What's new

Desert Tactical Arms, pulled out of a $15 Million Pakistani Sniper rifles order

Imran Khan

PDF VETERAN
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
desert technical arms cancelled pakistani sniper order of 10mn$ . company said it can be used against US forces .

company's CEO massage

In 2013 we faced a moral dilemma that I wanted to get some opinions on. The current US administration is sponsoring FMS arms sales to Pakistan forces. In 2013 We had been approached with a multi-million dollar opportunity to legally supply sniper systems to Pakistan. I was never in the armed services but we employ several military veterans. Our greatest fear was that our equipment might be used against US troops. I started this company to protect Americans not endanger them. In consulting with other arms companies the general responses I got was, if they don't buy it from you, then they will get it somewhere else, or money is money. After much internal review we elected not to sell to Pakistan. I wanted to throw this out to our military friends to see if our concern was legitimate and hear your thoughts on it.

Thanks

Nick Young

they made two type of snipers

DTA SRS-A1 Rifle Chassis
DTA HTI Rifle Chassis

and then there are other US firms, and the German, the Swiss, French, British and Turkish firms...
they just made two type of guns sir already pakstan has many other type and sure will have much more .

desert technical arms cancelled pakistani sniper order of 10mn$ . company said it can be used against US forces .

company's CEO massage

In 2013 we faced a moral dilemma that I wanted to get some opinions on. The current US administration is sponsoring FMS arms sales to Pakistan forces. In 2013 We had been approached with a multi-million dollar opportunity to legally supply sniper systems to Pakistan. I was never in the armed services but we employ several military veterans. Our greatest fear was that our equipment might be used against US troops. I started this company to protect Americans not endanger them. In consulting with other arms companies the general responses I got was, if they don't buy it from you, then they will get it somewhere else, or money is money. After much internal review we elected not to sell to Pakistan. I wanted to throw this out to our military friends to see if our concern was legitimate and hear your thoughts on it.

Thanks

Nick Young

they made two type of snipers

DTA SRS-A1 Rifle Chassis
DTA HTI Rifle Chassis
:tdown: shame... some one should ask the CEO if they have morals they should stop making arms instead start some other company. Every now and then we see some american mad men holding US made guns, shooting down the fellow citizens and children. Its a shame they accept Pakistan as their front end alloy in WAR on terror :angry: Their Economy runs on bloodshed in entire word and they are showing morals for sale of weapons to an alloy in need.

:tdown: shame... some one should ask the CEO if they have morals they should stop making arms instead start some other company. Every now and then we see some american mad men holding US made guns, shooting down the fellow citizens and children. Its a shame they accept Pakistan as their front end alloy in WAR on terror :angry: Their Economy runs on bloodshed in entire word and they are showing morals for sale of weapons to an alloy in need.

man he play this trick to gain popularity otherwise you me and everyone know Pakistani forces use too much MADE IN USA weapons .kya nhi hai made in usa ?

There is a serbian alternative that has already rcvd tender requests

Why Pakistan can't produce this locally? If we can produce than why we are giving orders to foreign companies?

There is a serbian alternative that has already rcvd tender requests

The current US administration is sponsoring FMS arms sales to Pakistan forces. In 2013 We had been approached with a multi-million dollar opportunity to legally supply sniper systems to Pakistan.

If I am not wrong sales through FMS has limited (probably 1 or 2) suppliers for any given product, so any denial of sale by the supplier means the sale through FMS is closed, secondly it's talking about "sponsoring" - that means it's free or paid in kind, if PA goes for alternatives then it has to pay for it in full.

Back
Top Bottom