What's new

Democracy is a failed experiment

Whats the guarantee that other systems leave poor people alone.

In life there are no guarantees but why should we accept and defend an imperfect system. We should discuss and try to make it better

---------- Post added at 02:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:52 PM ----------

China is an exception.. there were major factors which helped them achieve success. just because China became economy power under dictators doesn't mean any X Y Z country can do the same !! Democracy is best form , if it is practiced in a right way !! Pakistan is not a democracy in true sense. had they been a democracy, they would have not been in such a mess

Yea but indians arnt happy with the govt that democracys thrown up, neither are americans see original article

If you would ask those 80% of dissatisfied Americans which form of Government they prefer, 99.99% (there is always a .01% loony segment) who will back democracy 100%.

lolz and no pictures either!

True.Bina baat ke liye uksa rahe hai yeh forum waale.

Koi baat nahi,pehla image main hi post kar deta hoon

1240203089121_Funniest_Pictures_EVER-s580x464-17964-580.jpg

If you would ask those 80% of dissatisfied Americans which form of Government they prefer, 99.99% (there is always a .01% loony segment) who will back democracy 100%.

Thats what gadaffi said about the rebels in libya. Yet with nato support that what was once a minority has taken over the country. Most people world over whatever nationality dont wake up in the morning thinking hey lets change the system they follow the status quo on the whole

Perhaps a start would be a democracy where the vast populas of the country are not happy and their society is seen to be suffering?

As long as the start is democracy, then the process will be democtraticall, it might be differetn from country to country, but the idea is the same.

In life there are no guarantees but why should we accept and defend an imperfect system. We should discuss and try to make it better

Ofcourse there is no guarantee in life, but as one famous movie dialogue:

"Why should I replace 1 tyrant 1000 miles away with 1000 tyrants 1 mile away"...Its not worth the risk.

Democracy in my country with all its deficiencies is still working. If it ain't broken, why fix it.

Maybe we should have an iq test for people before they are allowed to vote some of you probably wouldnt get a vote:hitwall

i am sasying the same thing to you, it looks like you are against everybody else in this thread.

They kill a lot of muslims around the world for starters

lets dont confuse the 2 things here, we muslims have also invaded the others.

All i was trying and I think trying has to be the operative word. I dont hate any country or anyone I just dont think that democracy as defined in the west is not all thats its cracked to be and maybe we should come out with ideas to discuss and see if we could come out with something better. Mabe this forum is not the correct place to do that

All i was trying and I think trying has to be the operative word. I dont hate any country or anyone I just dont think that democracy as defined in the west is not all thats its cracked to be and maybe we should come out with ideas to discuss and see if we could come out with something better. Mabe this forum is not the correct place to do that

ok, that is clear now, but let me say somthing, what you propose here is itself part of democracy, share ideas, listen, be listened, a collective decision that everybody is happy etc. you actually are proposing democracy here.

democracy != Majority rule.

Every minority group has rights which are protected by an Independent Judiciary. Majority group cannot promulgate any random law. The independent judiciary can always strike it down if it goes against minority group's rights.

@ all those who think democracy has failed : U people don't know actual meaning of democracy.

democracy != Majority rule.

Every minority group has rights which are protected by an Independent Judiciary. Majority group cannot promulgate any random law. The independent judiciary can always strike it down if it goes against minority group's rights.

@ all those who think democracy has failed : U people don't know actual meaning of democracy.

Right thank you for your contribution.

democracy is the best form of government.no doubt in that.the problem is with the way in different people understand it.

for example take india,
we may be unhappy with the corruption,bad govt etc,still we have the power and voice to express our stand.

Thats what gadaffi said about the rebels in libya. Yet with nato support that what was once a minority has taken over the country. Most people world over whatever nationality dont wake up in the morning thinking hey lets change the system they follow the status quo on the whole

Maybe if Libiya was a democracy Gadaffi would have been right in saying it. But with a gun to their head, I doubt that they would have any other opinion.

Maybe if Libiya was a democracy Gadaffi would have been right in saying it. But with a gun to their head, I doubt that they would have any other opinion.

I agree gadaffi was a prat and should have offerd very early on when the unrest started some form of election to asertain the wishes of the libyan people.

Back
Top Bottom