What's new

Desi Corner!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bombay is a different entity, and in my opinion, cannot be compared to Bangalore, or any of our country's more recent success stories wrt burgeoning urban growth. My home city has always been cosmopolitan, and inclusive, well before the others, and well before independence, as we all know. Most successful businesses here are non-Maharashtrian owned and run. This might be rather simplistic, but the fact that you don't need to speak the state language Marathi to be able to live and work here comfortably, is quite telling IMO. Pune on the other hand, is far more reflective of Maharashtrian culture than Bombay could ever be.

You implying that Cochin is not an old port with diversity of it's own?

:angry:

Kidding :-)

You implying that Cochin is not an old port with diversity of it's own?

:angry:

Kidding :-)

It's quite Malayali, though, is it not? By the way, I wish I could live in Kerala for a couple of months each year - those guys down there are seriously blessed!

It's quite Malayali, though, is it not? By the way, I wish I could live in Kerala for a couple of months each year - those guys down there are seriously blessed!

I don't think so. why do we escape in our millions each year then :(

I don't think so. why do we escape in our millions each year then :(

I feel bad for those who have to move to disgusting Arab/desert lands to earn a living, but if one has a stunning beach house/backwater-side home, with staff, lots of good food, and quick airport connectivity, Kerala is ideal! I wish I had a home in Kumarakom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom