What's new

Democracy Wins!

I need no dig into history as his most recent decision is nothing short of forceful.

Then i think you should include the CJ's movement in the past when it was in line with PPP agenda in that history which you are talking about.

Lets not behave in a naive way. when it was favouring PPP it was all justified now when the constitution is being breached by Zardari, you say CJ is wrong.

Shame on you for thinking that he is unconstitutional. I am not saying that he is holy -- even his wife was not a clean leader and had serious charges of corruption and extra judicial killings. The thing is that he has received votes from all four provincial assemblies and national parliament and this make him CONSTITUTIONAL president. Brag on about his lewd character but the fact remains the same. Accept this fact.

By the way, constitution does not say to summon the court at night and churn out a decision in an hour.

On wt basis he was elected. Wt was his face at that time and wt he did.

He lied with nation and parliment.

He didnt follow charter of demcracy.
He didny restored judes.
He made corruption.
Economy moved down:tdown:
He is inturpting other departments like Army and SC.
Number of things he violated....even todays decision is violation of constitution

Most imp he is illegal president coz acc to constitution President cant hold any relation with Political part

CJ has done nothing? He is a party now. What is all this fuss with lawyers going in all directions and threatening the writ of government on his orders? If he has any moral standing than he should resign.

How is the CJ a party?

Can you show me evidence that the CJ has called on the lawyers community to act illegally?

Without establishing the credibility of the above claims you are engaging in slander and rumor mongering.

BTW, I find it ironic that the PPP supporters and so called 'liberal commentators' are criticizing the SC in much the same manner in which the Musharraf supporters were criticizing the SC.

Back then it was the PPP and PML-N supporters sticking up for the SC and CJ and media for exposing corruption and unconstitutional acts - now that the PPP leadership is engaging in unconstitutional acts, these same people have turned into hypocrites and are bashing the SC for the sake of Zardari.

Liberal commentators have lost a great opportunity IMO to solidify themselves amongst the masses by standing up for what is right and condemning the unconstitutional actions of the PPP and Zardari. Instead, they chose to play politics and malign the SC for acting in accordance with the law and tried to link it to the 'military establishment' - a farcical claim as any given that these same judges and lawyers were responsible for throwing the military under Musharraf out of power in the first place.

Hypocrites.

I think its the other way round. I guess you haven't read my previous posts. I am not a PPP jiyala FYI and even suggested that both Zardari and CJ resign. Read before you comment.

On wt basis he was elected. Wt was his face at that time and wt he did.

He lied with nation and parliment.

He didnt follow charter of demcracy.
He didny restored judes.
He made corruption.
Economy moved down:tdown:
He is inturpting other departments like Army and SC.
Number of things he violated....even todays decision is violation of constitution

Most imp he is illegal president coz acc to constitution President cant hold any relation with Political part

Whatever he has done, he still is a democratically elected president. Only parliament should impeach him. CJ party has nothing to do with this. That's what I am saying that both Zardari and CJ should resign to avoid any political crisis.

Your whole premise is flawed. Do not expect Pakistanis to become totally transparent and democratic in one day. Give democracy a chance; that is the only solution.

Parliament needs to take immediate action and do some constitutional amendments otherwise this fight between CJ and president will take a turn for the worse.
I don't understand why holding our elected officials accountable is considered a threat to democracy by some PPP supporters and liberals.

The President could have easily avoided conflict by acting on the CJ's recommendations. He instead chose to clash with them and violate the constitution.

The President should be held accountable.

The biggest threat to democracy IS the lack of accountability that our feudal lords and leaders so desperately want to hide their abuses of power, not the presence of accountability.

Every Pakistani who supports democracy should be supporting the SC, not calling for parliament to amend the constitution to legitimize unconstitutional acts by our elected officials.

@Shez

Can't you see for yourself whose premise or proposition is flawed... for you the current Govt might be acceptable but for the large majority of the country it has become completely unbearable.
The cries of democracy are just absurd, previously we were ruled by a military dictator and now by a Political dictator.

How is the CJ a party?

Can you show me evidence that the CJ has called on the lawyers community to act illegally?

Without establishing the credibility of the above claims you are engaging in slander and rumor mongering.

Every sane person knows that CJ is a party. His whole restoration movement was a political movement, have you forgot that? He still uses lawyers as his party members.

People fail to understand that CJ is now political and has lost his impartiality.

so whats the final update on this ?

In short final update is that PM & President rejected summary of CJ, on which he elected judges on merit and delievered notification to appoint their own intrest of people.

SC rejected PM & President notification and suspended the President’s decision of judges’ appointment, declaring it a violation of Article-177 of the Constitution

Every sane person knows that CJ is a party. His whole restoration movement was a political movement, have you forgot that? He still uses lawyers as his party members.

People fail to understand that CJ is now political and has lost his impartiality.

His 'movement for restoration' was a movement to restore the rule of law and a movement against an unconstitutional dictator and his unconstitutional actions.

Even if you argue the above is somehow a 'political party', it is a 'political party' supporting the rule of law and upholding the constitution - every judge in the land should be a member of such a 'political party'.

And what impartiality has he lost? You were asked to show how he called for unconstitutional acts, you have not done so. So far your claims remain baseless and mere opinion on your part.

I don't understand why holding our elected officials accountable is considered a threat to democracy by some PPP supporters and liberals.

The President could have easily avoided conflict by acting on the CJ's recommendations. He instead chose to clash with them and violate the constitution.

The President should be held accountable.

The biggest threat to democracy IS the lack of accountability that our feudal lords and leaders so desperately want to hide their abuses of power, not the presence of accountability.

Every Pakistani who supports democracy should be supporting the SC, not calling for parliament to amend the constitution to legitimize unconstitutional acts by our elected officials.

Pakistanis do not need to support SC and why should they? SC should remain under its constitutional parameters that it has trespassed in recent years. Yes, parliamentarians are corrupt but that is what the fact is. People can reject them in next elections; that's democracy.

Which sane?

Long March wasnt a political movement.......every common person was on road. Plz accept wt majority and ofcourse senior members on this thread saying.

Pakistanis do not need to support SC and why should they? SC should remain under its constitutional parameters that it has trespassed in recent years. Yes, parliamentarians are corrupt but that is what the fact is. People can reject them in next elections; that's democracy.

Claim after claim without any substantiation - how has the SC trespassed beyond its constitutional role?

Part of its job is to interpret the constitution and apply it, and it has done so, as in the case of the NRO.

So where is this trespass?

His 'movement for restoration' was a movement to restore the rule of law and a movement against an unconstitutional dictator and his unconstitutional actions.

Even if you argue the above is somehow a 'political party', it is a 'political party' supporting the rule of law and upholding the constitution - every judge in the land should be a member of such a 'political party'.

And what impartiality has he lost? You were asked to show how he called for unconstitutional acts, you have not done so. So far your claims remain baseless and mere opinion on your part.

I should laugh at your comments or take pity? You are suggesting that every judge should join this party. What a suggestion.

And about his decisions. The most recent one is the biggest example. NRO decision had many flaws including the overruling of constitutional immunity. Only the parliament can overrule this immunity and it should. No one should be above the law.

Back
Top Bottom