft. Even if the engines lost power, and rotor lost speed, the pilot can adjust the pitch of the rotor blades such that, as the helicopter falls, the rotors starts to 'windmill' due to the rush of the air coming from underneath.................and that creates a drag on the rotors, which are connected to the chopper and thus will arrest the fall speed of the chopper, thereby reducing the impact. However if you only had 50-100 meters, hard luck then.
Sir I understand that. Thanks for explaining too. In this case and this unfortunate incident happened while landing .I presume below 30-50 mts hight. Heli lost control of tail rotor which is used for the directions which lead to spinning of helicopter. Here how can reacted ? Like some of the members here trying portray. Even with intend of sacrifice there is nothing he could have done. A solider dies while on duty he deserves Martyrdom nothing less than that. But unnecessary stories will invite more unwanted discussion and doubts. That's my point .

Respect to the braves.

Where is Indian BULL SH!T now? both India & their rented TTP tried very hard to cash in on this incident but both failed horribly.

Dude why are you talking do cheaply . What is there for India to cash in ? Respect all soldiers man . We don't cash on unfortunate incidents like this. We are human like you too . Don't forget . TTP is yours and USA's brain child . But please don't misinform and try to play politics over poor soldiers life . please .

So they survived the crash, jumped out then went back into the aircraft to pull passengers out or.......?

Either way, RIP airmen you served your country- what more can one ask of a person?

Dear Sir both pilots had initially survived the crash and were in conscious conditions on their feet. Rather than going for safety and leave the aircraft vicinity they helped and pulled many survivors out of the aircraft (Helo). It was then, when they approached the aft part of aircraft to pull a body, the aircraft exploded and the heat and burns prove fatal for both of them.

Why 3 Mi17 malfunctioned st the same time ? Over load or sabotage

Where in God's name did you get this from? Only one (the 3rd) heli suffered the malfunction.

How in the world you can control the aircraft for nose dive ? That was my point . And unless you have control and engine works you can't slide with wing less machine . When you lost control , then its free fall . Either you Nose down or not. It won't make any difference .

On incident : It looks like Mi17 lost control while few ft of landing . No one can do anything .For ever trained one may be .And ppl stop coming up with some stories .

Sir am not a helicopter pilot or been in one . All I know is that when an object free fall depending on it altitude impact force increase or decrease. And Nose Dive or Nose up what kind of impact will it make on gravitational pull? That's what my point. When rotor is running then its different story .

You are miles away from the truth. Watch the below video and see how without power a heli still glides through autorotation and still has pitch controls working and that the pilot does decrease the altitude loss with the pitch controls. It is NOT a free fall. You're claims that the pilots couldn't have done anything and had no control are completely incorrect.

ps: There are tonnes of videos out there of autorotaion, look at them.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom