What's new

Desert Tactical Arms, pulled out of a $15 Million Pakistani Sniper rifles order

Dear Imran, In today's newspaper (Khabrain, Multan) Foreign Office of Pakistan said that US has not closed the contract with Pakistan to provide guns. I just read this and asking you for confirmation. It was mentioned that they did not receive any information regarding this.
its not US gov sir its private firm so may be we got from another firm its not big issue .

Attachments

• 1-4-2014_20362_1.jpg
    1-4-2014_20362_1.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 81
Very.. Btw.. you NZ folks dont have oil do ya?

There were oil explorations made off our coast, but don't know what happened.

The big mines that we have of are of the gold variety.

New Zealand's big income drawers are still tourism, dairy and meat exports.

All hail Peter Jackson for our tourism.

a failed attempt at face-saving, if i may say

i am fairly well in-the-know about the sniper tender that is ongoing (and has been ongoing for some time); i even have insiders from Pakistan who are liasoning with the Turks. I wont go into details so dont even ask.

the reality is that this company (which i never even heard of; never saw their presence at IDEF or IDEX or IDEAS or any other major defense expos) -- they didnt even make it to trials! There are other American, German, Turkish and Serbian companies that are still part of the trials process.

interesting and very cute publicity stunt...i left a nice message for Desert Tech on their facebook page (i got a good laugh out of that too)

so much for "morality" :laugh:

If I am not wrong sales through FMS has limited (probably 1 or 2) suppliers for any given product, so any denial of sale by the supplier means the sale through FMS is closed, secondly it's talking about "sponsoring" - that means it's free or paid in kind, if PA goes for alternatives then it has to pay for it in full.

these tenders are being paid in full through MoD budget

whoever believes otherwise is sadly mistaken...its not even up for argument

a failed attempt at face-saving, if i may say

i am fairly well in-the-know about the sniper tender that is ongoing (and has been ongoing for some time); i even have insiders from Pakistan who are liasoning with the Turks. I wont go into details so dont even ask.

the reality is that this company (which i never even heard of; never saw their presence at IDEF or IDEX or IDEAS or any other major defense expos) -- they didnt even make it to trials! There are other American, German, Turkish and Serbian companies that are still part of the trials process.

interesting and very cute publicity stunt...i left a nice message for Desert Tech on their facebook page (i got a good laugh out of that too)

so much for "morality" :laugh:

these tenders are being paid in full through MoD budget

whoever believes otherwise is sadly mistaken...its not even up for argument

I have no idea about the deal - I was merely going by what's mentioned in the article "sponsor", "sale through FMS".

POF should have started doing JV with Germany on small arms along with other needed shells and rounds.

For what it is worth (and not wishing to offend DTA) this seems a non-story. As some of you may know, there
is an ongoing trial of this equipment in Pakistan going at this moment in time. Among the companies is at least one very
respected US Small Arms manufacturer. As it happens (again without breaching any confidences) they have actually
performed really well, and their shooting team is very impressive. (We rather wish that they had not done so well!)
All this anti-Muslim rhetoric simply shows a combination of ignorance and fear of something different. Of course Pakistan
sees the world from a different perspective to that of most Western countries, and that is their privilege. Extremists on either side are the problem. An intelligent dialogue and respect for different cultural values is what is required. As to Small Arms sales to Pakistan, it is fanciful to pretend that all these potential sales do not have to be approved by their respective governments. If you want the privilege of supplying equipment to Pakistan, then focus on providing quality, value and service. The rest is just clutter
on the airwaves!

For what it is worth (and not wishing to offend DTA) this seems a non-story. As some of you may know, there
is an ongoing trial of this equipment in Pakistan going at this moment in time. Among the companies is at least one very
respected US Small Arms manufacturer. As it happens (again without breaching any confidences) they have actually
performed really well, and their shooting team is very impressive. (We rather wish that they had not done so well!)
All this anti-Muslim rhetoric simply shows a combination of ignorance and fear of something different. Of course Pakistan
sees the world from a different perspective to that of most Western countries, and that is their privilege. Extremists on either side are the problem. An intelligent dialogue and respect for different cultural values is what is required. As to Small Arms sales to Pakistan, it is fanciful to pretend that all these potential sales do not have to be approved by their respective governments. If you want the privilege of supplying equipment to Pakistan, then focus on providing quality, value and service. The rest is just clutter
on the airwaves!

Thanks for your valueable input.

Sniper business is taking off in Pakistan due to these reasons.

* New counter insurgency doctrine introduced and implimented by Pakistan Army, in the wake of 'operation black thunderstorm', 'opeation rah-i-nijat and 'operation rah e rast'.

New strategy calls for a multi teir Special Operations apparatus to be employed in the field. This is where Sniper rifles, DM rifles and long range high powered rifles come in.

* Inspired from that, Army has opened up a new training program and a dedicated school to produce qualified precision shooters who then are planned to be embedded in every unit of the Army.

* Renewed focus on urban warfare, which requires precision shooting to support the SWAT teams.

Due to these factors a requirement for Sniper rifles was placed. We have to fight this war long after Americans and NATO is gone, so our requirements are long term.

I personally wish that Cheytac wins the tender. Then there is the Barret which sold us snipers before, Accuracy International, RPA, Styer, Tikka, Bretta and Turkish MKEK Bora.

We have to get what we need, idiots at DTA is going to regret pulling 'Miley Cyrus' on us.

Peace

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom