What's new

Despite row, plan to buy 100 Tatra trucks

Already mentioned Many in my first post.

Just to add few more These trucks have massive issues in Dessert.

Spate parts take too long to come often counterfeits. We were never happy using them, 8X8 versions have no Indian equivalent still. This Truck is with us since 88 if not wrong, inspite of so many GSQs still comes in Left Hand Drive version.

Fuel Guzzler whit Better options available at cheaper rate

TATRA 4X4 and 6X6 are extensively used from carrying Tanks to Missile regiments using for SBRMs GearBox gets easily choked with Sand, its suspension needs heavy repair Czech spare parts take too long to arrive check Basewwork shops how many are still in need of repair.

Its like saying MIG 29B/MIG 29UB is an excellent aircraft but check with Airforce maintenance crew how poor serviceability issues were with RD 33 Series - I engine, Any at given time 30 % of the fleet was under preventative maintenance, ask IAF AELs on Radar serviceability issues. But over all to give face saving we used to say its a Dam Good Aircraft.

Not Going to waste any more time on this.

Already mentioned Many in my first post.

Just to add few more These trucks have massive issues in Dessert.

Spate parts take too long to come often counterfeits. We were never happy using them, 8X8 versions have no Indian equivalent still. This Truck is with us since 88 if not wrong, inspite of so many GSQs still comes in Left Hand Drive version.

Fuel Guzzler whit Better options available at cheaper rate

TATRA 4X4 and 6X6 are extensively used from carrying Tanks to Missile regiments using for SBRMs GearBox gets easily choked with Sand, its suspension needs heavy repair Czech spare parts take too long to arrive check Basewwork shops how many are still in need of repair.

Its like saying MIG 29B/MIG 29UB is an excellent aircraft but check with Airforce maintenance crew how poor serviceability issues were with RD 33 Series - I engine, Any at given time 30 % of the fleet was under preventative maintenance, ask IAF AELs on Radar serviceability issues. But over all to give face saving we used to say its a Dam Good Aircraft.

Not Going to waste any more time on this.
Proof of these please.

This is why India is nowhere near being a superpower. Superpowers don't need to import trucks.

India still has a long way to go in building up its military industrial capability.

When our Ex Army chief has himself said that Tatra trucks are obsolete, then we don't need anyone else's opinion about these trucks.

When our Ex Army chief has himself said that Tatra trucks are obsolete, then we don't need anyone else's opinion about these trucks.

He said that? I thought he was only pissed at the deal, not the trucks.

He said that? I thought he was only pissed at the deal, not the trucks.
Isnt that obvious that he was pissed at the deal becoz trucks were not upto the mark.. If trucks were good he wouldnt have had any problem.
Technology in Tatra trucks 'outdated': MoD-CBI team - Indian Express Mobile
Hindustan Times e-Paper

Then how will you explain TATRA being used in many armed forces including KSA, Israel & Australia.

Nobody is saying TATRA is a bad company, offcourse they produce world class trucks, the problem is with the particular trucks that they have been/are supplying to Indian military.

Isnt that obvious that he was pissed at the deal becoz trucks were not upto the mark.. If trucks were good he wouldnt have had any problem.
Technology in Tatra trucks 'outdated': MoD-CBI team - Indian Express Mobile
Hindustan Times e-Paper

He was pissed off at TATRA bcs BEML was scamming the Army by overcharging, they didn't kept the promise of indigenisation and above all still being made Left hand Drive.

As for the MoD-CBI team news report..there is one instance where its written

an “obsolete technology” was being used for manufacturing Tatra trucks

& the says that

The technology used in these trucks is ‘obsolete’

There is a difference b/n the two.

Nobody is saying TATRA is a bad company, offcourse they produce world class trucks, the problem is with the particular trucks that they have been/are supplying to Indian military.

Actually people are making it sound it is and IA is being supplied with bad trucks. I believe TATRA doesn't have a separate production line for India. All armies are being supplied from the same line, its just that we suck royally. Can't blame the truck for our incompetence.

He was pissed off at TATRA bcs BEML was scamming the Army by overcharging, they didn't kept the promise of indigenisation and above all still being made Left hand Drive.
These two were just two points of out of the reasons that made him come out in public and denounce these trucks, the trucks manufactured were outdated, and this reason is strong enough to not select TATRA.

As for the MoD-CBI team news report..there is one instance where its written

& the says that

There is a difference b/n the two.
honestly im not getting ure point, trucks were/are outdated/obselete, so why should we select them ?

Actually people are making it sound it is and IA is being supplied with bad trucks. I believe TATRA doesn't have a separate production line for India. All armies are being supplied from the same line, its just that we suck royally. Can't blame the truck for our incompetence.
I have no idea about that. but I believe if even our armed forces are not happy with the truck, then there's no point going for it, just becz we think other countries are using the same trucks.

TATA's are good trucks but still there maybe certain application where they could only use TATRA's because they are more powerful.
4bee6a6b7da44b0288cead8.png

BEML-TATRA T815 VTI 8x8 - TANK TRANSPORTER
6a1fccceb578439fb75ad45.png

Payload - 16t

BEML-TATRA T815 VTI 8x8 - TANK TRANSPORTER
cfba0654680a4054942e72e.png

Payload - 25t

Modern TATRA Military Vehicles.

Funny part is TATRA trucks are delivered with a right hand drive to IA while the rest of india is a left hand drive,

someone is making loads of money in these transactions.

Funny part is TATRA trucks are delivered with a right hand drive to IA while the rest of india is a left hand drive,

Lol.. i think india is a right hand drive...

On topic.. the top brass and bureaucrats make alot of money in such episodes... in Pakistan... Yasoob was dumped for german and american trucks.... despite i being more economic,strong,comfortable and more load capacity...I hear alot of money was pocketed in those deals... here is a pic:
335fvyf.jpg

Only 400 trucks in service....

A newer 8x8s or more powered n wheeled trucks production was terminated..

what are the other alternative options available in international market apart from TATRA

Majority of trucks in India are right hand drive.As a matter of fact Left hand drive cannot be sold commercially in India.Dont give Junk facts.

Well he was involved in analizing the TATA trucks which lost out to TATRA so we can't say he necessarily had a neutral point of view.Besides i wonder why he refused to put in on paper.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom