What's new

Tata Motors offers vehicles to replace Tatra trucks

TATA has grown a lot in terms of technology and reliability after the takeover of Daewoo Commercial Vehicle Company.

Even the AMW's are badass :devil:

8bZHd.jpg

y3Zjl.jpg

New Delhi: India's third largest heavy commercial vehicle manufacturer Asia MotorWorks (AMW) unveiled its new range of military vehicles called 'AMW Defence' at the 6th International Land and Naval Systems Exhibition, also called the Defence Expo 2012. The show began today at Pragati Maidan in New Delhi and will run till April 1, 2012.

The 'AMW Defence' range on display at the show includes a 4X4 General Service / Logistics truck, which can be offered with engines ranging from 180bhp to 270bhp. It offers greater mobility over difficult terrain and has a permanent all-wheel drive system for improved traction. In addition, its tilt-able cabin is air-conditioned to enhance comfort.

The second vehicle on display is a Firefighting Truck which meets stringent defence specifications. This vehicle has been developed to control any fire incidence at vital installations and can be offered with engine options ranging from 180bhp to 270bhp.

Finally, AMW is also showing a 6X4 Heavy Duty Recovery Vehicle, which would also be available in 6X6 configuration. This vehicle offers a state of the art hydraulic recovery solution to the Armed Forces. Its unique features include an under-lift and move operation, lighter mounted equipment with high lift capacity and a 210 degree rotation for ease of recovery in challenging terrain.

AMW has decided to enter the military trucks market in India given the growing demand for defence vehicles in the country. The Indian Army, which is the third largest in the world currently has a fleet of more than 150,000 vehicles and buys around 7,000 new trucks every year. The 'AMW Defence' range which was developed over a two year period would be made at the company's Bhuj plant.

The AMW team that developed the new range of military vehicles is led by John Begg, who has extensive experience in both Europe and Asia in the development of military vehicles including logistics vehicles and armoured vehicles.

AMW is keen on participating in various vehicle programs for the Indian Defence Forces and has the necessary infrastructure at its Bhuj plant, including facilities for product manufacturing, testing and prototyping of bespoke vehicle applications.

Last edited by a moderator:
no affence but the logo of this big truck looks similar to one of ours .
20071017102033564.jpg

Can you link something to above vehicle. Look too good to be Chinese ;) surprise me. If you can add specifications it would be great. I like it

Can you link something to above vehicle. Look too good to be Chinese ;) surprise me. If you can add specifications it would be great. I like it

too good to be chinese??? it is just a low-end product of a small brand,please......

too good to be chinese??? it is just a low-end product of a small brand,please......

I said surprise me :D
If true You are bad at marketing

all I know about Chinese cars is

552225_503236313025445_1028378462_n.jpg

And seriously I am NOT trolling.
That car look good. Do you have any site or link that will show good quality Chinese cars

whether they are producing a world class performance trucks or not,but we have to give an oppurtunity to our indian sectors, then only our country will produce advance indigenous products in someday. so we have to give a chnce to tata.

it is Changfeng CT5, 110,000-160,000 RMB
the main consumers of it are farmers.

That car look good. Do you have any site or link that will show good quality Chinese cars

not sure if it is a Chinese car, even if it is ,not bad at all.

if you have some basic knowlege about design of civilian cars, you should know that the bumper is not the harder the better. it should have a moderate stiffness that can give good buffer to those in the car.however, military vehicles should be much harder to keep work after some impacts.

maybe you think a car should be much strongger than a bike,not accurate.a car can withstand much bigger force ,but not stress in certain parts. if the car is a benz or bmw, its bumper would be shown the same. one reason is what i gave above, the other reason is the wheel is a perfect mechanical structure,it can withstand very great force in the radial .

so i bet even a super car impacts a junk bike, given the force same in direction and magnitude,the results are similar.

if you have some basic knowlege about design of civilian cars, you should know that the bumper is not the harder the better. it should have a moderate stiffness that can give good buffer to those in the car.however, military vehicles should be much harder to keep work after some impacts.

maybe you think a car should be much strongger than a bike,not accurate.a car can withstand much bigger force ,but not stress in certain parts. if the car is a benz or bmw, its bumper would be shown the same. one reason is what i gave above, the other reason is the wheel is a perfect mechanical structure,it can withstand very great force in the radial .

so i bet even a super car impacts a junk bike, given the force same in direction and magnitude,the results are similar.

It was joke brother u don't counter jokes with scientific explanations.

Hope u got the point....:)

It was joke brother u don't counter jokes with scientific explanations.

Hope u got the point....:)

i know he is joking. but i think first reaction of almost everyone is that GOOD BIKE vs. BAD CAR. so i explain it to the members who are misleaded.

552225_503236313025445_1028378462_n.jpg

That's actually a "Chevrolet SAIL vs a Chinese bicycle" !! :lol:

it is Changfeng CT5, 110,000-160,000 RMB
the main consumers of it are farmers.

Bro if you look at the pic. it is just a bycle.... if a car hit a bycle it should flew in air along with man..... look at the impact on car... we can expect some dent but this is so funny.... I thought Nano only have this kinda features....

Back
Top Bottom