What's new

Developments and Turkish operations in Libya

Getting the airbase is a matter of utmost urgency. And Turkey needs to establish itself in the base as soon its available. No more being politically correct nor waiting for international communities endorsement.

Eventually they will have to agree to surrender the base. They are currently under siege in the middle of the desert with nowhere to go. They are totally screwed. Soon they will have no fuel. Generators will run dry. No lights, then no food, no ammo. Maybe 60 km to the nearest safe town and they will never make it there. I don't think they will airlift anyone out because there will be some form of stinger nearby. In years to come they will make a movie about it.

Different maps, not sure which one is correct

Screenshot_20200513-232307_Chrome.jpg

killing 10+ a day is nice number I wonder how much will haftar resist with these big losses before eventually realizing that he may end up without army if he doesn’t pull out of western Libya
You fail to understand that numbers like that means nothing to Haftar, Only when you erase Wagnar mercs and Haftars son will you get any real reaction. The tribes are unto themselves.

Arabs like UAE don't fight their own wars. So when you hit them hard they shit themselves silly.

I think the war for Libya is a semi-war for freeing them from Tribal mentality.

You fail to understand that numbers like that means nothing to Haftar, Only when you erase Wagnar mercs and Haftars son will you get any real reaction. The tribes are unto themselves.

Arabs like UAE don't fight their own wars. So when you hit them hard they shit themselves silly.

I think the war for Libya is a semi-war for freeing them from Tribal mentality.

They said the libyan civil war is a ethnic or racial one as you have Turks, Berbers and Arabs all pitted against each other.

I see it as Tribe mentality vs. modern thinking.

Modern world cant get rid of tribalism even if tribalism is eliminated we still praise families and where they come from.

West largely eliminated it due to nationalism. Tribalism is rife among the Islamic World, Africa and parts of Asia due to the failure of the concept in Western nation building.

You cant keep so many tribes or ethnoc groups into one state this is why so many of those countries are plagued with war or separatism.

Ottomans largely eliminated tribalism due to the tanziminat reforms also taking power away from feudal lords hence why you had Muslim and Christian tribal lords rebelling like crazy.

As much we lost our empire in the long term it worked. Hence why Turkey is largely united. Tribalism mainly exists among kurds then again once they go to more urban centres they seem to throw of their tribal links.

Tribalism of some sort does exist even if its not bad in Turkey or the West compared to the Islamic World or Africa.

Back
Top Bottom