What's new

Did PAF shoot down IAF Mi-17?

You might be right but the reason below is absolutely ridiculous:
I am pretty sure Indian military is not that dumb like Iranian which will engage any flying plane without proper chain of command.

I thought people were on this forum because they possessed a passion for defense analysis --- for that, you need to study history and understand how the fog of war works. The Indian Air Force, just like any other military arm in the world (including America's) is perfectly capable of shooting down one of its own. The US has been involved in several friendly fire incidents (the most powerful and most advanced military in the world who train and simulate like no other + have more global war experience than any other), so why can't India or Pakistan or any other country be caught in a "blue on blue" situation? Singling out Iran in your example reeks of a strange bias.

Please brush up on your history of friendly fire incidents since the Cold War so you don't make childish arguments. The other points you made still made some sense.

To be clear, I'm not saying your conclusion isn't true --- just that your supporting arguments should be better thought out.

Cheers.

This topic is a result of kids playing Battlefield 4

@Myth_buster_1
Screenshot-15.jpg

87677844-932947133789301-7194535017865805824-n.jpg

https://www.news18.com/news/india/w...ot-strike-hinges-on-one-question-2134039.html

“There were around three aircraft flying at that time,” says 36-year-old Fahmeeda, who was in the lawn of her house at the time of the crash.“Two jets were flying over the chopper. The Jets were very high and at a very fast speed,” she says.

Seeing the legion of fighter planes, she and the other villagers thought that a war between India and Pakistan has started. “I was looking at the sky and could see the chopper and then suddenly there was something like a shooting star that struck the tail of the chopper,” Fahmeeda recalls.

There was a huge bang. And then, another one. After that the aircraft came spiralling down. Petrified, Fahmeeda says she screamed and ran away from her house. Villagers recount the same scene in every household, people fleeing their homes frantically in search of safety.

In my opinion PAF JF-17 entered Indian occupied Kashmir and decided to shot down a chopper with pl-5 and to avoid escalation they disowned the kill credit.
I am pretty sure Indian military is not that dumb like Iranian which will engage any flying plane without proper chain of command. So thats why NO spyder system was used which btw is one of the most advance system in the world and should have one of the best friend or foe system installed.
And then IAF took a long time to finally come up with an excuse that one of its own SAM shot it down and then of course they had to court martial an imaginary IAF personnel to shift the blame.
Also the rumors we hear about PAF has only disclosed only partial of its true mission make sense now.

what u guys think?
We have an official line from PA. This has begrudgingly bèen accepted by the IAF. Why do we want to create an alternate point of view? I dont think this is of any benefit to us politically strategically or morally. On all 3 grounds we have stood tall. Why do we want to fall from this advantageous position.
There is no evidence that the JFTs stood back in Indian terrain more than to "lure" the IAF into the spiders web. To fight over Indian terrain would have been anopen act of war which would have been a silly thing to do beyond what we already did in response to Indian aggression.
There are lessons to learn here. I think we need to stick to the Paklands version of events which is the most logical. Alternate POWs create political and military complications best avoided.
Regards
A

We have an official line from PA. This has begrudgingly bèen accepted by the IAF. Why do we want to create an alternate point of view? I dont think this is of any benefit to us politically strategically or morally. On all 3 grounds we have stood tall. Why do we want to fall from this advantageous position.
There is no evidence that the JFTs stood back in Indian terrain more than to "lure" the IAF into the spiders web. To fight over Indian terrain would have been anopen act of war which would have been a silly thing to do beyond what we already did in response to Indian aggression.
There are lessons to learn here. I think we need to stick to the Paklands version of events which is the most logical. Alternate POWs create political and military complications best avoided.
Regards
A

i believe their is always back door talks between military to military that civilians would never ever know about. like they discuss rules of engagements and what information should be leaked about each other. pakistan wanted to send a STRONG message that they mean business and they are not bluffing. shooting down multiple fighters would have forced IAF to retaliate in same manner but they are able to get away with an imaginary f-16 kill to even the score 1 mig-21 and 1 f-16 lost and since su-30 kill can not be proven from information available to public so indian public is able to live with the even score. in reality PAF does not want to provide compelling evidence regarding su-30 which will case indian public to question their military and then escalate the tension. paf does not want to claim mi-17 kill because it will force iaf to react and iaf is able to live with the fact that since public is okay in believing in a cover up story that it was a own goal then that is fine with them as well.
Indian air defence is one of the most advanced in the world with one of the best friend or foe system.
now when fighter jets are flying at high speed at the same time as mi-17 then what are the odds of you not identifying the two platforms with different flying characteristic!?
“There were around three aircraft flying at that time,” says 36-year-old Fahmeeda, who was in the lawn of her house at the time of the crash.“Two jets were flying over the chopper. The Jets were very high and at a very fast speed,” she says.

Seeing the legion of fighter planes, she and the other villagers thought that a war between India and Pakistan has started. “I was looking at the sky and could see the chopper and then suddenly there was something like a shooting star that struck the tail of the chopper,” Fahmeeda recalls.

https://www.news18.com/news/india/w...ot-strike-hinges-on-one-question-2134039.html

There was a huge bang. And then, another one. After that the aircraft came spiralling down. Petrified, Fahmeeda says she screamed and ran away from her house. Villagers recount the same scene in every household, people fleeing their homes frantically in search of safety.

In my opinion PAF JF-17 entered Indian occupied Kashmir and decided to shot down a chopper with pl-5 and to avoid escalation they disowned the kill credit.
I am pretty sure Indian military is not that dumb like Iranian which will engage any flying plane without proper chain of command. So thats why NO spyder system was used which btw is one of the most advance system in the world and should have one of the best friend or foe system installed.
And then IAF took a long time to finally come up with an excuse that one of its own SAM shot it down and then of course they had to court martial an imaginary IAF personnel to shift the blame.
Also the rumors we hear about PAF has only disclosed only partial of its true mission make sense now.

what u guys think?
Apparently it was shot down by abhinandan before he crossed the LOC :rofl:

i believe their is always back door talks between military to military that civilians would never ever know about. like they discuss rules of engagements and what information should be leaked about each other. pakistan wanted to send a STRONG message that they mean business and they are not bluffing. shooting down multiple fighters would have forced IAF to retaliate in same manner but they are able to get away with an imaginary f-16 kill to even the score 1 mig-21 and 1 f-16 lost and since su-30 kill can not be proven from information available to public so indian public is able to live with the even score. in reality PAF does not want to provide compelling evidence regarding su-30 which will case indian public to question their military and then escalate the tension. paf does not want to claim mi-17 kill because it will force iaf to react and iaf is able to live with the fact that since public is okay in believing in a cover up story that it was a own goal then that is fine with them as well.
Indian air defence is one of the most advanced in the world with one of the best friend or foe system.
now when fighter jets are flying at high speed at the same time as mi-17 then what are the odds of you not identifying the two platforms with different flying characteristic!?
I don't think that's a possibility because claiming to shot down and kill six of your own is way more embarrassing than if they get killed by your enemy in the line of duty.
Also it make sense that there is a less probability of shooting that helicopter mistakenly by India's own defence system because as you said the flying characteristics of a fighter jets and helicopter are very different.
Most probably it was shot down by none other than the team killer abhinandan :lol:

Rahul video mein Mi17 ki bat nahi kar raha matlb yahan pakistan air force gayi thi

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom