What's new

Delhi’s Aurangzeb Road Renamed After Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam

I am quite neutral on this. I am not a big fan of renaming things but I can definitely see why some people would not want to remove Aurangzeb's name.

I wonder what our dear miyan orangzaib thinks about this. :lol:

@Viper0011. Janab, aapka kya khayal hai?

I didn't know I had a street in India under my previous screen name. Do I have a house there too???? Man, I love India already :smitten:. But I won't do that Arab prince hug with Modi, I am good with a solid hand shake :cheesy: :tup:

I know "Khayal" means thoughts, so you are asking my thoughts on this? Its the people who run India as the largest democracy. If they want to change this road's name to Bill Clinton Ave, hey, I am all for supporting everything peaceful. No body gets hurt, no violence and all. Everything is legal when its done with people's wishes and with peace :enjoy:

Ashoka was cruel in the beginning. After the Kalinga war he realized the uselessness of war and bloodshed. He embraced Buddhism and spread the message of peace all over asia through his missionaries.

He was not like nutjob Aurangzeb who remained murdrer jihadi till his last breath.

By the way there is ashoka road in delhi and we know ashoka was as cruel as aurageb or may be more :D why dont replace it with some confuse muslim name saif ali khan road lol

Is there an Aurangzeb Road in Lahore or Islamabad? If not, then Pakistanis should name one as soon as possible.

Why does your country cry about Nanjing all the time then?

Rather to respect basic human decency and to show courtesy to your hosts on this forum.

But then I expected too much.

Using the rape of someone's ancestors in order to score a political point on a forum, that is really low.

Rape is not something used for a joke or to score political points.

Sickular regimes

And why do you think it is a good idea to talk like this, on a PAKISTANI forum?

Or even on any forum?

And what about talking like this ?Do you think it is a good idea to talk like this on any forum?
No negative ratings for this guy ? What kind of pathetic double standards man ?

always thought it was a great idea naming nuclear missiles which are supposed to destroy india and hindus in massive numbers after conquerors who destroyed india and hindus in massive numbers

Your religious places were worthless and full of pagan idols

What was there to preserve or protect

sickularists.

A 8 page thread on just changing a name of road because he a Muslim ruler and who some people consider exclusive part of their history!!So much for not being not obsessed with India!

This is India. Ruled by Sanghis for atleast next 9 years... inhabited by majority Hindus and Secular Muslims. Will name roads to whatever names we like. Its not against the law.

what is your objection to renaming after farmer gajendra singh??

Or else, take your much awaited trip to tripoli.

how about you participate in turning india into the comfortable and enlightened society that was the libyan jamahiriya?? :azn:

quite a few people from other countries want it so for their own societies, why not you??

Next the Indians will rename Taj Mahal as Teju Mehal

tejo mahalaya... and i am sure some elements of bjp will raise the issue again.

Sickular regimes

why are you being more sanghi than the sanghis?? :girl_wacko:

Good decision.GOI should also replace shah jahan's name who had sexual relations with his own daughter according to contemporary writers and European visitors.

salute to dr. kalam

what is your objection to renaming after farmer gajendra singh??
Who is gajendra singh? A nobody in the grand scheme of things

His only claim to fame is commiting suicide on live television.

Had it been someone like Capt Vikram Batra or Major Unnikrishnan or Tukaram Ombole we wont have any objections as they gave their life for the nation

@ayesha.a How Hindus survived as an overwhelming majority at the end of this very long Muslim rule in India if there were systemic forced conversion and killing of Hindus? I am not denying there would be some forced conversion and some crimes against humanity which all rulers in past did for political power as aurangzeb even killed her own blood relatives and so did ashoka but dont buy all BS you hear from Hinduvata

You have raised a very important question and I hope yourself as well as all Indians learn how the Hindus managed to keep their religion alebit with some damage, in spite of the barbaric and uncivilized nature of the mughal attacks on their country and the muslim and christian attacks on their religion.

I think the answers are several factor working in combination:

1) The intrinsic strength of what we call Hinduism lies not in its million rituals but in underlying principled philosophies. These are practiced and taught at the family uniit level, knowingly or unknowingly and thus the children internalize them. The millions of stories that kids hear from the epics are simply reinforcements

2) The concept of idol worship may also have contributed significantly. When a temple is shattered by some hooligan, the Hindus did not lose faith or heart - they could go to their little shrine at home, or the idol they had hidden away and get psychologically treated and rejuvenated! The invaders did get the material wealth stored in the temples

3) The primary objectives of the invaders were more to do with occupation, power and wealth rather than conversion. They used conversion as a power play and punishment rather than actually wanting to expand islam. As it happens with any punishment, some people gave in and converted, some withstood it and others simply paid their way out of it. Paying could be in terms of money or just working without rebelling.

4) From time to time Hindu seers appeared and kept the spirit of the dharma alive and in public conscience. The invaders tried their best to kill these off but more kept appearing

In the ultimate analysis, one has to admire the will and strength of the Hindu in enduring and overcoming thes dark forces of invasion and slavery.

Back
Top Bottom