What's new

Did PAF shoot down IAF Mi-17?

Myth_buster_1

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
https://www.news18.com/news/india/w...ot-strike-hinges-on-one-question-2134039.html

“There were around three aircraft flying at that time,” says 36-year-old Fahmeeda, who was in the lawn of her house at the time of the crash.“Two jets were flying over the chopper. The Jets were very high and at a very fast speed,” she says.

Seeing the legion of fighter planes, she and the other villagers thought that a war between India and Pakistan has started. “I was looking at the sky and could see the chopper and then suddenly there was something like a shooting star that struck the tail of the chopper,” Fahmeeda recalls.

There was a huge bang. And then, another one. After that the aircraft came spiralling down. Petrified, Fahmeeda says she screamed and ran away from her house. Villagers recount the same scene in every household, people fleeing their homes frantically in search of safety.

In my opinion PAF JF-17 entered Indian occupied Kashmir and decided to shot down a chopper with pl-5 and to avoid escalation they disowned the kill credit.
I am pretty sure Indian military is not that dumb like Iranian which will engage any flying plane without proper chain of command. So thats why NO spyder system was used which btw is one of the most advance system in the world and should have one of the best friend or foe system installed.
And then IAF took a long time to finally come up with an excuse that one of its own SAM shot it down and then of course they had to court martial an imaginary IAF personnel to shift the blame.
Also the rumors we hear about PAF has only disclosed only partial of its true mission make sense now.

what u guys think?

yes!

I have been saying this for a while..

We couldnt identify it as a search & rescue vehicle, therefore we didnt take the claim.

Last edited:
dg ispr clearly denied this fact

I know, but that is to avoid escalation.

Or, the Friend or Foe system got disabled due to jamming...

Shooting directly at a chopper might have been more risky from an escalation point of view....

I dont think jammers can disable such a feature, they are only used for spoofing radar or disabling it so they cant see.

IMO the most mysterious part is the failure of the SPICE system to hit the targets!!! I won't buy the Indians took that much risk to hit some trees and crows....

IMO the most mysterious part is the failure of the SPICE system to hit the targets!!! I won't buy the Indians took that much risk to hit some trees and crows....
India intentionally dropped duds in open fields to avoid casualties. PAF reaction would have been 10 times more with at least 10-15 IAF jets down had their been 300 casualties on pakistani side.

India intentionally dropped duds in open fields to avoid casualties. PAF reaction would have been 10 times more with at least 10-15 IAF jets down had their been 300 casualties on pakistani side.
Then the Indians are much less of a foe than I thought earlier...

ap log us video ko kyon gour sy nahi dekhty jo indian channels per upload hoi "Thanamandi sector" ki jo LOC se 20KM dour hy us mein ek kashmiri ky mutabik Mi17 ko LOC ky nazdeek agg lagi aur wo badgam ky qareem gir ky tabah ho gya per thanamandi aur badgum ky andar falsa bhot zayda hy ek or video hy usi sector ki us main saf nazar aa raha hy ky thanamandi mein he koi cheez gir kar tabah hoi hy thanamandi bhimber gali ke qareeb hy jahan PAF ny attack kiya tha
zero00.jpg

If Spyder was that much capable & advance, would have taken on JF-17s at first. Secondly, we denied the kill officially. Furthermore, the most possible scenario is that due to heavy & condensed EW in arena; Spyder type couldn't recognize one of their own flying very low like this. There was frustration, fear & helplessness of a surprise attack that Indian thought to score a point which turned out to be a haunting.

We had no need to shoot down the hip. Their own AD was completely panicked with degraded situational awareness that they were willing to shoot anything and everything out of the sky.

The Indians also did not know of our JFs stand off capabilities so were assuming that UAV’s were going to be providing targeting. Finally the actions of the Mi-17 crew and the flight pattern given to them by ATC doomed them into the kill-box for the SPYDER.

PAF knew about IAF tactic of using small MiG-21 as a Ninja in combination with powerful SU-30 Radar. Indians game plan was to keep MiG-21 invisible b/w mountains, low and slow flying with passive radar only, guide it via SU-30,AWACS datalink and ground control towards target.

Abhi-non-done job was to sneak up on PAF and do a duck shoot from behind. Well he got his a$$ handed back to him. While F-16s, in the fog of war, most probably end-up unleashing AMRAAM onto Mi-17, thinking it as another low slow flying MIG-21.

I also have the same view.

PAF knew about IAF tactic of using small MiG-21 as a Ninja in combination with powerful SU-30 Radar. Indians game plan was to keep MiG-21 invisible b/w mountains, low and slow flying with passive radar only, guide it via SU-30,AWACS datalink and ground control towards target.

Abhi-non-done job was to sneak up on PAF and do a duck shoot from behind. Well he got his a$$ handed back to him. While F-16s, in the fog of war, most probably end-up unleashing AMRAAM onto Mi-17, thinking it as another low slow flying MIG-21.

Why are we still debating and creating scenarios of Mi-17 when IAF had given the verdict that it was its AD who shot down the chopper. Do we need anything else to make it a reality?

Back
Top Bottom