What's new

Delhi varsity considers removing Allama Iqbal from syllabus

Sad ,but it is bound to happen sooner or later . Iqbal's song ' sare jahaan se accha ' is probably most famous than the nationa anthem of India
BTW pakistanis should not comment cos they have already wiped out all Hindu /Indian History
Pak studies do not mention mauryas, Guptas, nor Ashoka , or even have full lesson Gandhi

Welcome Move, Hindustan shouldn't have anything to do with Sir Iqbal. Should be removed not just from political science but also from any other subject (i.e. Urdu Language). Hindustan should just pretend that He didn't exist and myth created by Muslims.

I called the Sangh bigoted because in India today, the context in which we are discussing the removal of Iqbal's thoughts, they are the ones bigoted, and nobody else. You may have noticed that the reason for Iqbal's removal is that he is not relevant to modern Indian political thought.

So there is no question of equating the opposing sides of 75 years ago with the opposing side of today, particularly when one of the opposed sides of 75 years ago no longer exists.

I am beyond astonished at the stupidity of your remark about Akhand Bharat. That had nothing to do with the Congress. The Congress stood for secularism, a completely different thing. It is the Sangh Parivar that did nothing for Indian independence and stands today, jumping up and down, talking about Akhand Bharat.

Your post should be framed and hung around your neck to ensure that you never again make a post without thinking, or without understanding.
If opposing sides of 75 years ago no longer relevant today then why do you keep villainizing Savarkar while you have absolutely nothing to say about the other side?

Why do you keep imposing the idea of the Congress as the ultimate idea of Bharat? Bharat existed before Congress, Bharat will exist after Congress.

You keep blabbering about 'Secular' India, why do you want to impose your idea of Secularism on people? What if people don't want secularism? The word secularism can be removed from Constitution the same way it was imposed by Congress to appease its votebank.

Let the people of India decide whether they want to be secular or something else. Stop imposing.

Lastly, I don't need to need to frame my post and hang it around my neck because my idea of Bharat has been framed and hung on the walls on parliament today. Next time you try to teach me the idea of this nation, I hope this picture flashes in front of you.

20230528_184707.jpg
20230528_184711.jpg

Sad ,but it is bound to happen sooner or later . Iqbal's song ' sare jahaan se accha ' is probably most famous than the nationa anthem of India
BTW pakistanis should not comment cos they have already wiped out all Hindu /Indian History
Pak studies do not mention mauryas, Guptas, nor Ashoka , or even have full lesson Gandhi

It's more for Indian Muslims, even other Indian minorities

Allama Iqbal's and Jinnah's message is more relevant today for Indian Muslims and minorities then any point for the last 70 years

with the internet you cant really hide the message anymore

I haven't studied PolSci but I think it includes thinkers or leaders of the past. Esp since majority of Iqbal's work was done in the last century.

I think his relevance was due to his efforts w.r.t to Jinnah, the Muslim League and the Muslims of the subcontinent in general. How congress is even in that equation, I am genuinely curious.

How Gandhiji is presented to your kids in Pakistan history?

If opposing sides of 75 years ago no longer relevant today then why do you keep villainizing Savarkar while you have absolutely nothing to say about the other side?
For the simple reason that his philosophy is alive and well, and is a key to the bigotry of the Sangh Parivar.

Why do you keep imposing the idea of the Congress as the ultimate idea of Bharat? Bharat existed before Congress, Bharat will exist after Congress.
I never did, idiot. Learn to read. Then learn to comprehend.

You keep blabbering about 'Secular' India, why do you want to impose your idea of Secularism on people? What if people don't want secularism? The word secularism can be removed from Constitution the same way it was imposed by Congress to appease its votebank.
Because that was the difference between the League and the Congress, and the Congress was the political organisation that brought India into independence.

It is entirely a different thing if today the nation should be secular or not.

Allama Iqbal's and Jinnah's message is more relevant today for Indian Muslims and minorities then any point for the last 70 years

Probably you should read what Moulana Abdul Kalam Azad said about future of Pakistan..it exactly reflects the present situation and more relevant

Last edited:
Let the people of India decide whether they want to be secular or something else. Stop imposing.

Sure.

Who says 'no'?

Unfortunately you have a thick skull, solid bone. Otherwise you would have understood the difference between a snapshot of the situation in 1947 and the situation today.

You need a keeper.

Lastly, I don't need to need to frame my post and hang it around my neck because my idea of Bharat has been framed and hung on the walls on parliament today. Next time you try to teach me the idea of this nation, I hope this picture flashes in front of you.
That is for the nation.

You need special help, additional help. I have seldom encountered a more stupid character.

Are you so ignorant that you don't know the words?

It was specific to the situation in 1947, and it may continue to have resonance in Pakistan today, although that is most doubtful.

It has zero relevance for India, in any shape, size or form.

Not needed.

What is needed is some device to hide comments like yours.

Today is special. I have had to read utterly brain-damaged comments from both sides, in volumes that I would never have believed possible even a few years ago.

Probably you should read what Moulana Abdul Kalamazoo Ava’s said about future of Pakistan..it exactly reflects the present situation and more relevant
Abdul Kalam Azad, I hope.

Precisely so.

Last edited:
anyway, my srs thought on the whole saga is that IDGAFF

Yao-Ming.jpg

literally nobody cares, bro

yet some xutias are all upset about it :laugh:

the bigger the xutia one is, the more outrage you feel.. do a self xutia check, people. :rolleyes:
That's the spirit. IDGAF whether y'all study Iqbal or not. He's not relevant to your current political discourse, whatever that is. With this post, I just did what my father says, "rather than go into the pond, throw a stone in it and see what comes out" :lol:

Last edited:
Probably you should read what Moulana Abdul Kalam Azad said about future of Pakistan..it exactly reflects the present situation and more relevant

Economy, politics is always messy and goes up and down,, In General Pakistan has been better off over the last 70 years,, it's means nothing

It is not a substitute for freedom

Indian Muslims are finding that out now as hindutva poison spreads

The message of Jinna and Iqbal now resonates for Indian Muslims, whilst Azad himself has been cut out of Indian history books

Economy, politics is always messy and goes up and down,, In General Pakistan has been better off over the last 70 years,, it's means nothing

It is not a substitute for freedom

Indian Muslims are finding that out now as hindutva poison spreads

The message of Jinna and Iqbal now resonates for Indian Muslims, whilst Azad himself has been cut out of Indian history books

I think there is a whole university after him

@Drexluddin Khan Spiveyzai

Regarding your username.. Is it Pashtoon or Afghan name? Or is it an imaginary word?
"Drexl Spivey" is teh villain in 1993's True Romance., 'uddin' is a common suffix for muslim names. "zai" is a suffix for many afghan tribal names, like Yousafzai, Utmanzai.
I stole the username from an afghan OSINT handle on twitter.

How Gandhiji is presented to your kids in Pakistan history?
I don't recall. Bad memory and I also never paid attention to Pakistan studies in school :D

I don't remember him being taught. What I remember is, there's a bunch of bad stuff about INC. Hindus are a monolith (no mention of sangh parivar vs INC divide, no intra-INC left-vs-right bose vs gandhi divide, ) and want to take revenge for the humiliation of a thousand years. etc etc

I did read this about Gandhi in Shahab Nama. Apparently, out of 400 crores of British India's treasury, 75 crores were supposed to go to Pakistan but only 20 were paid. Gandhi jee protested his own INC govt and kept a death fast until the indian govt fulfilled its promise. He'll have my respect for that.

I know that like many others my English is a learnt language, and has all the shortcomings of such a learnt language, but had rather the impression that I had said precisely this in my post.
You seriously do not know?

Words fail me.
You have unreasonably high expectations from me, sir. I am but a village idiot.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom