What's new

Delhiwala: Which Pak city is cooler – Lahore or Karachi

I am fascinated with Pak's Punjab province . For me all the old cities of Punjab including Lahore are above Karachi . An outsider will explore the culture and people of a region/city and Punjab is much ancient than Karachi urban agglomeration . Lahore for me is just the gateway to Punjab . I'll keep Islamabad and Rawalpindi above the rest .

And who are to judge? The real beauty is not the city by it self, it's the people of each city and whole country my friend.

people are same every where no matter which country , city they belongs too.... the different is there culture... city shows the culture of that particular region.... by viewing the general sites of a city we can judge the standard, mentality, culture, behaviour of the residents of the city... even interaction is not required...

people are same every where no matter which country , city they belongs too.... the different is there culture... city shows the culture of that particular region.... by viewing the general sites of a city we can judge the standard, mentality, culture, behaviour of the residents of the city... even interaction is not required...

Please use google and wiki to find out about the cities please...

That may be true for cities that evolved slowly and were nourished by their surrounding region. Lahore and Delhi may come in this category. Karachi had 400,000 people in 1947 and half of them were mostly Sindhi Hindus that migrated to India between 1947 and 1951. In 1951, Karachi had nearly 1.2 million people of which 1 million were mostly Urdu speaking that migrated from northern India and some from Gujarat. So Karachi was and is an island that speaks Urdu and is surrounded by Balochis on north and west and by Sindhis from south and east. Karachi has many localities that mushromed overnight without any planning and did not have time to develop its own culture. The major developments that has happened is that Urdu speaking people from different regions of India like Delhi, Lucknow, Hyderabad, Patna etc. have merged into one group, speak with a distinct Karachi dialect of Urdu and are represented by one political party.

Last edited:
can you provide pics of both the cities.... it would be easier for us to judge....

Go to General Images and Multimedia section, there are stickies on all cities and then judge which you prefer.

For me its karachi, its got everything, but I like Lahore and Islamabad too, also peshawar, heck the whole of pakistan.

Lahore is awesome for food and culture

Multan is best for Sweets and Halwa

Sialkot is best for Sports goods

Karachi is known for city of lightning

Peshawar and attock is for low cost electronics

Islamabad is Known for its luxury and beauty

Trust me in Pakistan every city has a quality

Pakistan Zindabad :pakistan:

Islamabad rocks cuz of:
Better Roads:

1119817677_8a7f9b41b8_b.jpg

20090412_e05.jpg

141v05z.jpg

Greenery
2415722424_02f36b7a81_o.jpg

Awesome places to visit:
3-Faisal-Mosque-in-Islamabad-Pakistan-night.gif

monument-of-pakistan.jpg

And some skyscrapers:
b-420944-Islamabad_Realty_Future_Investment.jpg

Especially on 14th of august

3825313705_c6f24e8d3d.jpg

THERE IS ALOT LEFT TO SHOW

As Pakistani i love both cities. I found that Karachi have better choice in clothes than Lahore and cheaper too. Mobil etc are also cheaper in Karachi. I wasnt there for many days visited few nice places.

And Lahore is well know for food. Lahories dont eat at home. They even eat break fast on the street taba :)

^^^ yup when i go to Lahore, i take chikar chole and nan( known as kulche) for breakfast , afgani tikka, fish, hallem, chapple Kabab, seekh kabab, bihari kabab, kharhai gosh and stuff for dinner (Cuz i am not that vegetarian), lunch was mostly homemade :cheers:

kis ki family bhaiyya? hamari family? Dad's family is from Bihar and Mom's family is from some place from North India.. not sure where.. ;) bas 1947 mein hijrat ki aur lute putey Karachi puhanch gayey... Hum logoun ko kiya pata tha us waqt kai jis mulq kai liye ham nai itni qurbaniyan dien.. udhar hie hamara mazar udey ga.. kabhi kashmirioun sai.. kabhi pathanoun sai.. kabhi punjabioun sai..

bat jo bhi ho fas bhaiyya... aik baat bilkul sahi kahi aap nai.. jo baat urdu mein hai.. woh punjabi mein kahan.. aur jo baat karachi main hain woh lahore mein kahan!! :D:P;)

sir jiss mulk ko app keh rahay hain keh mazaaq udaya jaa raha hai uss mulk nai aapko bohat kuch diya!

ghar zameen zaban,haq! izzat barabri! ajj app apki ulaad soch sakti hai keh woh pakistan kaay Army Cheif,Chief Justice, Prime Minister baan saktay hain

afsoos houa suun kaar keh apko iss mulk jiskaay liyay apnaay qurbani dii app bhool gaya keh mulk naay apkaay liyay kya kya kiya!! :pakistan::pakistan::pakistan: :angry:

sir jiss mulk ko app keh rahay hain keh mazaaq udaya jaa raha hai uss mulk nai aapko bohat kuch diya!

ghar zameen zaban,haq! izzat barabri! ajj app apki ulaad soch sakti hai keh woh pakistan kaay Army Cheif,Chief Justice, Prime Minister baan saktay hain

afsoos houa suun kaar keh apko iss mulk jiskaay liyay apnaay qurbani dii app bhool gaya keh mulk naay apkaay liyay kya kya kiya!! :pakistan::pakistan::pakistan: :angry:

Ice_Man Bhaiyya,

kaunsi izzat? kaisie barabri ? Kabhi India sai Nikalai gayey tou kabhi East Pakistan sai.. :cry: hum biharioun pai tou aafat kai pahar toot parey.. Theek hai hum mantey hain is mulq nain hamien buhut kuch diya.. magar hum bhi buhut kuch chor kar bihar aayey...

Shikwa nahin kisey sai, kisey sai gila nahin
Kismat mein hie nahin tha, jou humko mila nahin..
still I love Pakistan.. par Bihar ki yaad tou kabhi kabhi satatie hai na..

They actually look indian!

Atmi Bhaiyya,

Yeh kiya baat huwie.. Ab Hum Karachi waley Indian hou gay ? Agar kisie ka rang thora sanwala hou then he/she is Indian? Baat kuch jamie nahin.. Aaj in larkiyoun ko Indian bola, Kal kou aap loug bolo gayey kai Altaf Hussain is Indian too.. Doesn't mean if we migrated from India and look like Indians.. then we are Indian.. hum utnai hie Pakistani hain jitnai kai aap loug... aur yeh Karachi kie larkiyan bhi!!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom