What's new

Dhaka surprises Indian visitors

Bhai porjontoner hotel theke dekhen.

Tourism Board's countertourism strategy involves not negotiating with tourists.

My dad has been going to Hotel Sayeman in CXB since the 1980's as a young adult. It used to be owned by the Parjatan (Tourism) Corp.

In the late 2000's they built a new building, don't know if it still belongs to Parjatan. The old building looked like a two story Motel 6 of sorts. Apparently the pomfret fry dishes in those days were the bomb in their cafeteria. It is pretty close to the beach (essentially ON the WATER) and doesn't look half bad, kind of like a seaside Malibu hotel with infinity pool.

But yeah - I get it about Parjatan staff and their hospitality training.....or rather, severe lack of it.

banner1_sbr_opt1.jpg

banner2_sbr_opt1.jpg

banner3_sbr_opt1.jpg

home-video-thumb_view-opt.jpg

Infinity-Suite-hm03.jpg

Last edited:
My dad has been going to Hotel Sayeman in CXB since the 1980's as a young adult. It used to be owned by the Parjatan (Tourism) Corp.

In the late 2000's they built a new building, don't know if it still belongs to Parjatan. The old building looked like a two story Motel 6 of sorts. Apparently the pomfret fry dishes in those days were the bomb in their cafeteria. It is pretty close to the beach and doesn't look half bad, kind of like a seaside Malibu hotel with infinity pool.

But yeah - I get it about Parjatan staff and their hospitality training.....or rather, severe lack of it.

banner1_sbr_opt1.jpg

banner2_sbr_opt1.jpg

banner3_sbr_opt1.jpg

home-video-thumb_view-opt.jpg

Infinity-Suite-hm03.jpg
It is owned privately by Mosharraf Hossain's family.

Thanks. Good to know.

Kind of figured by looking at it - that Parjatan managers could not swing such interior décor, touristy features and standards.
If you want more such top quality options in Cox's Bazar- Raddisson Blu/Army Welfare Trust is constructing a new 5-star.
Seagull of course is an existing 5-star option.

If you want more such top quality options in Cox's Bazar- Raddisson Blu/Army Welfare Trust is constructing a new 5-star.
Seagull of course is an existing 5-star option.

Thanks! Good to know.

Radisson Blu will be another few levels up in classy digs, I'm game - up to say $300 a night, though that sounds outlandish for CXB.

Maybe I'm expecting US style competitive pricing....

looks like any random city in the subcontinent 🤷‍♂️

don't speak bengali, what was he surprised/impressed by ?

Any random Indian city? Like this?

iu

Or this?
iu

Naw - nothing to be impressed by.

I am sure even slums in India are better than Gulshan.

Jhupar patty and Andhee gully bhakts talking big.

Tell your illegal Indians not to come to Bangladesh then.

Indian visitors are impressed by Cox"s Bazar's recreational facilities. In reality, I am too. These recreations were absent in BD before and I enjoyed many such things after coming to Japan, in Thailand, and Malaysia.

Now, BD has built many different recreational facilities that the locals and foreign tourists both can enjoy. Does @Destranator like Cox's Bazar? Maybe he likes only to count his money every hour.

Last edited:
Dhaka surprises Indian visitors

Great , every Indian should visit Bangladesh .

Any random Indian city? Like this?

iu

Or this?
iu

Naw - nothing to be impressed by.

I am sure even slums in India are better than Gulshan.

Jhupar patty and Andhee gully bhakts talking big.

Tell your illegal Indians not to come to Bangladesh then.
We are getting 20 billion dollars annually from Bangladesh .

Guys I do not think this is just for "likes".

You could also get the same "likes" by saying the opposite.

A lot of Indians have this idea that BD is a lot poorer than India and it lacks the same kind of infrastructure as Indian cities and so the visitors were probably a little surprised when they got to Dhaka.

BD wants more Indian visitors and if this gets more Indians visiting BD, then so much the better!

Guys I do not think this is just for "likes".

You could also get the same "likes" by saying the opposite.

A lot of Indians have this idea that BD is a lot poorer than India and it lacks the same kind of infrastructure as Indian cities and so the visitors were probably a little surprised when they got to Dhaka.

BD wants more Indian visitors and if this gets more Indians visiting BD, then so much the better!

Bangladesh is the 2nd largest economic power in South Asia.. More Pakistani's should visit Bangladesh aswell - so that they can learn the error of their ways and how the Pakistani Army has destroyed the economic future of Pakistan ...

The political manipulating by the Pakistan Army and recurring economic instability it has caused is there to see when you consider where Pakistan and Bangladesh and Pakistan were economically in 1971 and where they are now.

Wow! Bangladeshis feel so elated that a slum dog millionaire from India is impressed by the only clean area in the other big slum called Dhaka. This is the same type of slave mentality the people from the subcontinent had about the Europeans, the Bangladeshis have now taken it to a new level. For them Indians are the new masters.

Some Indian and Pakistani YouTubers live off pandering to emotional Bangladeshis for monetised views.
They have to know and speak bangla for BD viewers. They are neither good in English or Urdu.
It is hard to find any news about BD in English. PDF is my default news outlet. Here too they post bangla content without translation.

Organized Travel in BD compared to India is almost non existent. Any Indian state has better Tourism site than BD govt. Try West Bengal tourism site. Its fantastic. Even hotels are reasonable.
Biggest problem in BD tourism. Hotels, Food, transport for tourists are not value for money.
For example for a family room in Radison Blu in CHT will cost you around 15K INR. Same quality hotel will cost you less than 5K INR in visakhapatnam (I will call it as sister city of CHT, Same natural beauty)

Than He'd probably die of heart attack in anyother half decent city of south Asia forget the world

Last edited:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom