What's new

Did China develop its deadly stealth fighter using parts from a downed U.S.

China started development of RAM coating and signal management in the 1980's, roughly 20 years after United States with their A-12 (later SR-71). My guess is they may have obtained some F-117 parts for research purposes, but building J-20 from looking at few metal scraps? Hah, some people are so desperate.

The F-117 was obsolete tech even during the Kosovo war both Russia and China studied it but would never use it

Hmm, what shameful copying!

Especially when the J-10 was built from Mitsubishi A6M Zeroes captured during WWII!

And in fact, we copied the engine by kidnapping Werner Von Braun and bribing him!

The F-117 was obsolete tech even during the Kosovo war both Russia and China studied it but would never use it
This is a gross misunderstanding of the F-117. The F-117's flight controls came from the F-16, the engines came from the F-18 with their afterburners removed, there is no radar, the astro-navigation system has its origin from the F-111, and so on for the rest of the aircraft's systems when they could be adapted from existing aircrafts. The only thing that was extraordinary about the F-117 is its shape and since it worked in denying radars vital information about itself, that technology was hardly 'obsolete' at that time.

people usually over-estimate chinese's reverse-engineering ability, but under-estimate their creativity.
if reverse-engineering happens like a magic, there must be creativity in there. :cheesy:

The truth is we're that good. We're going to build a fleet of a few hundred J 20s out of a few pieces from a F 117.

What if they have built it with some help from the downed US plane , technology doesn't belong to anyone.

US and Russians , UK stolen German technology , does anyone ask anything?

I think if chinese have gotten some help from it then good on them ! :china:

What if they have built it with some help from the downed US plane , technology doesn't belong to anyone.

US and Russians , UK stolen German technology , does anyone ask anything?

I think if chinese have gotten some help from it then good on them ! :china:

General, your signature is cool...

Back
Top Bottom