What's new

Did this female flashmob in Lahore send the wrong message about empowerment?

Do you think this viral ad was effective ?

• Yes

Votes: 12 16.0%
  • No

Votes: 47 62.7%
  • It's confusing

Votes: 16 21.3%

• Total voters
The message was idiotic and stupid and also not according to Islam and resulted in only people throwing money on these girls. This add achieved nothing except for embarrassment and 700 rupees which people threw on these girls.

I like it ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
@django @Zibago @Mentee after watching the whole dance our Mullah's be like
Angry-Muslim-Man-2.jpg

:omghaha::omghaha::omghaha:
Parading women in the streets will certainly warm some pervert eyes but wont empower them in any way, provide free and quality education to the women so they could earn some lofty perks and privileges without having to exhibit their bodies for the sake of some weird brand-------

People pissing/spitting on the street is fine but dance sends the wrong message . Anyways sannu ki ....

Do it on the sidewalk, no need to block the traffic though :D

Edit: The look at the spectators face was price less, Chacha ki ho Rea ay , putar m ty aap hun aya :o: as for the dance @dadeechi maamo can perform better dhumkas and lataky jhatky than these inexperienced models :lol:

Last edited:
We already have much feminism here in Pakistan. Ghareeb ki aurat is working in fields, on brick klins, on construction sites etc. I will accept this "ameer ki feminism" if these modern girls will be ready to marry the guys with 15-20 thousand salaries.

Whats the problem?

If you got aroused by her, go home, masterbate and get on with your day.

It doesnt affect your life.

If you really liked her, go court her.

You read the story, thats it. It doesnt need your opinion. you need not enforce your opinion.

That is how "you" think.

She danced, She didnt come and dance for "you". Lol... Insecure guys.

The idea, that this will "empower" women or somehow will alleviate the problem of street harassment is frankly laughable. The shortcut to empowerment is not dancing like hobos high on crack, it's through education.

-According to feminist literature, harassment basically occurs because women are viewed as objects. So what do these girls do ... they go out and dance right in the middle of the streets .. in essence once again becoming objects .. solves everything doesn't it ...:drag:

-Secondly I find it funny, them dancing to the song whose lyrics are "who runs the world ? Girls!" while the likes of them are passionately presenting that girl's are the most oppressed group in the society .. :hang2:

Whats the problem?

If you got aroused by her, go home, masterbate and get on with your day.

It doesnt affect your life.

If you really liked her, go court her.

You read the story, thats it. It doesnt need your opinion. you need not enforce your opinion.

That is how "you" think.

She danced, She didnt come and dance for "you". Lol... Insecure guys.

sorry but thats not how Islam works
there is a clear ayat regarding this and they are required to cover themselves up
there is no separation of religion and state in Islam and if anyone does something against public decency,they are required to be punished
you are indian and secular so you will never accept this which is why no one cares what you think in pakistan
also,i noticed this website is chock full of seculars from pakistan who waste no time in bashing Islam
the majority of the country are religious and thank Allah for that
which is why i feel like once a good government arrives,all the seculars should be monitored and punished accordingly if they utter anything against Islam
you might call this wahhabism or whatever but i follow the Quran and Sunnah word for word unlike the ones advocating the removal of wahhabis who wish to introduce immorality and obscenity into this country

oh also, punjab and sindh are the provinces where most people are going more and more distant from religion and this kind of disgusting behaviour will only be tolerated in these provinces and that too in the places whre the rich live,the poor people in these provinces also will not tolerate this behaviour
in kpk and balochistan,its not even a question

Brave girls. Doing something like this in Pakistan is risky so kudos to these girls.

Now let's all pray for their safety.

sorry but thats not how Islam works
there is a clear ayat regarding this and they are required to cover themselves up
there is no separation of religion and state in Islam and if anyone does something against public decency,they are required to be punished
you are indian and secular so you will never accept this which is why no one cares what you think in pakistan
also,i noticed this website is chock full of seculars from pakistan who waste no time in bashing Islam
the majority of the country are religious and thank Allah for that
which is why i feel like once a good government arrives,all the seculars should be monitored and punished accordingly if they utter anything against Islam
you might call this wahhabism or whatever but i follow the Quran and Sunnah word for word unlike the ones advocating the removal of wahhabis who wish to introduce immorality and obscenity into this country

oh also, punjab and sindh are the provinces where most people are going more and more distant from religion and this kind of disgusting behaviour will only be tolerated in these provinces and that too in the places whre the rich live,the poor people in these provinces also will not tolerate this behaviour
in kpk and balochistan,its not even a question

And my brother, rest was alright in islamic Pakistan?

Brother, I bet There were a hundred more unislamic things on that very road. Nobody has any time to notice that, do they? That is the islam you are trying to uphold?

Admit it, is lust. Is all.

Brave girls. Doing something like this in Pakistan is risky so kudos to these girls.

Now let's all pray for their safety.

That is not called bravery but stupidity, first thing.
Secondly, what do you mean "something like this in Pakistan"?
Women are protected and safe in Pakistan. If they were NOT, all those record they are breaking and making worldwide wouldn't have happened.

Whats wrong if a bunch of girls came and danced in the street ? its alright...let them do it...

It's all wrong. Why? Listen I am girl and you are going to hear now girls thoughts on this.
Why exactly women are being harassed? Their body and also they're seen as an object worldwide. Right? The best way to show empowerment is slap hard on face of that idiot who harasses you rather taking your shawl off and start dancing in middle of street. This doesn't make women strong but surely entertain men, same men, who harassed her.

People pissing/spitting on the street is fine but dance sends the wrong message . Anyways sannu ki ....

Typical mohallay Ke aunty Keh Ke end main "sanu Ke".

The Achilles heel of viral ads at display. This is why viral ads are VERY STRICTLY monitored and made so that the interpretation is not so subjective. They wanted their brand to exhibit "doing your own thing" ... and exhibiting "customization" and now they've landed with this mess on their hands .. I actually feel quite bad for them as a marketer, because this
Whats wrong if a bunch of girls came and danced in the street ? its alright...let them do it...
Most of such pranks are devised and performed by foreign funded NGO (s).Making dolled up girls dance in public without any valid reason can not be called a protest or demonstration for feminism. INDIANS LIKE YOU are obviously the ones who do not mind the rampant rapes in India,but regard as sexually charged male freedom of body movement .

Who was the asshole who came up with this idea? Seems more like a 'light' street mujra rather than doing your own thing, the onlookers are also shown to be belonging from the poorest class of the society. The area resembles 'heera mandi' area in Lahore.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom