What's new

‘Diaspora Tamils should be part of UN referendum on Eelam’

I cannot see what the fuss is all about.
To me its simple, those living in SL are Sri Lankans first , always and every time. I am against dividing nations on ethnic grounds. The whole fiasco the Tamils did in SL was to me simply a game of trying to carve a nation for themselves. I am glad it has not worked out.

Hard decisions need to be taken to solve complex and festering problems. The sooner all parties move on the better.

It is not as simple as it sounds. My simple response post #3 and it would settle many of the issues but I don't see the divulsion of powers coming. SL can do very well to learn from India who has the divulsion of powers granted to individual states and that is how different language people are able to live together. SL has just 3 different people if I go by what Skyline states here(Sinhalese, Tamils and Moors) whereas India have hundreds of divergent people, language, culture, religion.

For more complex background the history goes back almost 2000 years of tamil-sinhalese rivalry.

For more simpler background, I have a few pointers I can point you to the history of how the separate country discussions gained ground. It was India who started this by promoting the fringe militant organizations. I would suggest reading how India has blood in its hands by turning a non-violent movement into a violent movement. SL Tamil movement was pre-dominantly non-violent movement since SL independence. There were some isolated militants like Prabhakaran who were not that powerful enough to take on even the policemen. Indira decided to turn that to India's advantage by promoting a psuedo-marxist like Prabhakaran who turned against all the other non-militant and militant leaders and the SL tamil movement effectively became a violent movement.

I think you are simplifying the civilian deaths to 28. Do you think you will have a full fledged hospital in a war front? Ofcourse they convert buildings into hospitals but was declared as the hospital but SL ignored it. I am asking the question back to you - how many of the civilians are wounded and can you provide links?

I do understand everyone is a player - for that matter even India is a player. Looks for my response to Third eye.

That's what I'm trying to say, if it is not a main hospital then how a one building of temporary setup "hospital" can give more deaths? just watch that documentary again, ask from yourself is this a hospital, actually how much deaths could happen.

Wounded people, it should be between 3000-4000, there's nothing to hide Indian medical team was here too.

I cannot see what the fuss is all about.

To me its simple, those living in SL are Sri Lankans first , always and every time. I am against dividing nations on ethnic grounds. The whole fiasco the Tamils did in SL was to me simply a game of trying to carve a nation for themselves. I am glad it has not worked out.

Hard decisions need to be taken to solve complex and festering problems. The sooner all parties move on the better.
May be if you guys(North INidians) have trouble with the Chinese and the Pakistanis why should we Tamils in TN give sh$t about it and why is that Tax money is spent in fortifying the northern side and the same is not done in the south and why is that INDIA has nto cared for the Tamil Fishermen when they are shot dead at point blank range by the SL army.

Do you guys think that we are second grade citizens to serve unquestioned the interest for th North INDIANS.

Secondly learn the history and geography of the SL ethnic issue before giving your expert comment.

My uncle is a writer with Pasumai Vigadan and he happened to go to SL after the eelam war and after seeing the condition of the Tamils suffering for a squre meal a day, he stoped writing for 3 weeks.

:lol: Here we go, you're trying to spread lies again... Tell me the area your uncle has visited.

There are many minority groups in Sri Lanka living peacefully.......

Roman Catholicism in Sri Lanka

The Roman Catholic Church in Sri Lanka is part of the worldwide Roman Catholic Church, under the spiritual leadership of the Pope and curia in Rome.

There are approximately 1.4 million Catholics in Sri Lanka representing around 7% of the total population.

Roman Catholicism in Sri Lanka - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Elections held months ago, 37% of Tamils voted for Rajapaksha's Party. 3 other parties won rest of seats. Eastern province far head than Northern province, it's our booming tourism province!

why we care Indian leaders, this is our country, this is our citizens, all the matters are ours, we are the people who should seek solution if there any major issue, we don't need Indian solution based on ethnic.

Devolution of power should be based on districts but it should NOT be based on ethnic. I don't want to see another "Indian type" in my country who live in blocks ..blocks...

So u guys dont fullfill promises made to anyone?
Thats what u r saying?
Its better i call u and ur govt a liar, than u calling ashok one !!
I believe he is distinguished better than ur undistinguished sinhalese leaders!!

It is not as simple as it sounds. My simple response post #3 and it would settle many of the issues but I don't see the divulsion of powers coming. SL can do very well to learn from India who has the divulsion of powers granted to individual states and that is how different language people are able to live together. SL has just 3 different people if I go by what Skyline states here(Sinhalese, Tamils and Moors) whereas India have hundreds of divergent people, language, culture, religion.

For more complex background the history goes back almost 2000 years of tamil-sinhalese rivalry.

For more simpler background, I have a few pointers I can point you to the history of how the separate country discussions gained ground. It was India who started this by promoting the fringe militant organizations. I would suggest reading how India has blood in its hands by turning a non-violent movement into a violent movement. SL Tamil movement was pre-dominantly non-violent movement since SL independence. There were some isolated militants like Prabhakaran who were not that powerful enough to take on even the policemen. Indira decided to turn that to India's advantage by promoting a psuedo-marxist like Prabhakaran who turned against all the other non-militant and militant leaders and the SL tamil movement effectively became a violent movement.

Indian system is unique to India, it's not matching to Sri Lanka.
simple question, why should we give special rights to a ethnic group who live in specific area while their rest of percentage is enjoying the life rest of provinces?

#2 name the rights that majority Sinhalese have but Tamils or other ethnic do not have?

The Roman Catholic Church in Sri Lanka is part of the worldwide Roman Catholic Church, under the spiritual leadership of the Pope and curia in Rome.

There are approximately 1.4 million Catholics in Sri Lanka representing around 7% of the total population.

Are u dumb?
There are many tamil christians as well!!
prabakaran was a christian!!
It doesnt matter wat religion they belong, but they are many ethnic tamils!!

Are u dumb?

Elections for Sri Lanka's Northern Provincial Council to be soon

Traditional Industries and Small Enterprises Minister of Sri Lanka Douglas Devananda says elections for the Northern Provincial Council would be held after May this year.

The Minister believes that holding provincial council elections in the North would help strengthen democracy in post-war North.

Following the end of the war, general and Presidential elections as well as local government elections have been conducted in the North.

Sri Lanka : Elections for Sri Lanka\'s Northern Provincial Council to be held this year

So u guys dont fullfill promises made to anyone?
Thats what u r saying?
Its better i call u and ur govt a liar, than u calling ashok one !!
I believe he is distinguished better than ur undistinguished sinhalese leaders!!

What I have say again is the same, We are Sri Lankans and it's our business. ;)

This was a vary bad example. Many of the top commanders of LTTE were Christians. One of the fighting formations of LTTE was named after Charles Antony..Prabhakaran's friend.

Are u dumb?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

On 15 November 1505 a Portuguese fleet commanded by Lourenço de Almeida, having been driven by a storm to the shores of Sri Lanka, landed in Colombo. With permission of the king of Kotte, Dharma Parakramabahu IX, Alimeida erected a trade station and a small chapel in Colombo.

The chapel was dedicated to St Lawrence. Franciscan Friar Vicente, the chaplain of the fleet, celebrated Mass. This is the first record of a Catholic mass on Sri Lankan soil. Over the next few centuries, Portuguese, Dutch, and Irish missionaries spread the religion in Sri Lanka, most notably in the western and northwestern coast, where in some places Catholics are half the population.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom