What's new

Developed cancer drug for 'western patients' who could afford, not 'for Indians': Bayer's CEO

I do not care about Bayer's profitability. Not at the expense of Indian lives. Hence no contradiction.

There is nothing wrong in exploiting others for the benefit of our own people. In fact I would like Bayer to invest all it's profit back into the R&D so that it can produce more life saving drugs for us to copy.
Yeah...It is called 'communism', particularly 'From each according to his ability.' part. See how well that worked out?

I do not care about Bayer's profitability. Not at the expense of Indian lives. Hence no contradiction.

There is nothing wrong in exploiting others for the benefit of our own people. In fact I would like Bayer to invest all it's profit back into the R&D so that it can produce more life saving drugs for us to copy.

good to know, that means we can exploit your people to death for our profit. thanks for clearing that up.

wait, we already do that. lol

maybe another bhopal is needed to teach some lessons i guess.

Why are you guys even discussing with this douchebag? He has bulked up his body but unfortunately his brain remained 10 years old.

The argument is regarding your apathy towards the companies finances. Because the money for R&D, which is huge, comes from overcharging the medicines.

To make you more aware of the Indian stance, India only forbid the company from extending its patent, under the guise of new drug which it wasn't. While the original patent lasted, company sold it by its own policies.

good to know, that means we can exploit your people to death for our profit. thanks for clearing that up.

wait, we already do that. lol

No you cannot exploit our people for profit, we are talking about Indians here. That is immoral and inhumane. Indian lives are precious. Service to Indians is service to humanity.

Why are you guys even discussing with this douchebag? He has bulked up his body but unfortunately his brain remained 10 years old.

nice...personal insults now. How mature.

Here s the deal. Setup R&D in Europe. Test it on Europeans, manufacture the same in Europe And when you cannot afford the drug, dont come crying.
Bad argument. A lot of cutting-edge drugs are developed and tested in Western countries. We will be able to pay for it.

The argument is regarding your apathy towards the companies finances. Because the money for R&D, which is huge, comes from overcharging the medicines.

To make you more aware of the Indian stance, India only forbid the company from extending its patent, under the guise of new drug which it wasn't. While the original patent lasted, company sold it by its own policies.

Bayer is not an Indian company. Hence we do not need to care.

No you cannot exploit our people for profit, we are talking about Indians here. That is immoral and inhumane. Indian lives are precious. Service to Indians is service to humanity.

lol you do know we make tests on poor indians for an egg and an apple? Use them as slave workers and pump evry untested drug into them for clinical tests?

Bad argument. A lot of cutting-edge drugs are developed and tested in Western countries. We will be able to pay for it.

You will be surprised by the amount of under the radar testing the pharma companies do in India. My argument for this particular case is what kloitra has already pointed out. The rest is for Markuss and wasting his time.

lol you do know we make tests on poor indians for an egg and an apple? Use them as slave workers and pump evry untested drug into them for clinical tests?

aah yes, we are aware of that...thats why we are pumping your country's marines in our courts and all you can do is bleat :P

please
Then do not complain WHEN companies starts to leave India.

Please do read what the actual case is. Which is what kloitra has already pointed out.

That is completely inhumane. Is that how you treat Human beings? You are doing to us what Hitler did to Jews.

Please do read what the actual case is. Which is what kloitra has already pointed out.
I have...

So how much profit will Natco Pharma make from Indians? Do you think NP will give the drug to Indians for free? NP must pay Bayer %6 for royalty, so if NP must charge Indians even that %6 in order to pay Bayer the royalty, is that not immoral under the current arguments we see here?

Back
Top Bottom