What's new

Did PAF shoot down IAF Mi-17?

Can the second kill actually be the mi-17 and not the su-30, or was it flying too low
Bro our air chief clearly states that we downed su-30 not MI-17 and MI-17 was far away when it was shot down ( near to the capital of IOK SIRINAGAR) hence out of the range of our AMRAAM

Who told you that we got it late... Talking from your a$$ rather than facts. Iaf tried to enter from southern punjab as well where it was intercepted in time and force to revert back. Similar close fly incidents were happening that time for the last 3-4 days an. P. S spice were launched within their side of the border and no way in the world paf could stop it just like Iaf against our H4s.
that is true
they tried to intrude through various positions down south and were pushed back.they managed to deploy their bombs before interception in one place. larger numbers played int heir hands if we had enough jets then the Balakot trees and a crow would have escaped Indian bombs too

It doesn't really matter if PAF shot it down or not. What actually matters is that there is one less Mi17 in the Indian inventory and a loss of around $16Mil

people are just reading the tittle of the thread without reading the content! Pay attention to the part where eyewitness said they saw multiple fighter jets circling above the chopper before it went down. Were their Indian planes present their at that time? Or were those PAF fighters?

Last edited:
https://www.news18.com/news/india/w...ot-strike-hinges-on-one-question-2134039.html

“There were around three aircraft flying at that time,” says 36-year-old Fahmeeda, who was in the lawn of her house at the time of the crash.“Two jets were flying over the chopper. The Jets were very high and at a very fast speed,” she says.

Seeing the legion of fighter planes, she and the other villagers thought that a war between India and Pakistan has started. “I was looking at the sky and could see the chopper and then suddenly there was something like a shooting star that struck the tail of the chopper,” Fahmeeda recalls.

There was a huge bang. And then, another one. After that the aircraft came spiralling down. Petrified, Fahmeeda says she screamed and ran away from her house. Villagers recount the same scene in every household, people fleeing their homes frantically in search of safety.

In my opinion PAF JF-17 entered Indian occupied Kashmir and decided to shot down a chopper with pl-5 and to avoid escalation they disowned the kill credit.
I am pretty sure Indian military is not that dumb like Iranian which will engage any flying plane without proper chain of command. So thats why NO spyder system was used which btw is one of the most advance system in the world and should have one of the best friend or foe system installed.
And then IAF took a long time to finally come up with an excuse that one of its own SAM shot it down and then of course they had to court martial an imaginary IAF personnel to shift the blame.
Also the rumors we hear about PAF has only disclosed only partial of its true mission make sense now.

what u guys think?

Hi,

Off course it is a Paf kill---it happened during combat---. Enemy can deny it as much as it wants to---.

Why are we still debating and creating scenarios of Mi-17 when IAF had given the verdict that it was its AD who shot down the chopper. Do we need anything else to make it a reality?

Hi Mr Ahmad,

It is 'our' kill---. That is why we are claiming it---.

You might be right but the reason below is absolutely ridiculous:
I am pretty sure Indian military is not that dumb like Iranian which will engage any flying plane without proper chain of command.

I thought people were on this forum because they possessed a passion for defense analysis --- for that, you need to study history and understand how the fog of war works. The Indian Air Force, just like any other military arm in the world (including America's) is perfectly capable of shooting down one of its own. The US has been involved in several friendly fire incidents (the most powerful and most advanced military in the world who train and simulate like no other + have more global war experience than any other), so why can't India or Pakistan or any other country be caught in a "blue on blue" situation? Singling out Iran in your example reeks of a strange bias.

Please brush up on your history of friendly fire incidents since the Cold War so you don't make childish arguments. The other points you made still made some sense.

To be clear, I'm not saying your conclusion isn't true --- just that your supporting arguments should be better thought out.

Cheers.

Hi,

Iranians are not that dumb----. The got sabotaged by the adversary's EW capabilities.

The 'adversary' can control your radar in a manner that even though you are looking at the screen---you would not know when it got sabotaged---no blurry lines would show for a second---or no rolling of picture would show---a smooth transition will take place as if everything was normal---.

Hi,
Off course it is a Paf kill---it happened during combat---. Enemy can deny it as much as it wants to---.
Also at first IAF ruled it out as technical fault went down and even without any investigation you could just look at the wreckage and see the tail section was sprayed with shrapnel from a missile!

Last edited:
Guys, I have been actually trying to gather a lot of VERY credible evidence and was aiming to present it here soon, but there is very, VERY detailed and probable info that PAF shot down not one, not two, but 4 AIRCRAFT, yes you read that correct. This includes the already known Mig-21 and SU-30, but ALSO this Mi-17 AND A MIRAGE 2000! Just bear with me, will do this very shortly

Good story. But, they actually came inside.
Yes only few hundred meters and ran like hell when PAF chased them. They tried to enter from 4 different places, from three they failed and one they entered few hundred meters and in hurry dropped bombs which failed to hit targets

Hi,

Hi Mr Ahmad,

It is 'our' kill---. That is why we are claiming it---.

Hi,

Iranians are not that dumb----. The got sabotaged by the adversary's EW capabilities.

The 'adversary' can control your radar in a manner that even though you are looking at the screen---you would not know when it got sabotaged---no blurry lines would show for a second---or no rolling of picture would show---a smooth transition will take place as if everything was normal---.

Exactly.

previous here on this forum, there was thread which on rumors started to discuss possible (not probable) US permission to get block 60+ sixteens but then when when actual news got out it was only mutual course cooperation and few spares for sixteens and on various instances i have seen people concluding things abt weapons evidence of which they have not seen or heard in other words just either rumor or wishful thinking.

with gimmics like that from people who seem to have knowledge of these areas is not quite good because it gives false comfort to the readers and attendees since people of this country seem to have very little ability of critical thinking and now here again too tryin to create a realm which just does not exist and talking abt we shoot this we shoot that..!!!!!!!!!! my asss..!!!!!!!! person who took an actual shot at MKI is saying it was a PROBABLE kill how can you be sure of anything??!!!!!!

Guys, I have been actually trying to gather a lot of VERY credible evidence and was aiming to present it here soon, but there is very, VERY detailed and probable info that PAF shot down not one, not two, but 4 AIRCRAFT, yes you read that correct. This includes the already known Mig-21 and SU-30, but ALSO this Mi-17 AND A MIRAGE 2000! Just bear with me, will do this very shortly
Afsana likhnay mein saal lag raha hai janab?

previous here on this forum, there was thread which on rumors started to discuss possible (not probable) US permission to get block 60+ sixteens but then when when actual news got out it was only mutual course cooperation and few spares for sixteens and on various instances i have seen people concluding things abt weapons evidence of which they have not seen or heard in other words just either rumor or wishful thinking.

with gimmics like that from people who seem to have knowledge of these areas is not quite good because it gives false comfort to the readers and attendees since people of this country seem to have very little ability of critical thinking and now here again too tryin to create a realm which just does not exist and talking abt we shoot this we shoot that..!!!!!!!!!! my asss..!!!!!!!! person who took an actual shot at MKI is saying it was a PROBABLE kill how can you be sure of anything??!!!!!!

The purpose of the forum is to discuss news and events in every aspect and if you do not want to discuss then you are more then welcome to leave.
thank you

well, news and ideas are not rumors, sure secrets are meant to not be discussed but hype is different thing altogether and i dont need any body to tell me whether to join or leave

Back
Top Bottom