What's new

Dhanush’ Clears Final Trials in Pokhran

18 guns a year?! Way too less, especially when far more complex systems like fighter aircraft too approach similar production rates per annum. Should've been at least 60 guns per year, even with a smallish order for 400 guns.

18 guns a year?! Way too less, especially when far more complex systems like fighter aircraft too approach similar production rates per annum. Should've been at least 60 guns per year, even with a smallish order for 400 guns.

Production will be doubled once orders are made.

Hope they have arranged for retirement fund of Generals.else this will likely suffer the same fate as Arjun.

Which still makes it only 36 guns per annum. More than a decade to execute a 400 gun order just isn't good enough.

Yes, its still quite low but then economy dont permit more number of machine acquisition for lesser period.

Also we need to look into per year budget allotment for induction of these guns. We need to buy truck mounted artillery as well apart from these toed ones. A total number of 50+ artillery gun is quite good number.

Hopefully if we can get some foreign orders as well, the production rate can be increased.

Yes, its still quite low but then economy dont permit more number of machine acquisition for lesser period.

Also we need to look into per year budget allotment for induction of these guns. We need to buy truck mounted artillery as well apart from these toed ones. A total number of 50+ artillery gun is quite good number.

Hopefully if we can get some foreign orders as well, the production rate can be increased.

Imagine, by the time the last 50 odd arty guns are to be produced, they'd already be deemed obsolete.:tsk: Something similar happened with Jaguar production as well.

It's part of the theatrics. Nobody does that in an actual war.

I know that they do not do it in actual combat, but why are they dancing like that?

Looks stupid and I cant think of any way that this served any purpose military history.

Imagine, by the time the last 50 odd arty guns are to be produced, they'd already be deemed obsolete.:tsk: Something similar happened with Jaguar production as well.

Nah mate, there is not much in artillery guns to be outdated in just 5-6 year time.

Even 5 decade old bofors do just fine even now.

In other link posted on second page I guess It was stated that production will be 18 guns for this financial year then 50 guns/year from next year and finally 100 guns/year afterwards.
Read this link..
Desi Bofors howitzer undergoes final trials in major boost to indigenization - The Times of India

I know that they do not do it in actual combat, but why are they dancing like that?

Looks stupid and I cant think of any way that this served any purpose military history.

Just to showcase their discipline and agility...similar to what the soldier marches hope to showcase.

Nah mate, there is not much in artillery guns to be outdated in just 5-6 year time.

Even 5 decade old bofors do just fine even now.

I guess I am being a little too disappointed with the numbers I read.

In other link posted on second page I guess It was stated that production will be 18 guns for this financial year then 50 guns/year from next year and finally 100 guns/year afterwards.
Read this link..
Desi Bofors howitzer undergoes final trials in major boost to indigenization - The Times of India

These figures make a lot more sense. Thanks mate.

Just to showcase their discipline and agility...similar to what the soldier marches hope to showcase.

Marching in close formations did serve a purpose in combat, when battles were fought in battle lines and packed formations.

Marching in a disciplined way was necessary to maintain cohesion when moving.

But I fail to see from where this jumping originates

Maybe @AUSTERLITZ can shed some light on this?

Marching in close formations did serve a purpose in combat, when battles were fought in battle lines and packed formations.

Marching in a disciplined way was necessary to maintain cohesion when moving.

But I fail to see from where this jumping originates

Maybe @AUSTERLITZ can shed some light on this?

Hmmm.....my takeaway watching that was the precision and coordination amongst soldiers....If they each accomplished their job at different rates, they could not have coordinated those jumps. Just an indicator of how well-drilled a unit they are.

But yeah, let's wait for Austerlitz's say on this.:)

Only too small if army place order around 416 it will take decade to compete :hitwall::hitwall::hitwall:
Most probably the manufacture will be outsourced to Indian pvt companies too as SledgeHammer mentioned.......

I think the following organizations are developing their versions of 155 mm artillery guns for IA:

1. OFB
2. TATA Power SED
3. Bharat Forge
4. L&T
5. Mahindra Defence Systems
6. DRDO (ARDE)

Somehow I feel that the Army will like to order 155/52 mm Guns once the order for 416 Dhanush is complete
from what I see, these guns are crucial stop gap that will allow us to retire some of the 1000 odd older 105mm guns still currently in service
What I believe is dat army will order some 1100 155/52 guns once the present order is complete

I also expect Modi to order the 146 M777 ULH for the Mountain strike corps, which are currently using 105mm Light Field Guns

Back
Top Bottom