What's new

Desperately seeking speedy internet: Pakistan ranks 172 globally in download speed

the free usage policy / true unlimited download like 300gb ptcl broadband is the only option available

Log in to your router and check SNR and attenuation values. If Copper line is to be blamed, check with the nearest exchange if there is fiber setup in your area. Put a request in exchange, usually it takes 7-10 working days but if lineman is your acquaintance, you could install stub fiber setup within 2 days.

Thanks man will check, Baharia exchange is closer to me about 15 minutes but I think they would not install fiber lines unless PTCL allows it in the entire Baharia or Phase/Sector, independently upon request I highly doubt. I got download speeds of 3.83mb earlier yet the videos/steaming is worst I remember when I came in 2012 I got 1mb package and it as much better really in Hayatabad Peshawar and I am pretty sure there were copper lines.

the free usage policy / true unlimited download like 300gb ptcl broadband is the only option available

on 4MB the max is 350GB [without charges] above that user would pay 5000/- so I call it sort of free below 350GB. My monthly usage since last month and 1st bill was around 48GB but I know if video/steaming problems are solved I can go as much as 200GB lolz.

If PTCL can't fix 2mb/4mb i doubt they are capable to fix 8mb and above connections.

What happened to the fibre optic line being laid with China help throughout Pakistan.

Back
Top Bottom