What's new

Democracy is a failed experiment

Im suggesting that we should take the best parts of democracy but evolve it into a system that is better and gives people what they want as it would seem that democracy is throwing up govts which people are unhappy with

copy paste wont work, that what everybody knows, but in general terms, democracy is the best solution, we might have democracy american style or afghansitan style, butg it will be democracy which wil be the way froward.

double standard, you hate the democracy because it is the western model, but you love chiese model despite the fact that is also non native to paksitan and after all it is a gov run by communist party.

Im sorry to say but you seem to be a bit dim if you think that I am saying the chinese model is better Im saying its a different system that has good and bad in it. Its sad when someone makes a silly point like you they get a thank you but you see thats the problem with a system based on popularity. At school if a teacher asks a question what is 2 plus 2 just cos most people say it is 5 does not make it right or good This is not meant to be an adversarial thread. I suggested that we should all look with some introspection and make suggestions

what a a pathetic thread. Democracy failed Pakistan and so does military rule

please don't discuss India on this thread..we are a full-fledged democratic country and we are happy with our democracy.
world's most successful countries are democracy and world's emerging economy (with the exception of China) are also democratic countries..its only others who have failed

I think you will find Indians brought India inti this thread. Look at the start of it

Im saying that they have exploited groups their own people (poor people for example)i

---------- Post added at 02:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 PM ----------

i still dont know how they have exploited their own people.

What generally works for China may not work for India. We believe in "Unity in Diversity" and democracy is the best way to incorporate it.

Lets not be nationalist for a while may be the best model would be a system that incorporates bits from both models

Im sorry to say but you seem to be a bit dim if you think that I am saying the chinese model is better Im saying its a different system that has good and bad in it. Its sad when someone makes a silly point like you they get a thank you but you see thats the problem with a system based on popularity. At school if a teacher asks a question what is 2 plus 2 just cos most people say it is 5 does not make it right or good This is not meant to be an adversarial thread. I suggested that we should all look with some introspection and make suggestions

you are being fair if you say every system has good and bad, but what is bad in democracy?

Criteria for Chinese system :

Communism head ( 1 party system ) with a capitalist body and , of course, atheism.

Is Pakistan ready to take that plunge ? No , never ....

What is the matter with you. Did I say pakistan should have the chinese model? No i didnt. if you want to comment please try to read everything then you will not go off at a tangent

---------- Post added at 02:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 PM ----------

So are you ready to forgo God and become an atheist Communist, which in itself is a Western invention.

Do you guys need pictures where have i said that pakistan should follow chinese. i said consider the chinese system. it has good and bad points. I just do not accept the western assertions that theres is the best period and we should not look to better or change a system that we all accept is imperfect

China is an exception.. there were major factors which helped them achieve success. just because China became economy power under dictators doesn't mean any X Y Z country can do the same !! Democracy is best form , if it is practiced in a right way !! Pakistan is not a democracy in true sense. had they been a democracy, they would have not been in such a mess

but that is a mixture of communist and capitalist system, is islamic pakistan ready to accept communist system which is adapting capitalist way of bussiness? and how can you say that chinese system is better than american democracy. i am sure average american is more happy with their system than an average chinese is with his.

Ahmad mate please read what i have said rather than what you think i have said

---------- Post added at 02:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:42 PM ----------

Ofcourse, but currently democracy is the only form of Govt out there giving its citizens maximum personal freedom. For example if Indians had organized the 'Lokpal Andolan' against an Indian Dictator , it would have been brutally suppressed and Anna Hazare thrown in some Gulag.

So what you are saying is that democracy is imperfect but you have no ideas. Thats fine dont feel the need to type then

Perhaps we could look at the Chinise model and perhaps pick and chose certain parts of how they run democracy and add it to certain parts of what we already have?
One thing i would want is 100% people voting to choose what they want. If you dont vote you get fined? I think in the last general election in the UK only 45% people voted. In comparison only 19% of the TOTAL population voted for Cameron
Just a suggestion thats all

It is strength of democracy that people can show dissatisfaction over government performance and vote it out. It is not its weakness. Ofcourse we cannot all wish for super cool Taliban style government.

JDME for once your on topic. Is that a hint of sacrcasm. they say sarcasm is the lowest form of wit. You missed the point of this thread by the way. when you comment do you read all the comments and the article? I think not.

you are being fair if you say every system has good and bad, but what is bad in democracy?

Perhaps a start would be a democracy where the vast populas of the country are not happy and their society is seen to be suffering?

So Chinese System that you propose is disqualified as this system gives no right to common citizen to have any say in the decision making process.

But any common man under my understanding can join the communist party

---------- Post added at 02:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:47 PM ----------

So Chinese System that you propose is disqualified as this system gives no right to common citizen to have any say in the decision making process.

But any common man under my understanding can join the communist party and btw i do not propose the chinese model

---------- Post added at 02:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:47 PM ----------

i still dont know how they have exploited their own people.

Maybe we should have an iq test for people before they are allowed to vote some of you probably wouldnt get a vote:hitwall:

---------- Post added at 02:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:50 PM ----------

They kill a lot of muslims around the world for starters

Damn.I went out for a couple of minutes and now this thread is four pages long!

Back
Top Bottom