What's new

Desecration of Sikh holy book: Trust seeks action against Hindu culprits.

It seems like a misunderstanding being fanned by vested groups.

Initially there was no report about pages being torn, but now the rumor mill is churning out newer controversies. How can the people who keep the Geeta and the Guru Granth Sahib in the same temple desecrate it?

Looks like someone is trying to flare up a communal issue but when I see pictures of a few Pakstani temples they have both pictures of Guru Nanak along with Hindu deities. Anyway this is a petty matter there is bigger problems in the world than this and no Sikh will be losing sleep over this.

We appreciate you guys naming Panja Sahib as a Sikh holy city

Why not.. if that makes you happy!

Pakistan is a hospitable nation, and you are welcome.... I have been to Panja Sahib and visited various asthans.

BTW ironic that Pakistani Hindus Trust is demanding action against hindus who may have desecrated Sikh religious book in Pakistan, Pakistani government is ignoring the demand and is busy naming roads and monuments after invaders who desecrated Hindu, Sikh, Jain and Buddhist places of worship.

And a Pakistani poster creates a thread under a regional forum to highlight the ''intolerance'' of Hindooooss!!!

Exactly Hindus are doing what needs to be done ..... Kudos to Hindu Sewa samiti ...... :cheers:

Why not.. if that makes you happy!

Pakistan is a hospitable nation, and you are welcome.... I have been to Panja Sahib and visited various asthans.

Thanks it is every Sikhs dream to visit Pakistan and see Panja Sahib and other holy sites, here in UK I know so many I speak to want to go least once in their lifetime.

Let this be a lesson for all liberals crying about Hindus in Pakistan

Difference between pakistan and India- systematic discrimination vs a society aiming to be secular. If you are satisfied with these inane examples of relegious 'freedoms' I think you're really off the mark.

What after 400 years it was decided to settle the dispute....some way of going about it.
The minorities issue in Pakistan is indeed concerning but pray we didn't have anything like the Punjab massacre or the Gujarat genocide.

It's not 'concerning', it's alarming. Your stats are very very scary

Let this be a lesson for all liberals crying about Hindus in Pakistan

This maybe off topic. In the span of year or 2, before the Hindus started to put up a drama in Pakistan. There was a youtube channel of Pakistani Hindus, it was bitter in its tone towards Muslims, as description of that youtube channel said to Muslims, to leave Islam, and worship idols . Also some other typical subtle venom.

After a little time, I saw report of Hindus doing Eid Midladun Nabi with Muslims / Mullahs, in Karachi. ( As they say, Bugal may chori mo may ram ram)

After that, the Hindus kina became vocal in Media as they started doing dramas like, they are unsatisfied in Pakistan and want to leave Pakistan for India. The Indian media gave a lot of coverage to that.

Then the exodus of Muslim in India happened, as hundred thousands of Muslims became panicked and started to leave the eastern states of India in fear of another gujrate style Genocide. That Muslim exodus was blamed on ISI for some reason. ( Shows their real mentality)

And now this Happened. I think the Hindu community might have connections with the Indian government, or other organizations in India, to stir trouble in Pakistan or at least try to malign Pakistan in the media....of Indians... I guess..

Our ISI agencies need to investigate in to this matter...I hope they are not sleeping..

They are as much part of Pakistan as you are :)

Ah, I misread and misunderstood the article. I understand it now. Thanks.

In that case, then it is the responsibility of the Pakistan state to intervene, as it is taking place in the territory of Pakistan.

You can Burn Our Holly Book Guru Granth Sahib but cannot burn the teachings and ideologies of Our Gurus. I hope Pakistan Government will take an apt action against the culprits. :pakistan: :cray:

A TRUE HINDU CAN NOT HURT A SIKH BECAUSE HINDUS CONSIDER GURU NANAK AS AN AVTAAR OF LORD SHIVA. :no:

Then the exodus of Muslim in India happened, as hundred thousands of Muslims became panicked and started to leave the eastern states of India in fear of another gujrate style Genocide. That Muslim exodus was blamed on ISI for some reason. ( Shows their real mentality)

Forever victim, ill informed and proud.

You can Burn Our Holly Book Guru Granth Sahib but cannot burn the teachings and ideologies of Our Gurus. I hope Pakistan Government will take an apt action against the culprits. :pakistan: :cray:

No one burnt it, don't follow the planted rumours.

SHIKARPUR/KARACHI: A huge rift over the alleged desecration of a holy book was averted in Shikarpur after two groups belonging to the Hindu and Sikh minorities reached a compromise.

However, the Sikhs, who are a smaller minority in Shikarpur, reported being threatened by local Hindus in the area.

The incident caused an uproar after Sikh students shared pictures of a recently held four-day mela (festival) in Jai Samadha Ashram in Shikarpur where the head of the Hindu temple was seen holding the Guru Granth Sahib (Holy book of Sikhs) bare-headed.

But in others, he was photographed drawing signs and symbols on the holy book.

The temple, housing both Geeta and Guru Granth Sahib for decades, is the most frequented place of worship for both religious communities.

Read more: http://www.themuslimtimes.org/2013/...causes-uproar-in-sikh-community#ixzz2Z1YzwPO6

Back
Top Bottom