What's new

Deployment of THAAD: News & Discussions

Wait...if it is useless against NK due to their missile strength...how could it be useful against China if China has better missile strength???
It's their radar system we are talking about, the radar can spy deep into Chinese territory. So, protecting S.Korea is just a pretext. the real motive is at China, and Russia to a lesser extent,at S.Korea's disastrous expense.

It's their radar system we are talking about, the radar can spy deep into Chinese territory. So, protecting S.Korea is just a pretext. the real motive is at China, and Russia to a lesser extent,at S.Korea's disastrous expense.

ok...I can see that just the radars are the problem...but now you will have to admit the Russian talk about THAAD missiles in Europe as being a threat is a sham...it is only the radar they are worried about..just as the US has been saying all along.

g150913b.jpg

Ah not long ago the Chinese members on here reveled at how South Korea has joined the Chinese team.
:omghaha: You'll have to edit her out of all your parade film!

Estimates for strategic nuclear arsenal is anywhere from 6-16. I'd say a THAAD is credible for that amount unless North Korea shot all its nukes at 1 location, such as Seoul, at the same time.

Estimate for fissile material I've seen is equivalent to 14-48 nuclear capable weapons considering all stockpiles.

Estimates for strategic nuclear arsenal is anywhere from 6-16. I'd say a THAAD is credible for that amount unless North Korea shot all its nukes at 1 location, such as Seoul, at the same time.

Estimate for fissile material I've seen is equivalent to 14-48 nuclear capable weapons considering all stockpiles.
Seoul is so close to the demarcation line, they don't even need to use missiles to wipe it out. THAAD is just a pretext.

N Korea Ballistic missiles target Japan not S Korea.
N Korea do not need Ballistic missiles to attack S Korea. S Korea is just next door.
The THAAD system will help protect Japan. Not S Korea.

By installing THAAD in S Korea, S Korea is allowing its territory to be used by US military to threaten S Korea's neighbor, China and Russia. A very unfriendly act. How will that work out. Go figure.

It also will give US military a stronger grip on S Korea. How will that help S Korea? Go figure.

The N Korea problem is mainly a problem between N Korea and US.
China's policy on N Korea is all about stability. US policy on N Korea is regime change.
China's policy on NK is STABILITY... I wonder wer or hw u figured that.... China doesnt care two hoots abt stability in the korean peninsula all they care is that if they dont support kim thn eventually the two koreas will unite together nd the resulting country wont support the chinese...

China gonna be new Russia :o:, one thing is sure that China is not a new India to take habit to portray itself as victim of China either NSG, Gwadar, CPEC or string pearl issues:rofl:. And sure we want to be bullied in our neighborhood so we can take that as excuse to be more assertive :azn:
Still smarting frm nt getting enough support fr blocking India's NSG application,support fr chabahar port deal nd close Indian ties with ur neighbours....:haha::haha:

South Korea and Japan for the matter in reality have no choice. The US have them on blackmail with their press soldiers on stand by 24/7; any misbehavior and you can expect the US 'global/international' media to "expose" them, not different on how China is currently being 'exposed' by the 'international' media; corruption, human rights abuse, 'weird' cultural attributes, anything and everything to ruin your global image.

Those were offensive weapons, as in they could annihilate US cities on their own. These are defensive, they cant annihilate Chinese cities on their own.

US have also deployed offensive weapons with bordering nation of China and Russia. You forgot US deployed nukes in Turkey.

China should stop Chinese tourists going to South Korea.

Ditch the FTA talks and turn on selected economic screws on SK.

Isn't these what China can do?

No, that would not be wise move. Wiser move will be to have more Confidence Building Measures with SK to reduce tension and give them sense of security in region which will allow SK in reduction on military dependence on west specially US, resulting less or no foreign in SK.

That is why China must engage NK & SK and try to reduce tension in region keeping Russia in loop.

SK & Australia should be Chinese ally in the region it will be good for regional peace and prosperity. West should not be allowed to use regional differences to implement their agenda.

Its still difficult for me to comprehend why China has backed North Korea's Kim dynasty for so long to its obvious detriment, What is the risk calculation there?

Were they riding on the back of a starving wolf since the end of the cold war and worried that if they got off it would go rabid and generally make a shitshow of the region?

Is it so difficult to assassinate Kim Jong Un or do they genuinely believe South Korea can't be swayed for whatever reason and the check of North Korea is valuable for that purpose?

In this day and age the 'buffer zone' justification just sounds laughable given modern capabilities.
LOL ... i had said many times in PDF, China already lost control of North Korea coz they developing nuke is against China interests in Northeast Asia even threat safety of BeiJing. After Mao ZeDong inside CCP rest r inbreeding leaders without international strategy.

To get the most profits of North Korea, Kim can threaten Beijing using nuke as same as Nuclear armed China ever did to USSR in 1960s ... recent years Kim playing nuclear balance between China and U.S with his nuke toy, further if both Kim and U.S r smart, possible N.Korea can make friend with U.S (like China did in 1972 with U.S) to betray China. I think North Korea is more useful than Vietnam for U.S to against China, especially a nuclear armed Korea much closer to BeiJing.

Anyways nuclear armed North Korea & Kim family isn't trouble for U.S, N.Korea is BeiJing's biggest trouble in Northeast Asia. The U.S deploy THAAD in South Korea just accelerate the rift between China and N.Korea.

I do think there will be 2nd Korean War !

LOL ... i had said many times in PDF, China already lost control of North Korea coz they developing nuke is against China interests in Northeast Asia even threat safety of BeiJing. After Mao ZeDong inside CCP rest r inbreeding leaders without international strategy.

To get the most profits of North Korea, Kim can threaten Beijing using nuke as same as Nuclear armed China ever did to USSR in 1960s ... recent years Kim playing nuclear balance between China and U.S with his nuke toy, further if both Kim and U.S r smart, possible N.Korea can make friend with U.S (like China did in 1972 with U.S) to betray China. I think North Korea is more useful than Vietnam for U.S to against China, especially a nuclear armed Korea much closer to BeiJing.

Anyways nuclear armed North Korea & Kim family isn't trouble for U.S, N.Korea is BeiJing's biggest trouble in Northeast Asia. The U.S deploy THAAD in South Korea just accelerate the rift between China and N.Korea.

Quite correct analysis. NK is a bigger threat to China now. Having said that Kim's days are numbered really. If he goes to US he is toast and if he threatens China he is toast. If he joins US he is also threatening Russia.

What is it that he wants?

All of Chinese allies in NK are either dead or sidelined by young Kim. Insecure little tyrant is great danger to NE Asia.

Good analysis. China-NK relations seem to be on slippery slope. This new Kim is even bigger nutcase than one could imagine. Totally unpredictable. Will be interesting to see the response from various regional powers to this new development.

China should remove no-first-use nuclear policy and significantly increase the number of nuclear warheads.

China should also accelerate the development of HQ-19 (China's THAAD).

US uses Iran and North Korea as excuses to station missile defences against Russia and China. Russia and China are the only counterbalance against the US. The other countries are either puppets or too weak to pose any challenge to the US.

This isn't about North Korea. China is stupid if it thinks the US will remove its THAAD if North Korea have up its nukes.

US will station more of its missile defense against China. Just like it did against Russia.

Putin said recently these missile defences can be swapped with offensive missiles.

Back
Top Bottom