What's new

Democracy Wins!

Claim after claim without any substantiation - how has the SC trespassed beyond its constitutional role?

Part of its job is to interpret the constitution and apply it, and it has done so, as in the case of the NRO.

So where is this trespass?

LOL. It has trespassed by inciting journalists and lawyers to launch a slander campaign. Don't you read newspapers where many columinsts and reporters act as the representatives of CJ and get their cues from him. Accept the fact that CJ is a political leader.

BTW, I find it ironic that the PPP supporters and so called 'liberal commentators' are criticizing the SC in much the same manner in which the Musharraf supporters were criticizing the SC.

Back then it was the PPP and PML-N supporters sticking up for the SC and CJ and media for exposing corruption and unconstitutional acts - now that the PPP leadership is engaging in unconstitutional acts, these same people have turned into hypocrites and are bashing the SC for the sake of Zardari.

Liberal commentators have lost a great opportunity IMO to solidify themselves amongst the masses by standing up for what is right and condemning the unconstitutional actions of the PPP and Zardari. Instead, they chose to play politics and malign the SC for acting in accordance with the law and tried to link it to the 'military establishment' - a farcical claim as any given that these same judges and lawyers were responsible for throwing the military under Musharraf out of power in the first place.

Hypocrites.

These are the same classes of people, feudal landlords and the beaurecrats, polished by the British elites to serve their interests.

I for once do not expect an ounce of a good thing from these pathetic wolves in sheeps clothing.

They'll do anything to remain in power, sell their daughters, wives and mothers, for wealth and power and just to maintain their status quo.

Pakistanis do not need to support SC and why should they? SC should remain under its constitutional parameters that it has trespassed in recent years. Yes, parliamentarians are corrupt but that is what the fact is. People can reject them in next elections; that's democracy.

Kindly elaborate on the trespassing of the constitutional parameters by SC.

Yes vote is the constitutional right of the people of this country but it is obligatory upon the elected members to abide by their oath which is to take decisions according to the constitution of Pakistan.

Every sane person knows that CJ is a party. His whole restoration movement was a political movement, have you forgot that? He still uses lawyers as his party members.

People fail to understand that CJ is now political and has lost his impartiality.

And what will he get this time by implementing the constitution???

And if he previous stance was wrong then it means the current govt set up is also wrong and Musharraf rule was not against the constitution.

Which sane?

Long March wasnt a political movement.......every common person was on road. Plz accept wt majority and ofcourse senior members on this thread saying.

Were there 170 million people on road? People are worried about food and shelter, not the antics of CJ and Zardari.

I am sorry to say but only certain elements in Punjab are more interested in this whole CJ party. Sindhis, Mohajirs, Balochs and Pashtuns are no longer interested in this drama.

Were there 170 million people on road? People are worried about food and shelter, not the antics of CJ and Zardari.

I am sorry to say but only certain elements in Punjab are more interested in this whole CJ party. Sindhis, Mohajirs, Balochs and Pashtuns are no longer interested in this drama.

No doubt, there were

Kindly elaborate on the trespassing of the constitutional parameters by SC.

Yes vote is the constitutional right of the people of this country but it is obligatory upon the elected members to abide by their oath which is to take decisions according to the constitution of Pakistan.

Simple: sidestepping its constitutional role and forcing its decisions. Inciting mass movements through its cohorts and manipulating lawyers. Deciding in just an hour at late hours of night without even hearing the defendant's claims.

Parliament not just acts on the constitution but can also change it. That is what I am saying is that both Zardari and CJ should resign and parliament should change the constitution to adopt a transparent method of appointment.

LOL. It has trespassed by inciting journalists and lawyers to launch a slander campaign. Don't you read newspapers where many columinsts and reporters act as the representatives of CJ and get their cues from him. Accept the fact that CJ is a political leader.

Again, can you show me evidence that these lawyers and journalists were acting on the orders of the CJ?

The way I see it, they were reporting accurately on the unconstitutional actions of the PPP government.

Simple: sidestepping its constitutional role and forcing its decisions. Inciting mass movements through its cohorts and manipulating lawyers. Deciding in just an hour at late hours of night without even hearing the defendant's claims.

Parliament not just acts on the constitution but can also change it. That is what I am saying is that both Zardari and CJ should resign and parliament should change the constitution to adopt a transparent method of appointment.

Pakisatn hav only one hope, which is CJ and Judicary that can control over corruption and unjuctice & unlawful acts and ur asking for CJ resign.

Again, can you show me evidence that these lawyers and journalists were acting on the orders of the CJ?

The way I see it, they were reporting accurately on the unconstitutional actions of the PPP government.

The evidence is clearly visible in their reporting and op-ed piece. I guess you don't read Urdu press.

PPP is corrupt and there is no doubt in it but so is PML N. Why no one raise this issue?

The evidence is clearly visible in their reporting and op-ed piece. I guess you don't read Urdu press.

PPP is corrupt and there is no doubt in it but so is PML N. Why no one raise this issue?

Every poltical pary tht ever came in power is corrupt.....PPP names taised coz they are in power and still they are involved in huge corrupion

Pakisatn hav only one hope, which is CJ and Judicary that can control over corruption and unjuctice & unlawful acts and ur asking for CJ resign.

CJ is not Pakistan's hope. He will retire in three years even if he clung to his seat during all these years. It is in sustained democracy and independent judiciary (appointed by the parliament) or a revolution. The latter is not possible in Pakistan as there is no ethnic cohesion. Democracy therefore is the only chance.

Every poltical pary tht ever came in power is corrupt.....PPP names taised coz they are in power and still they are involved in huge corrupion

PML N is also in power in the largest province.

Anyone who believes PML-N is corrupt should file cases against them, be it PPP by it self, but if you don't file cases how can you prove them corrupt, and its not the job CJ to file cases against them, let that happen and then can we know if CJ is politicized.

I know for a fact that you're playing devil's advocate here to make your presence felt, you're resorting to trolling LOL

Before you shoot your mouth off more and litter this place, I want you do define these terms:

What is a Political Party? What are the requirements to it's formation?

Supreme Court. What is it? And what's it's role in a democratic state?

Here's a tricky one: Moral Standing. Define it in one line.

Bonus Question: + Do you think this forum is a political party as well?

Answer these first before you move on. Otherwise a rabbit would have more brains...

Back
Top Bottom