What's new

Democracy is a failed experiment

We have that in uk and to be honest there isnt any real choice because on major issues like invading iraq both parties were for invading

if people themselves vote these parties in, then whose fault is taht? the aliens from another planet? secodly, lib dems were against iraq war and some of the other regional parties in wales and scotland, you could have voted them.

if people themselves vote these parties in, then whose fault is taht? the aliens from another planet? secodly, lib dems were against iraq war and some of the other regional parties in wales and scotland, you could have voted them.

Who told people that if you vote, you can solve the problem? The man responsible for it, not people. Who told people that vote, ah, democracy is your best choice, you do not have other thinking? The man be responsible for it, but not the responsibility of the people.

Yes I agree, we should follow what our Prophet (SAWW) has said. He (SAWW) has brought the best system for us. unfortunately we are following western media blindly or they are dictating us, anyways we are taught that separate the relegion from state. However according to my belief this is against our relegion. May be it is true for other relegions. but when we talk about Islam. It covers every aspect of our life. so how come we we put aside islam from in our state matters. We need a Islamic government. based on principles not on the might is right policy.

then why sharia has not come into force, what is holding it back? not even in one country.

People in China have the freedom to protest, because of our robust democracy.
That is a good laugh. Please show everyone an alternate for the commies in China.

In the US, the National Guard (which is nothing more than the American equivalent of the Waffen SS) brutally puts down all protests for genuine change and that threaten the ruling Wall Street-military regime.
Right...And all you have is a mistake by National Guard troops that goes way back to 1970 with only four dead.

lol.. those voting against Democracy probably have no idea about how bad the other options might be.

That is a good laugh. Please show everyone an alternate for the commies in China.

Right...And all you have is a mistake by National Guard troops that goes way back to 1970 with only four dead.

I was delayed "thank", please ignore it.

In addition to the election game, the more robust democracy than most developing countries, including India.

Who told people that if you vote, you can solve the problem? The man responsible for it, not people. Who told people that vote, ah, democracy is your best choice, you do not have other thinking? The man be responsible for it, but not the responsibility of the people.

and where did i say that it was people's responsibility? people vote and choose somebody as a leader, then it is upto leader to set policies, and if he is wrong, people will have the choice to vote him out, but in dictatorship and totalitirian systems, if you are lucky to get a less worse dectator, then that will be ok for the country, but what if the dictator is an a.hole? how can you remove him?

lol.. those voting against Democracy probably have no idea about how bad the other options might be.

Not too bad, the Chinese model, not too bad, Taiwan \ Korea \ Japan \ Singapore \ Hong Kong, certainly better than the other democratic countries

Not too bad, the Chinese model, not too bad, Taiwan \ Korea \ Japan \ Singapore \ Hong Kong, certainly better than the other democratic countries

I am happy for the cases you are talking about.But,I think a form of government that has representatives elected by the people is better than a form of government selected by a single party.The later just gives more scope for abuse of the system as there is no other party to challenge the system,to question the decisions.

Take a look at things in this way.There was a time when almost half of the World was ruled by Communist system,now there only handful.What does this tell you?Even China had to modify its ruling system by a massive scale to keep up pace with the present World.

and where did i say that it was people's responsibility? people vote and choose somebody as a leader, then it is upto leader to set policies, and if he is wrong, people will have the choice to vote him out, but in dictatorship and totalitirian systems, if you are lucky to get a less worse dectator, then that will be ok for the country, but what if the dictator is an a.hole? how can you remove him?

Therefore, it is only right to choose in between specific objects , this is tyranny.

Well, I do not have respected a dictatorship, I respected good governance, good governance can solve the problems of developing countries, those who are pressing developing countries to improve people's livelihood. Just to vote, can not. I said,What the best option for developing countries? It is a more realistic policy in the economy, you can use a hybrid method, do not get too obsessed with the so-called democracy.

I am happy for the cases you are talking about.But,I think a form of government that has representatives elected by the people is better than a form of government selected by a single party.The later just gives more scope for abuse of the system as there is no other party to challenge the system,to question the decisions.

Take a look at things in this way.There was a time when almost half of the World was ruled by Communist system,now there only handful.What does this tell you?Even China had to modify its ruling system by a massive scale to keep up pace with the present World.

Like I said the key is good governance, if one-party system, but the abuse of power, it is certainly bad, I said a lot, just want to say, people should have a broader understanding of the form, what form, it is not the key, the key is to develop countries to solve the problem, as I said, I do not have opinions for India to adopt democracy, but if other countries can solve problems with other systems or hybrid systems, even if it is the best for them, why they can not? Just because democracy is the best and only option, and who told you? It is not true, at least for developing countries is so.

I said, Western democracy is a luxury, as developing countries can not afford to pay, but when you become rich, why not buy it? China still can not afford to buy it, but China will certainly need to select some things, do not buy it for the entire, first bought it few parts, and other things, to see our needs. In fact, I hope Chinese democracy to have more real thing than West, we have had.

Like I said the key is good governance, if one-party system, but the abuse of power, it is certainly bad, I said a lot, just want to say, people should have a broader understanding of the form, what form, it is not the key, the key is to develop countries to solve the problem, as I said, I do not have opinions for India to adopt democracy, but if other countries can solve problems with other systems or hybrid systems, even if it is the best for them, why they can not? Just because democracy is the best and only option, and who told you? It is not true, at least for developing countries is so.

Agreed with you on most of the points except the generalization that democracy is not suited to developing countries.
When you say that,it seems like you are willing to sacrifice a few for the sake of greater good,but you dont want to be the one to sacrificed,do you?
The way you use the term 'developing country',also feels like you have a benchmark ,a goal set that you have to achieve.Of course,better living condition,public services etc are the things to be achieved.But,the development of one individual should not come at the cost of other.
Hence I favour a system that has representatives chosen by the people,transparent at the same time.
If any other form of ruling can take care of the people,then I have no issues with that.

I also don't believe that democracy is the best and only option, but it works for India as Chinese System works for China...but its also a reality that there are more takers for democracy in this world than the Chinese system. Even those countries which count China as their 'all weather friend & ally" are also not open to one party Chinese System.

You want a king? Come out and say it. Mao was a king. Castro was a king. So were the many Soviets General Secretaries of the Communist Party of the old Soviet Empire. Dictators usually do not give up political powers easily. Let us know when Pakistan find a man or woman wise and sufficiently endowed with divine guidance and when your experiment begins.

I dont want this or that but you are trying to stifle discussion by telling me that american system is best and telling me what i want, Thats normal for americans to stop people opening their minds and trying to think for themselves

---------- Post added at 10:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:38 AM ----------

We are not the country with the EIGHTY THOUSANDS ANNUAL VIOLENT PROTESTS throughout the land.

Yes cos your press is under the control of those that are in power who live and keep your masses ignorant

Therefore, it is only right to choose in between specific objects , this is tyranny.

Well, I do not have respected a dictatorship, I respected good governance, good governance can solve the problems of developing countries, those who are pressing developing countries to improve people's livelihood. Just to vote, can not. I said,What the best option for developing countries? It is a more realistic policy in the economy, you can use a hybrid method, do not get too obsessed with the so-called democracy.
Well, i am personally all for democracy, that is the way forward. I have seen many sh!t govs and systems that democracy looks the only best option, maybe not perfect, but certainly the top one. Yes, good goernance is imporatnt, but how can you can have good governer and governance without have the right to choose? sadam? Qazafi? taliban? other options? if you dont get the right people in place, the country will go into freefall.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom