What's new

Democracy is a failed experiment

What about the chinese model 1 party they seem to be doing well and have pulled more people out of poverty than the so called democratic version of india , they have literacy levels that put pak and india to shame and the west dont recognise that Chinese sytem has a "democratic" system

Criteria for Chinese system :

Communism head ( 1 party system ) with a capitalist body and , of course, atheism.

Is Pakistan ready to take that plunge ? No , never ....

Many forms of Government have been tried and will be tried in this world of sin and woe. No one pretends that democracy is perfect or all-wise. Indeed, it has been said that democracy is the worst form of government except all those other forms that have been tried from time to time...Winston Churchill

You quote someone who disliked pakistanis and indians. He was not god. He accepted that democracy had its faults so whats wrong with discussing ideas to improve and change it thats what we do with other things that are not perfect. democracy is no holy cow and should not be so

---------- Post added at 02:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:16 PM ----------

Chinese system. But why should we accept something that all you are saying is imperfect as the be all and end. Why cant we change and evolve and make it better

If making population richer is a sign of sucess then chinese model is better than those western countries u mention

So are you ready to forgo God and become an atheist Communist, which in itself is a Western invention.

I don't know about Pakistanis, but we are unhappy with our Govt not the democratic system.

Well its the democratic system that has thrown up the govt that you are unhappy with

---------- Post added at 02:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:19 PM ----------

We are talking about americans here, so if we spare india and pak for a moment will be better.

Im not talking about america am talking about democracy in the world using americans example as one so why should we spare any country

You quote someone who disliked pakistanis and indians. He was not god. He accepted that democracy had its faults so whats wrong with discussing ideas to improve and change it thats what we do with other things that are not perfect. democracy is no holy cow and should not be so

---------- Post added at 02:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:16 PM ----------

Chinese system. But why should we accept something that all you are saying is imperfect as the be all and end. Why cant we change and evolve and make it better

but that is a mixture of communist and capitalist system, is islamic pakistan ready to accept communist system which is adapting capitalist way of bussiness? and how can you say that chinese system is better than american democracy. i am sure average american is more happy with their system than an average chinese is with his.

You still didn't answer what system you propose.

Personally I will not support any system where the people doesn't have any say in the decision making process.

Listen mate I dont have a monoply on ideas. I have some ideas but by being on the forum I welcome your ideas you are as qualified as me or anyone to comment and suggest. I agree that popularity should play a part but not the sole part

You quote someone who disliked pakistanis and indians. He was not god. He accepted that democracy had its faults so whats wrong with discussing ideas to improve and change it thats what we do with other things that are not perfect. democracy is no holy cow and should not be so.

Ofcourse, but currently democracy is the only form of Govt out there giving its citizens maximum personal freedom. For example if Indians had organized the 'Lokpal Andolan' against an Indian Dictator , it would have been brutally suppressed and Anna Hazare thrown in some Gulag.

you live in the uk and you shouldnt say that, how the poor is treated badly in america?

Its the same here. Did you not see a thread recently here about 25000 people in uk freezing in the cold etc

It is strength of democracy that people can show dissatisfaction over government performance and vote it out. It is not its weakness. Ofcourse we cannot all wish for super cool Taliban style government.

Listen mate I dont have a monoply on ideas. I have some ideas but by being on the forum I welcome your ideas you are as qualified as me or anyone to comment and suggest. I agree that popularity should play a part but not the sole part

So Chinese System that you propose is disqualified as this system gives no right to common citizen to have any say in the decision making process.

i still dont know, if democracy is bad then what is good?

Im suggesting that we should take the best parts of democracy but evolve it into a system that is better and gives people what they want as it would seem that democracy is throwing up govts which people are unhappy with

Its the same here. Did you not see a thread recently here about 25000 people in uk freezing in the cold etc

and can you give any statistics on how many people were suffering died in china due to different reasons such as weather? perhaps if hte uk were not more human to asylum seekers/refugees that a significant number of them are muslims and didnt give them everything for free, then that money would have saved the lives that 25000 and many more.

what a a pathetic thread. Democracy failed Pakistan and so does military rule

please don't discuss India on this thread..we are a full-fledged democratic country and we are happy with our democracy.
world's most successful countries are democracy and world's emerging economy (with the exception of China) are also democratic countries..its only others who have failed

Which countries did democracies like Canada, Scandinavian Countries, Switzerland, South American Countries, Australia exploited?

Im saying that they have exploited groups their own people (poor people for example)i

---------- Post added at 02:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 PM ----------

Democracy is not a good and best sytem, but it is better than all other options. A military dictator does not leave, nobody can question him.

Although IMo, the monarchy, like in arab states and is a good system. The money of the state is the money of the king
Then the king will keep care of his country because he knows if the country is rich, he is rich.

I accept your assertion that absolute power corrupts. but im suggesting for pakistan a road map the benevolant dictator is not the end but a start on that road

Well its the democratic system that has thrown up the govt that you are unhappy with

And if majority of Indians are unhappy, this Govt will sit in opposition in the next General Elections. This cannot be said in the Chinese model where evenif the system becomes corrupt and despicable , people have no way of correcting them other than through an uprising.

Back
Top Bottom